Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #61 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
OK, not every physician is "literally Mengele", but those opposing to prescribe off-label medicines simply because they hate a politician who endorses IVM and HCQ while there is no specific medicine to treat the Chinese flu are way more Mengele-ish than than they could accuse a physician who prescribes off-label medicines in an attempt to save a life.

The Following User Says Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
MeteorGray (11-23-2021)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-22-2021, 11:57 PM   #62 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
OK, not every physician is "literally Mengele", but those opposing to prescribe off-label medicines simply because they hate a politician who endorses IVM and HCQ while there is no specific medicine to treat the Chinese flu are way more Mengele-ish than than they could accuse a physician who prescribes off-label medicines in an attempt to save a life.
I don't intend to imply doctors are evil or corrupt, and I have a high regard for western medicine (compared to the alternatives). My wife is a PA after all, and I respect her effort and motivation. That gives me better insight into the inefficiencies and perverse incentives into the practice though, which allows me to articulate the ways in which it's corrupt or at least outdated.

Medicine is like a proxy for politics too, with questions like should the central regulatory bodies set all the rules (WHO, CDC for example), like the federal government, or should doctors (states) have authority? As I'm always pointing out, which is of utmost importance and perhaps not obvious except in hindsight, is that its most efficient for authority to reside at the lowest organizational level capable of handling the problem. Most decisions are best left to the individual, with a few left for a small group, and even less at a larger organizational group, and even less higher up...

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
MeteorGray (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 11:24 AM   #63 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,230 Times in 4,656 Posts
illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I didn't see anybody trying to make vaccines against the Chinese virus illegal, in contrast to the push toward mandatory vaccination endorsed by the left wing.
I didn't see anybody trying to put 911 calls from soon-to-be-dead COVID-infected anti-vaxxers on a don't answer list illegal, in contrast to the push towards opening up the economy, endorsed by the right wing.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #64 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

5-years

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
tabity tab tab

The objection to the vaccine itself is the lack of five years of testing before approval.

What really flips people out is suggesting a mandate has the force of law.
The existence of CRISPER technology allowed for the rapid-development of a statistically-efficacious vaccine, making possible, a vaccine that DIDN'T take 5-years of large-cohort, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical trials, before introduction.
When does Typhoid Mary's civil rights trump her neighbor's?
21,000,000 died between 1918 and 1919. No one could know in advance, how any individual was going to react to COVID, or how they could vector it to innocent bystanders, including their own family members.
It's a CDC mandate to protect public health. And they take their cues from epidemiologists and the scientific community.
I don't know how to navigate Americans who want to live in the Stone Age.
'Give unto Caesar, what is Caesar's.'
'Pro-Life' should include life after birth.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:12 PM   #65 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

The disease has disparate impact in various regions and timeframes meaning that remediation strategies need to be adapted to the particular needs and challenges of those communities. This fact exposes the ignorance and/or corruption in undermining local authority by applying blanket mandates to all communities.

The fact that natural immunity is at least as effective as the vaccines but not acknowledged as such belies the rhetoric of corrupt politicians whose aim is to divide and conquer. All people in positions of authority that do not recognize "The Science" of natural immunity are unfit to be shift-lead at a fast food restaurant, let alone lead citizens. Claims of "for your health" are made out of extreme ignorance at best, or extreme corruption at worst; both of which are disqualifying attributes for a leader.

aerohead (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 12:55 PM   #66 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,618 Times in 7,097 Posts
Quote:
  • The existence of CRISPER technology allowed for the rapid-development of a statistically-efficacious vaccine, making possible, a vaccine that DIDN'T take 5-years of large-cohort, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical trials, before introduction.
  • When does Typhoid Mary's civil rights trump her neighbor's?
  • 21,000,000 died between 1918 and 1919. No one could know in advance, how any individual was going to react to COVID, or how they could vector it to innocent bystanders, including their own family members.
  • It's a CDC mandate to protect public health. And they take their cues from epidemiologists and the scientific community.
  • I don't know how to navigate Americans who want to live in the Stone Age.
  • 'Give unto Caesar, what is Caesar's.'
  • 'Pro-Life' should include life after birth.
I converted your wall of text to an unordered list to help my understanding. I don't see a connecting thread through the seven points you made. Like 'navigating Americans'.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 01:05 PM   #67 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

strategies............fact..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The disease has disparate impact in various regions and timeframes meaning that remediation strategies need to be adapted to the particular needs and challenges of those communities. This fact exposes the ignorance and/or corruption in undermining local authority by applying blanket mandates to all communities.

The fact that natural immunity is at least as effective as the vaccines but not acknowledged as such belies the rhetoric of corrupt politicians whose aim is to divide and conquer. All people in positions of authority that do not recognize "The Science" of natural immunity are unfit to be shift-lead at a fast food restaurant, let alone lead citizens. Claims of "for your health" are made out of extreme ignorance at best, or extreme corruption at worst; both of which are disqualifying attributes for a leader.
Perhaps you have access to 'a priori,' magic-knowledge, unknown to epidemiologists, plus a superior command of all-things epidemiology, compared to those who've made a full-time career of it. After all, what could they possibly know, when any website on the internet, is obviously more qualified to influence and instruct.
And the ability to look into the heart and soul of strangers is quite impressive. Perhaps you read palms?
We'll just ditch the democracy.
When my child gets a brain tumor, I'll just take them to the barber shop. Feed 'em castor beans, toad stools, and water out of a ditch. I'm sure their bodies will compensate.
That natural immunity did a lot for all the un-vaccinated, who right before death, vocalized their regret for not getting the shot.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #68 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

don't see

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I converted your wall of text to an unordered list to help my understanding. I don't see a connecting thread through the seven points you made. Like 'navigating Americans'.
Sounds like a complete lack of recent observation, perspicacity, and critical thinking.
Perhaps those with these facilities will benefit from the dots and be able to connect them.
I don't have time to write a book.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #69 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Perhaps you have access to 'a priori,' magic-knowledge, unknown to epidemiologists, plus a superior command of all-things epidemiology, compared to those who've made a full-time career of it. After all, what could they possibly know, when any website on the internet, is obviously more qualified to influence and instruct.
I'm referring only to the most highly regarded experts and authorities when I reference natural immunity. It's a trap because either

a. highly exalted experts and authorities are infallible, in which case natural immunity is at least as effective as a vaccine or

b. highly exalted experts and authorities are fallible, and reliance on them is foolish. Old politicians with no background in anything useful should be relied upon instead.

Quote:
And the ability to look into the heart and soul of strangers is quite impressive. Perhaps you read palms?
I'm always willing to entertain alternative explanations for anything I've stated. Do you propose something else besides ignorance or corruption as motivating factors? Perhaps I didn't consider disease or dementia as an explanation, but I'm not one to leverage medical conditions to expose illogic.

Quote:
That natural immunity did a lot for all the un-vaccinated, who right before death, vocalized their regret for not getting the shot.
I've already stated that I'm pro-vaccine for the most part, so you're preaching to the choir here. 2/3rd of Americans have received a vaccination, and at least 1/3rd have been exposed to Covid and have natural immunity. We're somewhere around 95% coverage of some sort of immunity, yet the disease persists because that's the evolutionary process of pathogens. It's what's known as endemic.

Early deaths, before the vast majority of the population had immunity could mostly be correlated with unvaccinated individuals. At this point, it's mostly bad luck in that variants have adapted around immunity, and prey especially on the elderly and unhealthy. That brings up my next point that nowhere in the corrupt business of dividing people for the ostensible purpose of "health" have any of these scumbag politicians mentioned things like not being overweight, getting adequate vitamin D, and other things that build up natural defenses not only to Covid, but every disease. They are corruptly myopically focused on 1 and only 1 therapy. There is no other explanation other than corruption/profound ignorance/mental disease to explain this, but I await alternate explanations and hope to be proven wrong.

Last edited by redpoint5; 11-23-2021 at 01:47 PM..
aerohead (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 01:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,618 Times in 7,097 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like a complete lack of recent observation, perspicacity, and critical thinking.
Well, la-di-da.

I could connect the dots (it would take a book) but with no guarantee it matches you rintent.

I don't know how to navigate [with] Americans who want to live in the Stone[d] Age?

It's render unto Caesar, what is Caesar's. Superceded by the Nuremburg Code 1947.

Reply  Post New Thread