Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #461 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasstingy View Post
What I find most aggravating about the Volt is the premium fuel required for the ICE
False, the volt will certainly run on 87 octane all day, it just gets worse MPG and it is not a good idea if you don't burn enough gas to do it anyway.

Quote:
and it doesn't build up the charge to 80-90% and cycle the engine off. I did read they expect a minimum of 20% rated EV range increase in the next generation Volt. So, 38 *1.2 = 45.6 mile range. I'm hoping they surpass 50 miles all electric range.
Battery never charges past 80% or its life is reduced, even off the wall.

The Mountain mode sort of works like you want but nobody on the volt forum is intellegent enough to discuss getting gages to get their motor in the right BSFC island or P&G attempts etc. So no good data comes out of "their" camp in terms of what the volt would do hypermiling the gasser part.

You can surpass 50 miles range in the current volt, just as I did with my 1981 comutacar, just need to drive slower

Quote:
While I was sight-seeing last weekend I also checked out a new Spark, knowing someday the EV version may sell outside CA. As tiny cars go, I think I could live with it. I've had small cars before and prefer that to large vehicles.
If the volt design was in an insight G1 with a lean burn motor I would like it much more as well.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread