Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2022, 08:37 PM   #401 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
I'm starting to wonder what can be done about the Metro. I don't mind it skittering about over potholes in downtown intersections, but on long sweeping higher speed curves it just feels dead and unresponsive.
I can't steer with the throttle, it feels the same with a trailing throttle or hammer down.

It sits a little nose-high for my taste.

No camera, but what I did today was cut a sheet of plywood to make a flat deck in the back. I haven't removed the seat back and seat belts yet, but it's on it's was to being a sedan delivery.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Ecky (02-07-2022)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-19-2022, 12:03 PM   #402 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Prius Experiment - '07 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 58.52 mpg (US)
I made the first eco-mod on the Prius. It's just a simple grille block, using pipe insulation from the hardware store. I'm too lazy to coast-down test it. But I do track fuel economy. If I notice a difference, I'll make something more permanent to replace it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacktree For This Useful Post:
alexshock (02-19-2022), Ecky (02-20-2022), MetroMPG (05-16-2022)
Old 08-19-2023, 04:27 AM   #403 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumpa8 View Post
California98Civic reported that their oil catch can inspection post a few hundred miles revealed no oil/water sludge but only a slight discoloration and a gasoline scent. Repaired PCV Valver appeared to have contributed. The observation suggests minimal blowby, indicating engine health. However, they question why the PCB dumps into a dry rather than wet part of the intake, leading to gunk accumulation. Would routing the vehicle to the wet part facilitate consistent cleansing and burning?
Well there is no wet part of the intake manifold is why.

Only a older carb or Throttle Body injection set up is there any fuel flow in the intake.

Nowadays your fuel injection is Port or direct injection, port injection is right at the intake valve and direct is right into the combustion chamber.

Dry intakes allow for better air flow over the older wet one where nearly every bent could cause fuel drop out and puddles.

That does leave the problem of gumming up of the EGR valve and throttle body from the junk in the exhaust.

From what I have found and read, EGR can be a major help in MPG, mainly by displacing part of the incoming fuel and air.

I am not sure how much unburned fuel is present to ad to the new fuel.

And if reburning it helps with pollution.

Rich
Old 02-27-2024, 09:45 AM   #404 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

2008 Santa Fe 2.7 v6

I’m working to get this blob to 25 mpg. This grill block got me to 24mpg.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DD7789BD-B62E-4057-9E6E-2AAD2EAB255B.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	34547  
Old 02-27-2024, 01:27 PM   #405 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Have you raised the tire pressures yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
I'm starting to wonder what can be done about the Metro. I don't mind it skittering about over potholes in downtown intersections, but on long sweeping higher speed curves it just feels dead and unresponsive.
I didn't post at the time, but it's better now. The rear tires had abnormal wear, so I replaced them and had the alignment done.

Once the inner tie rods ends are replaced, the front end alignment can be done, then I can rotate the wheels, or buy two more.

Reply  Post New Thread