Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2015, 08:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ok think I figured that out, lets try it here

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
PS PS - Mods - could someone edit the thread title to include a warning about loads of pics please.
Actually, this thread took a while to load.

I just do not understand why people quote long messages (even if just text) only to give a short response. I often just write their name and respond.

When I resize, I started making them 590 pixels wide; Ecomodder resizes to that width, at least on my machine.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
isetta -- No worries.

If you use the IMG tag (the landscape with the yellow sky) the image will display directly. If you use the Attachment tool (in Advanced, with a paperclip icon) then you get a thumbnail in a box at the bottom of the post.

Attachment uploads directly from your hard drive, Image can link to an Album, an upload site (like Imgur) or hotlink from anywhere on the Web. I don't use Attachment. Some prefer it because it makes the image a permanent part of the website. I just assume I may want to re-use it and put it in an album. If you click on my user name you will see that I have 11 albums of various things.

If you hot-link to another website, I think it's good manners to Insert Link and add Italic, like so:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/member-freebeard-albums-art+cars-picture5786-130150.jpg

I'm not seeing anything in your latest post. There is a way to see other people's code but I don't know what it is. You can click Preview Post (repeatedly) until you are satisfied you've got it right. I've done that twice for this post. After posting you can Edit for five minutes and no-one will know. Now I've had to do that, too.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

If I move pictures from one album to another to reorganize, does it break the links that I have posted?

I'd like to create a new album for trailers.

Also, I have at least one picture that is album-ized three times. Can I tell how many times each one has been referenced?

TIA
Old 10-17-2015, 06:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
BeginnerModder

If I get 5 posts can I share my pictures? (Does this count as one of the 5? )
Old 03-06-2016, 06:26 AM   #36 (permalink)
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Can I get some suggestions of hosting sites for my photos?
I need a host to which I can upload my iPhone photos.

I just want something with good ability to organize the photos, where later, I can grab the link so I can post photos on EM discussion threads or elsewhere. Some ability to edit photos up in the cloud might be nice but I'm not looking for a Photoshop grade cloud tool.

I used to use Photobucket (PB). No more. The PB app in my phone insists on uploading every photo I have to PB - and it becomes impossible to manage the photos or even delete them in bulk from Photobucket once they are there.

Thanks!

Old 07-18-2016, 02:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Okay this is weird. I'm crude with picture taking and resizing starting from a camera, but once I learned how to resize in "paint" and resized my pixels to 800X600, I've never before had an issue until now. My pictures are jpg; and even though I keep resizing down even lower (I went down to 400X300), it still shows my pic's at 173ish kb with a maximum of 146 allowed, and resizing even further down did not lower my kb. I don't know how to change to another format if it's jpg that's my problem. Heck I barely know how to save them to my computer, resize them, and upload them with a post. A lot of the info above is way over my head.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:41 AM   #38 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

While I'm waiting for a reply to my question about reorganizing albums...

Are you trying to attach pictures or add them to albums? Are they hosted elsewhere? What reports the 173kb size, the forum? Your OS? The resizing application? Do those others agree?

JPEG itself probably isn't the problem, it's pretty compact. It does offer different levels of compression; at higher levels you get those 'jaggies'.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:48 AM   #39 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
While I'm waiting for a reply to my question about reorganizing albums...

Are you trying to attach pictures or add them to albums? Are they hosted elsewhere? What reports the 173kb size, the forum? Your OS? The resizing application? Do those others agree?

JPEG itself probably isn't the problem, it's pretty compact. It does offer different levels of compression; at higher levels you get those 'jaggies'.
I know you're trying to help and thanks; but you lost me with a lot of vocabulary I've never read before, e.g. "hosting"?, "jaggies"?, "levels of compression" (sort of understand, but don't know how to change the compression)?, "does those others agree" (do you mean my other pictures; if not, I don't know what "those others" mean).

I've learned just barely enough to post pictures on other forums. It's always worked elsewhere with the same program and the same camera, but I do now, unfortunately have Windows 10, which makes me totally lost instead of just mostly lost trying to manage things. I followed some instructions in the past from another forum and learned how to resize my jpeg photos; looked at the paint options and tools, but couldn't figure out how to change anything but the size in so far as reducing the KB.

Since I couldn't remember the exact rejection message, I went in and tried to upload them again to a bogus post. This time one of them uploaded. The message from the other two were as follows: "Your file of 171.9 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 146.5 for this file type"; "...174.6 KB bytes..."

I'll try to answer the best I can understand. I'm trying to add pictures from my "picture library" on my Dell All-In-One computer. The pictures, which originally came from my camera, I saved them to my computer, resizing them and renaming them before saving from the paint program. I couldn't find the KB size on my computer for the pictures, because I was looking for that to see if I could adjust it.

That's all I know and understand. Thanks for replying.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #40 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I know you're trying to help and thanks; but you lost me with a lot of vocabulary I've never read before, e.g. "hosting"?, "jaggies"?, "levels of compression" (sort of understand, but don't know how to change the compression)?, "does those others agree" (do you mean my other pictures; if not, I don't know what "those others" mean).
Attachments and albums are your choices for placing the pictures within the forum. 'Hosting' is placing the pictures with a service like Imgur or Photobucket and hyperlinking them from there.

Jaggies and levels of compression are related to JPEG's algorithm. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG Mo' compression, mo' jaggies.

"does those others"? I would never say that. Others being the resizing application and OS. I won't be much help with "paint" or Windows 10, but your camera probably has some ability to record various file sizes, the application should report the beginning and final file sizes, and Windows should also report the size. In MacOS it would be Get Info or View by File Size.

https://www.google.com/search?q=resi...+in+windows+10

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Xist (07-20-2016)
Reply  Post New Thread