Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #7051 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I"ll look at that when I can. I was recently robbed (at gunpoint! yay!) and they stole my work laptop and car, and the laptop had a year worth of work on it, so I'm trying my best to replace things as fast as possible so I don't become a liability to my company.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #7052 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I"ll look at that when I can. I was recently robbed (at gunpoint! yay!) and they stole my work laptop and car, and the laptop had a year worth of work on it, so I'm trying my best to replace things as fast as possible so I don't become a liability to my company.
Yikes! not good.

I'm thinking that I may not care in the short term. Use more IRFP4668 MOSFETs instead of the flyback diodes and let the MOSFET body-diode act as the flyback. The IRFP4668 diodes seems to be much slower than the STTH6002C not sure what impact that would have.

I found this really strange PI algorithm to copy for the field control...

If that works I can get rid of the current crappy controller and have some forward performance.

Regen looks as though it's going to be time consuming. Not so much excessively complex as lots of details and parameter tweaking. (And I get to work on it in small stages months apart by which time I've forgotten the little I knew).
Old 05-07-2015, 11:01 PM   #7053 (permalink)
PaulH

I have much better code for the PI loop for Id and Iq for the AC controller. There's even a secret extra step that I made up myself that automatically takes care of field weakening. It's not very secrety though. You can find the PI loop code here, starting on line 501:
https://github.com/MPaulHolmes/ACInd...onController.c

EDIT: Oops, you said field control, not field oriented control.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 05-07-2015 at 11:35 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #7054 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Well ! Sorry to hear about the "stickup" -- I clone all my drives and keep them separate. I keep all my data on one drive that is cloned so if I move to another operating system it is there... what a headache for you !! Of course you being YOU you do have a tracking device under the hood connected to the antenna right? ( I do)--- BUT the best thing is --- You are safe!!!
MPaulHolmes (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #7055 (permalink)
PaulH

I'm a hick that was raised in a little logging town. I never think bad things are going to happen. haha. Even when the guy ran up behind me, I sort of saw him out of the corner of my eye, but I just thought he wanted to ask me something. Even after seeing the gun I thought it might just be something he was carrying. But he was pointing it right at me, and telling me to give him all my stuff. It took a few seconds for it all to register! hahaha. I mean, I see people open carrying all the time at Walmart or at other stores in my town. So seeing a gun doesn't make me think I'm being robbed. LOL.

I am definitely going to back things up from now on though. Also, if I ever visit Houston again, I'll make sure I buy a bullet proof vest first, and then I can just tell the guy to shoot me, and if he shoots me in the chest, then I can be all, "I'm batman". Then he might run away (or shoot me in the face. haha)
Old 05-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #7056 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Yep I am a "hick" also raised in the northwoods -- but been around the block in my youth... here is one for you - carry an extra wallet put money in it but the rest are all pics of someone else - embossed cards that look like credit cards etc.. no real ID to filtch... hand it over and leave...
If you have time flip a hidden switch to render car useless -- I am paranoid (had a few close ones) you get the idea........
MPaulHolmes (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 02:52 PM   #7057 (permalink)
PaulH

That's a great idea!! Is it illegal to put a remote control bomb in your car? hahaha. JK NSA
Old 05-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #7058 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Also, if I ever visit Houston again, I'll make sure I buy a bullet proof vest first, and then I can just tell the guy to shoot me, and if he shoots me in the chest, then I can be all, "I'm batman". Then he might run away (or shoot me in the face. haha)
It is good that you have a sense of humor about it. I don't think I would take it as well.

Another suggestion for backing things up is to use a cloud service. If your internet connection is fast enough you can sign up with several different companies and you machine will automatically backup changes to a drive in the cloud. My son uses dropbox but I am sure there are others out there.

Of course then you have to worry that the cloud company doesn't go out of business or get hacked...
Old 05-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #7059 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
RTD Explorer and windows 7, or 8?

I'm trying to get an older build (that someone else started) of a Cougar controller running. The re-soldering is done, power up gives me a flashing yellow LED, and I'm trying to locate an XP computer that will run RTD Explorer and show me what's going on.

But a co-worker asked if I need to find an XP machine .. or will it run on Windows 7, or 8, or 8.1? .. so I'm asking!

One of the old computers at work installs RTD Explorer fine and runs ... but it's a desktop and it's not mine.

My oldest laptop running XP ... maybe SP2 .. gives an error that states that the program won't run. It's a bit weird. I'll get a screen capture and post unless someone can tell me what the minimum XP SP is.

The only other XP machine I have tells me that some sort of library must be installed and a path set to it ... so I've got the latest XP updates and will try installing them on that computer. If there are continued problems, I'll post pictures.

I'm sure I'm doing something simple that it's complaining about. It would be nice to have it running and get my car rolling
Old 05-22-2015, 07:36 PM   #7060 (permalink)
PaulH

I don't know, but you can just use realterm. By the way, I got my shop set up with the original AC motor that I had been using for testing, and I also got the controller that's identical to yours hooked up. I tested all the basic stuff, and I'll test out the PI loop tuning on it, and once I verified that it works, I'll send it to you. So, expect it this weekend. I'm sorry for all the delays.

thingstodo (05-23-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread