Update: I sold this car to my co-worker. I might still post in here if I end up helping her add new mods to the car in the future, since I still see the car every day. The picture above is the car at its best, in the fall of 2016. And continuing below is the original beginning of this post...
So this will be the thread for my silver 2001 manual. I bought it in the fall of 2015 at about 209k kilometers. LMPG at purchase read 4.4 l/100km, but for the first few months I struggled to keep it in the 4's. Most tanks were 4.9 or 5 according to the display.
Anyway, since buying I've done the following fuel-economy related mods:
- Civic VX Rims
- Aluminum front underbelly panel
- Coroplast + aluminum rear underbelly panels
- Cardboard radiator block in cold weather
- Car came with window tint (helps reduce need for AC)
- Some LEDs (brakes, reverse, and driving lights)
- Engine thermometer (WIP)
- Some kind of adjustable grill block
- More LEDs
Completed Maintenance Affecting MPG:
- EGR plate and valve cleaned out
- New indexed spark plugs
- New sticks for IMA (WIP)
That's my rear underbelly paneling. I'll post more pics here as I do more of the car.