Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #61 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa8907 View Post
Yes, but it was also mentioned that they do not turn on when the temps rise, only with the a/c on do they come on. That is what I am suggesting he fix. Thank you
I agree. Obviously since both fans *do* run when the A/C is on, the problem is not with the fans themselves. If I recall correctly, on Toyotas the primary fan is used for normal cooling and the secondary fan also runs (meaning both fans will run) when the A/C is used. So I'm asking why the primary fan isn't being activated when the A/C is not being used.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #62 (permalink)
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Ok well I got it fixed boys, I took it to a friend of my dad's who is a mechanic, and he flushed the entire system and refilled it, and it's back to normal temps, he also went over the radiator and hoses with a 'fine tooth comb' so to speak and didn't see any leaks. I think you were right from the beginning mechanic(as I suspected) there must have been an air bubble in the line somewhere.

As for the fans, I have no idea why but they are working fine now, they still don't come on and stay on when I unplug that thing like before, but they are kicking on right around 220F. Which iirc they did in the past.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #63 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Watch the coolant levels religiously for at least a week. Both the radiator itself and the recovery bottle. If it's working right the radiator will suck coolant out of the reservoir when it cools down, so check it right when you turn it off and again when it's cold. Once that level is consistent in both cold and hot states mark the recovery bottle with a magic marker. Keep an eye on it for a while.

If you aren't loosing any coolant your are lucky and all is well.

regards
Mech

Reply  Post New Thread