Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Crazy Rabbit. All I'm saying is quit talking and show us how it can possibly work. I'm actually hoping you just quit talking, but on the 1 in 10,000,000,000,000 chance you're on to something, I thought I'd ask you to prove how it works.

As for all your anecdotes, there is something else going on with-in the smoke and mirrors, I can absolutely guarantee it, which is why I can make the fly you to Oslo promise. Put up or shut up. Don't talk in maybes. There "may be" a unicorn living in my Hondas cupholder, but I ain't gonna go challanging people to prove it isn't there. That would make me look really, really, stupid. Get it?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Chaz,
I really don't care if this scheme works or not. I have no interest in this at all. I think you should expand your OSLO airfare offer to anybody who proves this, because, I am not about to prove it. I don't care. I just think trashing the scheme without any evidence whatsoever is a bit much.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyrabbit View Post
I just think trashing the scheme without any evidence whatsoever is a bit much.
It's a bit like a sorely needed reality check.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

I Don't have to prove it works.

Are you unaware of how things work in the real world?????

You come in here and say you think it might work. We say "Prove It". You say "You shouldn't trash an idea that has not been proven to not work." We say, "It has never been proven to work."

See where this ends up??? Bottom line. You say it works, I say prove it or quit dreaming about it and acting like it needs further evaluation. You don't think plenty of really talented individuals tried to prove how it works and ended up coming to the conclusion that it doesn't??? We don't hear from them anymore, cause if they got it to work, and proved it, the worlds energy needs would be solved. Last I looked, gas was $3.95. And there isn't a unicorn in my cup holder.

I'm not trashing the idea, I'm trashing the logic you are trying to use. You must come from a strange land apparently where the scientists make crazy claims then tell everyone to prove it can't be done, otherwise what they say is true.

Claimant, "I've built a warp drive VW and have just returned from the planet Gosinkap in the Beta Quadrant of the Andromeda Galaxy"
Skeptic, "Really, show us how you did it, prove you went there, we're all quite curious about this."
Claimant, "I don't have to prove it to you, I just said I did it, You prove it to me that I didn't make it to Gosinkap, you have to prove that Warp drive is impossible and intergalactic travel across 2.9 million light years in 52 minutes cannot be accomplished, or, what I say is a fact, I can tell you I packed a lunch."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChazInMT For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (05-14-2011), mcrews (05-14-2011), tugboat (05-16-2011), UFO (05-15-2011)
Old 05-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
I did not say this scheme worked. All I said was that it might, and that before trashing it into the cesspool of rotting unicorn carcasses somebody ought to get some objectively measured data.
If you feel that strongly about it, please do some testing. Or at least start with a theory with some actual numbers in it, i.e. precisely how much fuel do you think is lost to "quench" and how much hydrogen would make a difference and how much extra fuel it takes to make that much hydrogen.

Quote:
article called "Faster"
Not remotely related to this. In fact I am alarmed that you think this is some sort of valid argument for anything. And, BTW, this site was probably one of the first sites to get their heads around that particular machine.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ind-12829.html
Christ (05-14-2011)
Old 05-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Hot rodder eco wannabe

The truck now the car - '04 Pontiac Sunfire SE
Ever watch howerpower tv? Watch when they take apart an engine. There's a reason why machine shops have parts washers, engine ovens and sonic cleaners
Old 05-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Hot rodder eco wannabe

The truck now the car - '04 Pontiac Sunfire SE
Hey guys... read about it here Hydroxy Gas, they used to have a 400+ page document on how to make your own hydroxy gas generators. I can't find it right now since they changed their site around. I just saved it to my flashdrive.
A buddy at work constructed an "open bath" type generator, not the most efficient generator, but he got 5 more MPG on his Civic with no other mods. The trick is that you have to tap into the O2 sensor. You have to raise the voltage from the O2 sensor to the computer. It tells the computer that you're in a rich condition so it leans out the air/fuel mixture.
If you don't modify the O2 sensor then the O2 will see there's more Oxygen in the exhaust (from the generator breaking apart the hydrogen and oxygen) and richen up the engine getting you great power but half of your MPG.
FYI, disconnect everything when you take your vehicle for an inspection, otherwise they will red flag you as any modification to your emission equipment is illegal. With a carburetor it's easy... no electronics to tamper with.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

Wow, Holy Crap!! I'll run out now then and get one!!!! O2 Sensor mod must be what the whole planet has been doing wrong all this time preventing them from making a perpetual motion machine. To think it's been there the whole time right in plain sight!! Sometimes I guess it's the simple things that make crazy.

You say the 400+ page document will guide me, it seems thick enough to contain all the secrets to solving the worlds energy problems, most HHO instructions come on 1 or 2 page flyers so they are obviously junk.

Gotta run out now and get started, I'm so excited I just peed my pants!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChazInMT For This Useful Post:
Christ (05-14-2011), tugboat (05-16-2011)
Old 05-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thank You Silvey01,
A ways into your reference is a link to this paper:http://www.panaceauniversity.org/Hyd...Combustion.pdf The fuel mpg claims are about on par with that of the sellers on e-Bay, only the provider has no apparent conflict of interest. If you look at these systems on e-Bay, you will see that the vast majority of the feedback the sellers receive are positive. I will say that only a small percentage of the feedbacks report the mpg impact, but there are a pretty good number of repeat customers.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I also noted that at least one of the HHO sites I found offered hypermiling tips:

"BONUS #3 - HyperMiling - The Art of Driving To Save Fuel

Through extensive trial and error, many techniques have been discovered that can as much as double your fuel economy just by driving a certain way. Some of these techniques were featured on CNN and the complete guide has been sold for as much as $79.99. Combined with the Gas4Free system, this allows MAXIMUM GAS SAVINGS.
Value: $79.95 yours FREE"

This is how the fuel line magnets work. They sell you a worthless product, but since you are known to want to increase fuel mileage, they give you a little education in how to do that. Then they want to take credit for their device improving your gas mileage.

Reply  Post New Thread