Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Herring View Post
I met my first lesson about 2.5 miles from my house...which my SG2 told me cost me .40 to drive there so I'm trying to keep all my meeting places as close to my house as possible to maximize profits. 40 cents is not a big deal but I could imagine some lessons might be much farther away. My next few lessons are also within 5 miles of my house.

On Sunday, the car dealership my landlord runs is 20 miles from my house so I'll be paying a little more to reach customers. But, if I can sign up some of the test-drive people I'm riding with for lessons it's worth it...I'm not expecting much for people on test drives though as they are there to buy cars and not directly to save mpgs...I won't say never...I didn't know if my new biz would work either...stand by to stand by.
I'd start keeping records of all miles driven with where I drove from and where I drove to for the business. If you have to start paying taxes on the income the miles you are driving, the cost of the scan gauge, the cost of the signs, and any other business related expenses will be tax write offs if you itemize your taxes. Be sure to keep all receipts and accurate records of everything pertaining to the business.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
completed my second lesson today...a referrel...went well again...$20 and the guy booked another next week to work on pulse and glide and to help lose weight in his lead foot. he drives about 400 miles a week so he can really benefit from increased mpg. as a comparison i drive about 400 miles a month!

today was a sinch...guy drives a 4runner like me and gets below epa due to commute into boston 5 days a week...couldnt ask for a better driver to work with! i pulled 7 more mpg than him on a 10 mile trip...for him that could mean an extra $1000 to $1500 in his pocket every year! i do get a somewhat evil inner laugh when i let them drive first and watch all the mistakes they make...the guy today was pedal to the metal...then brakes...then hammer down....all 10 miles. i thought his rpm was going to peg the scanguauge!

the bigger news from today is the guy gave me a great name for my biz. when he saw my 7 mpg over his he said if i could get him to that number he'd be a super commuter...and i heard a little bell ring in my head.

my new business could be called Super Commuter! and my hook could be "Driving in the Smart Lane"...great logo could be the superman logo with an S and a C in the middle...let me know what you think!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
X-Frenchy: very

scenic - '01 renault scenic
90 day: 43.09 mpg (US)

megane - '97 renault megane classic
Diesel
90 day: 72.53 mpg (US)

dennisius - '06 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 69.27 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Herring View Post
i pulled 7 more mpg than him on a 10 mile trip...

Quote:
my new business could be called Super Commuter! and my hook could be "Driving in the Smart Lane"...great logo could be the superman logo with an S and a C in the middle...let me know what you think!

Denis.

Earth and health are priceless, so are kilotank and AT-PZEV
Best Mégane tank: 1268.9mi @ 77.847 MPG(US)
2008/06-2011/10 saving:
  • 5725.5 kg CO2 (5342.6+382.9)
  • Diesel / Money: 42.17% = 2446.25€ = 3357.26$

---
megane : thread - kill switch.
Reply  Post New Thread