Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2018, 11:19 PM   #141 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
It's all one species, eager to please like Al Capp's Schmoon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shmoo

The nutraceutical varietals must be environmentally isolated and gender segregated. Anything growing in open air will revert to ditchweed.

Again, your looking for a botanical solution to a legal problem.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-31-2018, 08:12 AM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Three wheel, compact, but poor aerodynamics and not really for tall people.

A problem need to be solved by the easiest way, and in this case politics it's the difficult way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
It's all one species, eager to please like Al Capp's Schmoon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shmoo

The nutraceutical varietals must be environmentally isolated and gender segregated. Anything growing in open air will revert to ditchweed.

Again, your looking for a botanical solution to a legal problem.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:15 AM   #143 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I still believe a solution would be a genetic altered hemp to keep TCH even lower than 0,3% or even zero, and also change something, color, flower color, that would make it easy to distinguish by cops and other oficers.
I don't know what's gonna be the way to deal with it, if industrial hemp ever becomes legal here. But anyway, I wonder if there would be any trouble if one buys some hemp-based fabric from abroad. Not sure if the police search dogs or the Customs would notice anything at all...

But anyway, since it's better be safe than sorry, I'd stick with something more traditional.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:36 AM   #144 (permalink)
Banned

Is it ilegal to buy even the finished processed fabric sheets ??
Chemical treatments to separate fibers probably destroys even the already very low THC amounts.
Some canhamo (industrial hemp) fabric are sold as embroidery accessory.

Anyway I don't believe it would be cheaper than use fiberglass, despite fiberglass be weaker.

Edited : If it's ilegasl my mother is in trouble. She have a large sheet of canhamo fabric (not sure if pure or mixed with cotton fibers) she used to embroidery arts.

On ALibaba it's not expensive. 1 to 1.7 dolar a meter. https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...746418a8p6OE3Y

But epoxi resin it's still quite expensive. For other side the strong canhamo fibers would allow to build a shell quite more thin than fiberglass, reducing the required amount of epoxi resin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I don't know what's gonna be the way to deal with it, if industrial hemp ever becomes legal here. But anyway, I wonder if there would be any trouble if one buys some hemp-based fabric from abroad. Not sure if the police search dogs or the Customs would notice anything at all...

But anyway, since it's better be safe than sorry, I'd stick with something more traditional.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-31-2018 at 10:49 AM..
Old 03-31-2018, 11:12 AM   #145 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
USA industrial hemp

Quote:
I guess he would have a hard time trying to get an industrial hemp supplier, plus bamboo is easily available here in Brazil.
In 1998,we used hemp fiber in an advanced composite course in Reno,Nevada.We did not use woven materials like cloth,mat,or tapes though,only random,loose fibers,for plastic-faced splash molds.
You could look up ABARIS ,and contact them to see if commercial hemp fabrics are available.I know that you can buy hemp apparel in the USA.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #146 (permalink)
Banned

They said it's 10 times stronger than steel. For composities the strong characteristic it's the resistance of the fiber for tension, like in a piano string.

I want to see a proof that industrial hemp in composite material it's really near carbon fiber resistance.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-31-2018 at 11:35 AM..
Old 03-31-2018, 12:10 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

I found that on Brazil a company called Sediņa have partnership (or sort of it) with China's producers of Industrial Hemp (canhamo). Maybe they have good prices for canhamo fabric sheets.

The owner of Sediņa have a project to legalize the use of canhamo textile on Brazil. But our politician are paid by large industrial, who finance campaing, and the agrotoxic industry (reuqired a lot for cotton and few for industrial hemp) probably have many politicians in their pockets.

But I still want better data about resistance tests for hemp composite materials.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:26 PM   #148 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Quote:
...better data about resistance tests for hemp composite materials.
I wonder about mixing hemp and basalt fibers to increase abrasion resistance. I'm sure the Book of Leviticus would frown on it.

Also, you have the power to delete those posts. When you click Edit and click Delete the window pops down with a checkbox, that if you don't check it when you click Delete this message no deletion takes place.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:37 PM   #149 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Is it ilegal to buy even the finished processed fabric sheets ??
Probably not, since it's obviously not meant to be smoked, but I'd still be quite cautious about it.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:16 PM   #150 (permalink)
Banned

All the chemical&boyling process, to make separate the fibers from the plant and to create the fabric, probably eliminates all remains of THC from it.
There is no logic problem for a product that enter in the country already as a fabric sheet, unles authorities are stupid.
Anyway stupidity it's a trademark of Brazil.

Quote:
Probably not, since it's obviously not meant to be smoked, but I'd still be quite cautious about it.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-31-2018 at 09:26 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread