Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2018, 06:40 PM   #151 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
All the chemical&boyling process, to make separate the fibers from the plant and to create the fabric, probably eliminates all remains of THC from it.
IIRC heating potentializes the effects of THC. No wonder some potheads use weed as an ingredient for pastries and as a flavor adder for that "ghee" clarified butter. As I said previously, I'm not sure to which extent there would be a significant amount of THC in the stem of the hemp plant or if it's mostly concentrated in the flowers and the wax around the leaf.

Quote:
There is no logic problem for a product that enter in the country already as a fabric sheet, unles authorities are stupid.
Would you doubt autorities might be stupid enough? But anyway, I'd like to see how search dogs would react to that, just to prevent any later undesirable consequence.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-01-2018, 07:38 PM   #152 (permalink)
Banned

I presume that in the manufacture of fabric sheet it's not just the heat. The heat and countless washing in boiling water. If probably washs out even more remains of TCH of the already nearly THC free cânhamo.

The amount of water used to manufature a single shirt of cotton, for example (not the water to grow the plant) it's measured in tons (1000liters).
Old 04-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #153 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
I presume that in the manufacture of fabric sheet it's not just the heat. The heat and countless washing in boiling water. If probably washs out even more remains of TCH of the already nearly THC free cânhamo.

The amount of water used to manufature a single shirt of cotton, for example (not the water to grow the plant) it's measured in tons (1000liters).
That makes some sense. I'd just like to see how much of the THC goes fom the fibers and dillute itself into the water, and how to treat it. Eventually using it as a feedstock for that canabidiol-based medicines?
Old 04-02-2018, 01:37 AM   #154 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,594 Times in 7,077 Posts
You guys amuse me. I'm sorry. I was in your position myself not that long ago. I watched people who just wanted hemp particle board driven out of the country (Bill Condé to Belize) for their effort.

That was two decades ago, I wonder how he's doing today.

Basalt rocks.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:39 AM   #155 (permalink)
Banned

Well, today there is China, which is no longer buying toothbrush from USA, but selling solar panels to them.

China it's the worldwide leader of industrial hemp production for textiles.

Politicians will just make politic, instead of solve things.
So the easiest to solve the problem of product it on USA or Brazil it's to use genetic modification, creating a hemp variety free of THC and easy to distinguish from hemp varieties with high TCH level used by drug deallers.

Wasn't the USA government who created the hemps with even higher TCH levels than the ones from 60's???
If they can create garbage to f...up people, they could create something good for the vehicle industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
You guys amuse me. I'm sorry. I was in your position myself not that long ago. I watched people who just wanted hemp particle board driven out of the country (Bill Condé to Belize) for their effort.

That was two decades ago, I wonder how he's doing today.

Basalt rocks.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-02-2018 at 07:59 AM..
Old 04-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #156 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Once again, off-topic for an Aerodynamics thread. That said...
Quote:
Wasn't the USA government who created the hemps with even higher TCH levels than the ones from 60's???
Hippy botanists.
Quote:
If they can create garbage to f...up people, they could create something good for the vehicle industry.
Where do you get the authority to say this?

Old 04-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #157 (permalink)
Banned

It was a suposition. No intention be too hard on anyone.
If genetic selection could create high levels, it's plausible they can also sellect, bread, changes genes, aiming to a variety free (or virtualy free) of THC.

But I'm against drugs, specially if the drug travels on air to reach outher people, or if are aquired by making deal with dangerous criminals, or if leads to problems about babies development during pregnancy.

Quote:
Once again, off-topic for an Aerodynamics thread. That said...

Hippy botanists.

Where do you get the authority to say this?

Last edited by All Darc; 04-02-2018 at 03:14 PM..
Old 04-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #158 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Speaking of off-topic:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...herry+pop+s3rl

Old 04-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #159 (permalink)
Banned

Come-on man... we need solutions for easy way to create shells to built aerodynamic shapes...

Your advices and knowledge are welcome.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #160 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
Don't trust anything your History teacher told you.

Now back on topic: now I wonder if it would be cost-effective to also develop the plastic resins out of hemp seed oil. IIRC Henry Ford has experienced with soy-based fibers and plastics and also tried hemp. But if you ultimately get to make a hemp-based car, beware of the potheads willing to smoke it

Reply  Post New Thread