Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #301 (permalink)
The PRC.

Smile of my day, I went to be a lumberjack - well kind of. My house backs onto a wood and some trees are getting a little like they are going to collapse onto my garden, so I went out with a saw.

No I can't burn it, I have gas heating and electric cooking - but at least my shed is safe.

Also planted 200 bulbs of daffodils and crocus for the spring. Now to shutter up for winter here in Caledonia.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #302 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
No I can't burn it, I have gas heating and electric cooking - but at least my shed is safe..
There's always people who'd welcome some wood to burn

Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #303 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
There's always people who'd welcome some wood to burn
Looked out the windoe this morning and watched someone else removing it - so yeah. Funny, don't know of any houses here with log burning facilities - they are all 1950s-1970s semis and detached with piped gas central heating.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #304 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thinking of cars/motorcycles helps me during my workouts.
One exercise I do 100 reps of at about 15 seconds each. To keep boredom away, I visualize different vehicles as I go along.

1-13 not bored yet, not too much into that early of a ride.
Then we get up to Stutzbearcat, Indy cars of the mid 20's that I have seen , 23 T bucket roadsters, etc...

The '30's are primarily Ford's in my mind.
The 40's are Ford, Willy's, Army Jeeps, and more Ford's, finally Hudson's.

The 50's are mostly GM, Chevrolet a lot, a couple t-birds.

The 60's explodes with ALL cars domestic/foreign... E types, James Bond rides,

The 70's start w the muscle/pony cars, mid 70's Yamaha RD350, late 70's muscle bikes,
'79 Celica (looks like a baby '69 Mustang)
The 80's start w the 928, BMW M1, the 1st CRX in '84, last original Ford Fiesta in '80,
all the VW diesels which adapt well to veggie oil, my Honda Silverwing 650 (673) of '83,
to the 1st Geo Metros, and the last Chevy Sprints (the cars, not the GM El Camino)

The early 90's are full force Geo Metro's, 2nd gen. MR2, and as we get up to 2000 which is end of my 100 I select the Honda Insight.

Of course other memories could be road trips, places you used to live, women you went out with......... many possibilities!!!!
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
Old 11-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #305 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Getting a green on 6-7 consecutive lights.
Doesn't happen often in Warsaw. It's weird that it's soooo hard to program a green wave, yet red waves are so common.

Next smile: American elections are over, finally our media can start talking about more important stuff again

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #306 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Next smile: American elections are over, finally our media can start talking about more important stuff again
Agreed - now if only they would...
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #307 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Heh. The rest of the planet is just happy because with no changes in the White House, nobody has to worry about who we're going to bomb next: if we're not bombing you now, we probably won't be doing it come January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 11-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #308 (permalink)
The PRC.

Just feel the joy of the free c-plast man, the world will be fine
Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #309 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

This is both a smile and an annoyance: So I'm out riding the horse the other day - the one that kicked through a metal stable wall a couple of years ago, just about cutting her foot off, so the vet said she'd probably never walk normally again. It's a nice brisk fall day, sunny & a bit of a breeze, with the aspens &c just finishing their color. She's all full of energy, and there's a nice level stretch of trail ahead, so let's trot. Ok, how about canter? Yeah, she likes that, so why not gallop? Whee!

So that's the smile. Now the annoyance: we're on the last level strech before home, just walking to cool down, and my companion says "What's that critter up ahead? Is it a bobcat? No, looks like a mountain lion!" (Which you don't see all that often, even around here.) So I reach in the belt pouch for my camera, get it out, and just as I touch the on switch I see furry cat butt and long tail running off through the bushes :-(
Old 11-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #310 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
This is both a smile and an annoyance: So I'm out riding the horse the other day - the one that kicked through a metal stable wall a couple of years ago, just about cutting her foot off, so the vet said she'd probably never walk normally again. It's a nice brisk fall day, sunny & a bit of a breeze, with the aspens &c just finishing their color. She's all full of energy, and there's a nice level stretch of trail ahead, so let's trot. Ok, how about canter? Yeah, she likes that, so why not gallop? Whee!

So that's the smile. Now the annoyance: we're on the last level strech before home, just walking to cool down, and my companion says "What's that critter up ahead? Is it a bobcat? No, looks like a mountain lion!" (Which you don't see all that often, even around here.) So I reach in the belt pouch for my camera, get it out, and just as I touch the on switch I see furry cat butt and long tail running off through the bushes :-(
Nice story - I would count both as a smile and it a good day