Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Starlite:The lost better fireproof ever on history

Imagine a fireproof material dozen times better than nomex, much better than even Carbon-X, that you could just spray or paint over a surface and endure more than 5 minutes over a strong flame tourch.

This already exist... Better saying, it existed, cause now it's a lost treasure. The inventor, Maurice Ward, died in 2011 and the formula wasn't revealed.

Meet Starlite :

http://www.documentarytube.com/artic...nged-the-world

How many lives would had be saved if this incredible plastic was available since the discovery... But the inventor prefered to take the secret to his grave.
It was confirmed by NASA and Boing as be true, about the fireproof capabilities.

Why people do that ???
If I had the cure for AIDS, would I prefer to keep it, not even make money, while thousands of people suffer and die from AIDS ?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
It's unfortunate sometimes, but freedom of speech includes freedom to not speak.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ecky For This Useful Post:
niky (05-27-2018), samwichse (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

How far can freedom go?

Supose we had a new super disease killing like the spanish flu or the Black Death, but in our days. Supose I found a cure, and I came in, present it, cure same few people as example, and ask 2 trillion of dollars for release the formula secrete.
Supose the world goverments refuse to pay me, and I send them to hell and keep the cure to myself.

Would you still suport my freedom of speech and freedom of not speak, and watch millions of people die slowly ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
It's unfortunate sometimes, but freedom of speech includes freedom to not speak.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
Doesn't matter what I support, short of torture there's no way I could compel you to speak.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Probably causes cancer, anyway. Like everything else.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Couldn't someone take a sample of this material for an analysis in order to get the formula?
Old 06-20-2018, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

That's called reverse engineering... In one video someone said one sample was stolen from hin.
Some people speculate even hin didn't know how it work. Others even said he created a certain amount, by trying error, without good notes of each step, and he couldn't create more exactly with same qualities.

What abbout a conspiracy theory :

Some goverment authority keep it as a secret, since it could e used to create better protection against nuclear atacks.

It's anoying... I see Indy fires that take only 5 to 10 seconds to put out, and even so the driver get some burns on hands. With gloves being the worsts parts of Indy cars racer's overalls.
What a crap fire protection system they use still today, the old Nomex created in the 60's.
And this fantastic Starlit fireproof was gone without even be cleary of what is and how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Couldn't someone take a sample of this material for an analysis in order to get the formula?

A lot of things cause cancer. Indeed the right thing to say it's "increase chances of get cancer."
But the point is the number, how relevant. Something increase risks of same cancer in 10 times (like smoking) Other things increase cancer risks in just 1,5%.
And somethings increases risks of some cancer in 10%, but or types of cancer that was aready very rare, like 1 in 3000 cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby79 View Post
Probably causes cancer, anyway. Like everything else.

Last edited by All Darc; 06-20-2018 at 01:40 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread