Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Right it is obviously not selfish to use 4x the fuel I do to armor yourself from harm and increase the possibility of harming others?

And no I have not been in an accident over the last 15 years and million+ miles
(yes I did drive a lot when I ran a concession booth)
You drive a new car...wonder at what cost to the environment was it to make? Why not recycle an older car? An 80's Diesel Mercedes for instance. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
For you and all the others not being "selfish" and their assoociated consumption, why is it that I'm stuck every year paying higher and higher fuel bills, just to get to the same destinations day after day?

My choice is to aide a much larger problem than my own personal safety - your choice is to defend your actions by using slander against small vehicles, then try to justify it by calling me selfish for putting myself at higher "risk", as you perceive it.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
So why not think of the person you're going to kill because of the accident you got into while you were driving your arrogantly oversized "Safe" SUV? Imagine for a second that because of the energy transfer that occurs between a larger and smaller vehicle during a frontal impact, the person driving the smaller vehicle dies, or becomes a vegetable, all for your extra 1,000 lbs of "safety"... now who's being selfish?

It's a balancing act, surely, between what's selfish,and what's overdoing it.
My duty and right is to protect myself and my family. Most cars on the road are safe enough to have a chance up against a larger more sturdily built vehicle. That thing looks like a mobile coffin. Its not my concern that some quirky person dares to be different at the expense of his/her safety.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJguy View Post
You drive a new car...wonder at what cost to the environment was it to make? Why not recycle an older car? An 80's Diesel Mercedes for instance. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.
This, sir, is just grasping for straws. You drive an SUV/Jeep/Whatever, and get poor economy doing it. Why not get an older, more fuel efficient car? An 80's diesel Mercedes, for instance? Stones, meet glass.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
My duty and right is to protect myself and my family. Most cars on the road are safe enough to have a chance up against a larger more sturdily built vehicle. That thing looks like a mobile coffin. Its not my concern that some quirky person dares to be different at the expense of his/her safety.
You're mixed, sir - you also have a duty as a citizen of this country to protect it... and you're certainly not helping by using your personal safety as an excuse to wildly consume resources.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
This, sir, is just grasping for straws. You drive an SUV/Jeep/Whatever, and get poor economy doing it. Why not get an older, more fuel efficient car? An 80's diesel Mercedes, for instance? Stones, meet glass.
Actually I have an 81 Diesel 300D, an 86 XJ, a 92 XJ, 91 MJ, a 2008 Yukon Denali, a Porsche 914, and a 75 Hurst/Olds.

The one I use most is the 91 MJ Comanche...which I am building several aerodynamic enhancements for.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
You're mixed, sir - you also have a duty as a citizen of this country to protect it... and you're certainly not helping by using your personal safety as an excuse to wildly consume resources.
I recycle vehemently, I pay taxes to fight all these wasteful wars, I vote, I try to buy American every chance I get. Aside from serving in the military (which I did enlist in the Marines for) I am about as good an American as they come.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually I have an 81 Diesel 300D, an 86 XJ, a 92 XJ, 91 MJ, a 2008 Yukon Denali, a Porsche 914, and a 75 Hurst/Olds.

The one I use most is the 91 MJ Comanche...which I am building several aerodynamic enhancements for.
Not interested in selling the 300, I presume? Your'e only a state away...

Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Negative. My dad bought it brand new, passed it down to me.

BTW I get asked that every time I take it out.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #40 (permalink)

Frankly, I'm not really sure what I would do with one lol. I have TMFP as it is, but I suspect it would be a nice weekend cruiser, long distances and such. Much nicer than my Golf for a 2 hour drive, for instance.

Then again, I get 50+ in the Golf, so I can deal with a bit of discomfort. If the fuel were free (it soon may be), then it might be a different story altogether.

Reply  Post New Thread