Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Another too long ago to remember.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-23-2019, 09:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Things that I learned today:
1. Yes, I needed my own car.
2. Gilbert Parks require reserving by Thursday, but you still need to claim it before anyone else does.
3. Ice cream mix is garbage.
4. McCormick root beer mix may not be any good, either.
5. Taste the root beer before you add dry ice.
6. You need to allow at least an hour to get your hair cut at Sully's Barbershop in Mesa and extra time in case a fight breaks out.
7. There is a big event at Freestone Park today and much of the park is blocked off.
8. Birthdays are overrated.

So, I was late to my own birthday party, and I did not have the ice cream, root beer, Mexican food, or pizza.

My sister-in-law was the only one outside my immediate family to come. I had ultimate stuffed crust pizza delivered.

It worked out to over $25 each pizza.

I ate salad.

My sister made a four-layer mango cake, but did not tell me she was baking it. She told Mom, who had me drive to Costco to buy a cake, but fortunately my sister called me before I made it to checkout, but that wasted time that I did not have to spare.

My other sister ordered me some fancy cake, but it arrived after we left town.

At the barbershop, one of the customers ahead of me seriously disliked his haircut and made the barber redo it. He hated the second one, the barber told him to get out of the chair, the customer walked to the door, and then started yelling at the barber at the far end, who yelled back, and it just got worse and worse.

I was right in the middle, so I was especially grateful they did not start fighting, I would not have been able to get out of the way.

I did not invite any lady friends, so multiple women are angry at me.

Good times.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Uhnn... But you forgot to tel us : Was all that worthwhile or not ?

Lady friends?
So, is that possible to be friends of women? What uncle Jordan says about this issue?

Forgive me for bring uncle Jordan to your birthday... It's just to irk Redpoint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
2. Gilbert Parks require reserving by Thursday, but you still need to claim it before anyone else does.
6. You need to allow at least an hour to get your hair cut at Sully's Barbershop in Mesa and extra time in case a fight breaks out.
7. There is a big event at Freestone Park today and much of the park is blocked off.

So, I was late to my own birthday party, and I did not have the ice cream, root beer, Mexican food, or pizza.

My sister-in-law was the only one outside my immediate family to come. I had ultimate stuffed crust pizza delivered.

I ate salad.

My sister made a four-layer mango cake, but did not tell me she was baking it. She told Mom, who had me drive to Costco to buy a cake, but fortunately my sister called me before I made it to checkout, but that wasted time that I did not have to spare.

At the barbershop, one of the customers ahead of me seriously disliked his haircut and made the barber redo it. He hated the second one, the barber told him to get out of the chair, the customer walked to the door, and then started yelling at the barber at the far end, who yelled back, and it just got worse and worse.

I was right in the middle, so I was especially grateful they did not start fighting, I would not have been able to get out of the way.

Good times.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-23-2019 at 11:05 PM..
Old 03-23-2019, 11:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Oh, man! that was 30 years ago. Probably nothing special. My wife likes to find me a stage and audience to sing my songs to, but I don't remember if she did that 30 years ago.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post

I ate salad.

Good times.
I hear you.

I've had one too many bdays like that- holidays too- so no bdays or holidays for me. No cards sent or received, no gift exchanges, no parties. Maybe someone gets a phone call. That's why I don't remember my 40th- just another day.

Don't hate me because I'm saying this after knowing what sort of day you had, but Happy After The 40th Birthday!

Old 03-24-2019, 10:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
My family insisted that I ruined my 35th birthday. This was some months after I bought my Civic and I think that I was still trying to remove the nut on the exhaust pipe and replace the oil pan. I could not drive my car and asked a friend to drive me to the store so I could pick up cake and ice cream.

She arrived an hour later than I expected, so I was still a couple of miles away when they arrived, and they were quite impatient for my return.

If I ever figure out how to send a text message back in time I will tell myself "Bolt extractors!"

Someone told me about them after I finally fixed it, but somehow they never came up while I spent weeks trying to figure it out.

Curiously, I actually had two birthday gatherings that year. My sister hosted them every year until this one, but she did not like my then-girlfriend, so I was prohibited from inviting my significant other. I am not saying my sister was wrong, that was the one that asked to make payments on my Subaru, but refused to get insurance, called the police on me, sued, and then got in a motorcycle accident and died.

I wish that she had just gotten married like my other exes.

It is funny how happy I feel when my exes get engaged.

Since she was not invited to my birthday party at my sister's house, I decided to have a gathering at my place. I chose a day and time and then found out that my then-girlfriend was working.

You know, had I planned around it, she could have brought cake and ice cream, and I could have been on-time to my own birthday party.

At my sister's house, it was pretty much just her, myself, and our parents. I do not remember the kids being there. I was having a nice chat with Mom and Dad and my sister walked in, turned on "Brave," and left the room.

So, then we were talking over a movie, and it was kind of distracting.

Was that the year she bought my brother-in-law's favorite cake for my birthday? I don't know. Was that the year she served my nephew the first slice? I don't know, but she did that again this year, even after Mom told her she served the birthday boy first.

"No I don't [serves our sister-in-law first]."

Hey, I like my sister-in-law. I gave her a hug!

I did not hug my sister... The last time she wanted to hug me it was like the scene from "Big Bang Theory" where Penny gave Sheldon a napkin Leonard Nimoy used and signed and he hugged her. "Look Leonard! He's hugging me!"

My sister had offered to take care of everything, but the entire point was to prevent her from controlling my birthday. Buying all of that stuff was surprisingly expensive.

I just realized a couple dozen more people wished me Happy Birthday on Facebook. That made me feel better, although a little bad.

I had neglected to invite two of the people that posted on my wall. Oops!

I hope that each of you enjoyed your weekend. Please take care!
Old 03-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Stopped having birthdays a long time ago. They just make you old :-)
Old 03-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

It would be easier if you was still a kid.
You could just ask :

Daddy, next time, in my next birthday, could I just have no party at all, and instead just receive the money that you would expent in party, or as extra gifts ?

I bet many millennials did that as kids.

Food and socializing... cave man instinct ???
Are parties just a excuse to make people eat, a stimulus based on food and serotonin released by it?
Old 03-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Things that I [didn't] learned today:
freebead used to be involved with an exotic dancer.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

This thread probably explains why the USA tradition of a birthday in a restaurant, with just few very close family members in a single table, with a small cake ordered, and with waiters singing Happy Birthday, started.
A lot less chance to anything wrong happens... Less expenses... less headache...

Reply  Post New Thread