Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2019, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Jehovah witness annoying & "against prejudice".

Today I got jehovah witness on my door, again, two men, and this time inviting to a biblical events that would have worldwide date.

This time I was even more patient and more gentle than past times, far more than what they deserve, and I listened their bull s... talking about Bible, as they always do, as they think all other people have to agree with their little book.

A pamphlet he gave me was quite funny since it said that was about love and against prejudice. Against prejudice??? It's almost if nazism party said to be against anti-semitism.

The funny thing is that while I listened to the first man talking, a neer old man very calm with "old man glasses", and he speaking about biblical reference in the event for love and against prejudice, the second man wasn't even looking at me, but prefered look to the ground or to the sides, with a not so friendly face.
I told you in this forum I use long hair, but not gay neither trans, so I supose the religious man who was avoint make any facial contact with me probably believed long male hair it's "against God", against masculinity, despite the panflet mention be against prejudice and despite Moses and other biblical figures ilustrations had long hair.

Funny... Evangelic saying who don't believe in Christ will burn in hell, and Jehovah witnesses who believe that christians will burn in hell for accepth a fake messiah...
And I think if Christ (if existed) would be lynched today, acused of comunism, acused of be gay, drug user, trans or a bum.

And psychology thinks religions it's normal, and religion freaks like that can even become licensed professionals in this field. A lot of stupidity it's saw as normal if it'sa inside a religious context, but outside that they would say it's a mental illness.

I keep asking myself what type of prejudice these ignorant people was refering to in the pamphlet... Prejudice against religions, I bet. If someone is against their nonsense and against their prejudices, they will probable label the person of discrimination, acuse of prejudice against their faith.

I would like to invite a lot of them, catholic christians, evangelics, Jehova witness, mórmons, Jews, and islamics, to a party where they would preach one to each other.
Man... that would be funny... maybe even dangerous.

What the freaking laws would do if I door in the house of religious people and said they should accept science and archaeology and genetic proofs that turn down their bull s... ?
There are laws against religious discrimination. The law can even sue, at least in my freak retard country, if someone kick a religious statue in a video in his own house.

Where is the law to protect atheists?

Last edited by All Darc; 08-02-2019 at 11:04 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Well, you could have asked those questions rather than assume they were prejudiced against your hair.

I always talk to them as long as they want to talk, and I pay them the same respect they pay me by learning their names. It might be annoying, but at least they intend good. After all, there's nothing in it for them (unless there's some sort of quota for being among the 200k going to heaven).

I don't know about laws in Brazil, but in the US they apply evenly to theists and atheists.

I have a lot of respect for agnostics, but I never could understand atheists. Where does the motivation to convince people in nothing come from? Why antagonize people that believe in something? The dumbest argument in the world is that "nothing matters" and that's the "most important thing".

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Xist (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Redneck Ecomodder

Redpoint, it's 144k, not 200k (no I'm not JH, just poking fun.)

For what it's worth, nowhere in the bible are Moses or Jesus described as having long hair, that's a recent invention, and I'm not too sure where it came from or why. The only biblical man that is noted to have had long hair is actually Samson, as part of his Nazarite vow, but that is a unique situation.

As far as your hair, I'm in the camp of do what you want, as long as it doesn't hurt me. If you want to follow scripture, great, if not, I'm not going to try to stop you.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

It sounds like you are against long hair but thinks it's my right to use. Did I got right ?

I bet people very against long hair are afraid to have or feel sexual desire for other men. As revenge they acuse others of be gay.

Follow scriptures... Is nothing wrong in following that? Are you sure? If we would follow the scriptures we would have to kill a lot of people, and yes, I must be against such thing, and any reasonable people must be agaisnt such insanity.

So much different cultures in the world and religion people trying to make their own as a absolute. If nazism was a religion people would ask for respect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneajanderson View Post
Redpoint, it's 144k, not 200k (no I'm not JH, just poking fun.)

For what it's worth, nowhere in the bible are Moses or Jesus described as having long hair, that's a recent invention, and I'm not too sure where it came from or why. The only biblical man that is noted to have had long hair is actually Samson, as part of his Nazarite vow, but that is a unique situation.

As far as your hair, I'm in the camp of do what you want, as long as it doesn't hurt me. If you want to follow scripture, great, if not, I'm not going to try to stop you.

Last edited by All Darc; 08-02-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Old 08-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

We must be against the deny of proof, deny of true very proven scientific fates.
Intented good??? really?? Don't be so sure...

The hell it's full of good intentions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Well, you could have asked those questions rather than assume they were prejudiced against your hair.

I always talk to them as long as they want to talk, and I pay them the same respect they pay me by learning their names. It might be annoying, but at least they intend good. After all, there's nothing in it for them (unless there's some sort of quota for being among the 200k going to heaven).

I don't know about laws in Brazil, but in the US they apply evenly to theists and atheists.

I have a lot of respect for agnostics, but I never could understand atheists. Where does the motivation to convince people in nothing come from? Why antagonize people that believe in something? The dumbest argument in the world is that "nothing matters" and that's the "most important thing".
Old 08-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

There are atheistic religions. Just look at the North Koreans. The problem never was with "religion", as that's basically a way of thinking of core values. In that regard, everyone is religious, as they have a hierarchy of value. Doesn't really matter to me if you call your hierarchy of value by a particular name, or insist it be nameless. What matters is what those values are, and how behavior will affect others in adhering to those values.

So to your point, I guess it depends on which scriptures you're referring to. There's lots of them, and they all have a rich history in which the context applies.

Long-haired men are associated with a tendency towards being a primadonna. I've got nothing against long hair on a man, but primadonna's are tough to get along with. Probably why people didn't tolerate Jesus.

Xist (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

You are pushing from definitions instead of stay in the factual ways.

Comunism was very "religious", the key point is that they just forbade the usual religions and impose their own "religion" their god", the dictator. The dictator it's a God on Earth, making whatever he wishes against whoever he wishes.

I like when you said what matter are the quality of the values. But if values are just passed without a very critical thinking of why be that way, the value can lost power, became easily contested. The way of find out the reason of a value it's the important thing.
If you took values just because people say yes, or "because yes", or because "God" said, it's not much different than people who get a bad values just because a "god" say because yes.

But about the people in this city I live... Trust me... I know hw mediocre, blind, stupid incoherent they are. Even people with study...

Quote:
There are atheistic religions. Just look at the North Koreans. The problem never was with "religion", as that's basically a way of thinking of core values. In that regard, everyone is religious, as they have a hierarchy of value. Doesn't really matter to me if you call your hierarchy of value by a particular name, or insist it be nameless. What matters is what those values are, and how behavior will affect others in adhering to those values.

So to your point, I guess it depends on which scriptures you're referring to. There's lots of them, and they all have a rich history in which the context applies. Even people with study...

Long-haired men are associated with a tendency towards being a primadonna. I've got nothing against long hair on a man, but primadonna's are tough to get along with. Probably why people didn't tolerate Jesus.

Last edited by All Darc; 08-02-2019 at 12:27 PM..
Old 08-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

I'm not pushing the definition really at all. Here's one of the definitions:

"a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance"
or
"a particular system of faith and worship"

Worship is deep respect and devotion to something.

What I'm saying is that religion isn't something some people have, and others don't. It's absolutely fundamental to all of humanity. Heck, our secular culture is full of ritual. Why do we clap after a song is performed? Why do we shake hands when greeting people?

It would be funny if atheists went door to door preaching the importance of not believing in anything in particular. I'd still let them in for a discussion.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

It's the ape instint to follow the alpha male. Or even the wolf instint to follow the leader wolf. For me this need it's a bunch of monkey business.
That's why all God have power and destroy... they need be respevted by that, since humans are quite talking apes who respect fear.

Religions in general put a begin and a silly end on everything. That's believe in alm ost nothing, since the universe scale is vastly superior in time and dimention. It put the stupid human civilization above of all.

Atheims it's not a bunch of values (atheist get values from other things) but by definition just the deny of supernatural holly figures. Good atheist (there are horrible ones too) can believe in a lot of things. Sorry but you sounded very arrogant stating atheists believe in nothing, like if everthing besides religion/holly figures was worth of believe.

Quote:
I'm not pushing the definition really at all. Here's one of the definitions:

"a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance"
or
"a particular system of faith and worship"

Worship is deep respect and devotion to something.

What I'm saying is that religion isn't something some people have, and others don't. It's absolutely fundamental to all of humanity. Heck, our secular culture is full of ritual. Why do we clap after a song is performed? Why do we shake hands when greeting people?

It would be funny if atheists went door to door preaching the importance of not believing in anything in particular. I'd still let them in for a discussion.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

If it sounds like I'm saying atheism is the weakest position, then you have interpreted my comments correctly. I'd say agnostic is perhaps the strongest (it falls in the middle of the extremes of atheism and theism).

I don't think religion puts a beginning and end on things; it's merely an observable phenomena of the universe, that things begin and then they end. Religion then has a hierarchy of value keeping in mind that things have a beginning and end, and based on those values, meaning and purpose is derived. Even the atheists act as though there is good and bad (heaven and hell), purpose, and meaning.

I understand why some people would not believe in deity(s). What isn't clear is why that non-belief needs to be emphasized. I don't believe in the Easter bunny, but it's not important to me to identify as an "atheaster", or to belittle those who do believe in the Easter bunny.

I don't believe "organic (whatever that means)" and local farming is more efficient and healthy than big commercial farming. There's plenty of people that do though, and I've got no problem with that, as long as those people aren't telling me to eat organic or die. I'm happy to hear evidence or the origins of why they believe organic is better.

I don't find Jehovah's Witnesses any more annoying or ridiculous than vegans, but I like them just the same.

Xist (08-02-2019)
Reply  Post New Thread