Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #401 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

EG6 - '93 Honda Civic Si
Information Systems. AIX/Unix, Systems Administrator.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #402 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Toyota Ist - '06 Scion Xa
90 day: 35.17 mpg (US)
I have a BS in Business Management, and im currently working in the Solar Industry.

I have worked on cars all thru HS and college. Now im interested in getting the best mpg or running a car w/o gas. Im interested in all types of renewable energy. Currently researching and experimenting with a few alt energy car projects on my free time.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #403 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

RSX2fast4mpg - '02 Acura RSX Type S
90 day: 38.22 mpg (US)

bubbatrucker - '98 Chevrolet K1500
90 day: 18.1 mpg (US)
took a semester of auto shop in high school, worked on a lot of small block chevy engines throughout my teens and 20s (well, actually, well into my 30s, too), learned to rebuild Rochester carbarators in my lap in the passenger seat, built a few hot rods in the 1980s, but these modern four-bangers intimidate the hell out of me. I have no problem changing heads on a '78 chevy, just don't ask me to point to the fuel injectors on my Acura.

Also took several semesters of electronics in high school so I'm comfortable with a soldering iron, but again, this was pre-computer stuff. As recently as last year I was building high intensity LED lights for mountain bike racing using Li-ion batteries, Cree and Seoul LEDs, with buck pucks for drivers.

I can't weld for $#!+, but it's really something I'd like to learn for numerous projects, both automotive related and home projects (want to build my own solar cell housings that will be photovoltaic on the front, but backed by a solar hot water system; would keep the panels cooler and more efficient while supplying most of my domestic hot water with less total roof space used). I also have some wood stove designs I'd like to play with with a hot water jacket to preheat water for my boiler and/or tankless hot water heater.

My work is entirely unrelated and while I could tell you what I do, then I'd have to kill you.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #404 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endurance View Post
My work is entirely unrelated and while I could tell you what I do, then I'd have to kill you.
...okay, that narrows it down to just CIA, FBI, NASA, Politics, or Bush's Baked Beans.

...tell old 'red' retriever, "Hi," for me (wink,wink)
Old 11-03-2010, 03:25 AM   #405 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Civic - '98 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 41.44 mpg (US)
I currently work in customer service...but some day...I hope to have my own company designing custom speakers built to order for arenas, churches, auditoriums and such.

I would like to use the model that Toms shoes uses and for every set of speakers I sell...give a way a set to a church that can't afford them...here in the US and through out the world.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #406 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Rogue - '09 Nissan Rogue SL
I currently work in IT, however my previous career was Avionics. Have always been interested in electronics and dabble regularly with projects. Like tinkering with cars, but have no formal education in auto mechanics.

I'm interested in all sorts of alternative power, however I'm keen on starting a major EV project within the next 12 months if I can find the money for it.. will have to do it in stages.

Cheers!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #407 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Worked F-16 avionics, earned a BSEE, went through Naval Nuclear Power School, served on board a submarine and several surface ships, and transitioned into IT.

Started wrenching on cars beginning with my first car - I got it for free, but I had to replace the tranny, fuel pump, and timing chain on it before it would run. Did some performance mods on several cars, and came to the realization that performance and fuel economy could go hand-in-hand if done correctly.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #408 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Crusin through...

Retired AeroSpace, but not sedant. I write about electrical wiring for residential systems and self publish. Currently Chapter 19 is on EV Charger cabling interface and Deep well submersible domestic supply systems. I am a closet coaster and have squeezed some good miles out of a 91 Honda CX. Thanks for reading. AmpSnack.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #409 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Network Tech for a large incumbant telco in western Canada.

Started converting a '95 Metro to 72 volt DC for my 4 mile round trip to work. I will have to winterize the car to deal with the cold months of winter, but thanks to many good folks, like the ones here, I am quite sure I will be able to meet the task.

My current driver is '94 STS. No mileage concern$ here!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #410 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,603 Posts
The 72v Metro club gains another member (says the envious 48v club member). Hope you're planning to start a build thread.

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
haarlem, http://www.ugg-mall.com, lightyear