Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I snagged this from honda tech - Honda part # 30110-PA1-732 Size: 26.4x3.1mm

I got mine from a local store i believe. the dimensions are 1.25" o.d. .125 thick
autozone part #099-403

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Civic HX2 - '97 Honda Civic HX
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeodywhy View Post
I just replaced my seal with one from an autoparts store. I'll see if I can find the dimensions.
They don't carry the inner seal at any of my local auto part shops. Only the outer seal.

Tried contacting Honda and they don't carry the inner seal either.

JDM NOK INSHINO DISTRIBUTOR O-RING AND SEAL 2 PC. KIT FITS MOST ACURA HONDA | eBay

(Here's a picture of me in the process of scraping out the old one)
Old 10-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastypotato View Post
The one that I crashed originally came from California, but the one that I got at a junkyard came from Texas so this is where I get a little confused regarding the whole lean burn thing.

Since the whole rest of the car is from Texas except for the head, would that mean I still have lean burn? Passing smog was a HUGE pain. (I got 66 of 66 on hydrocarbons, my NOX passed just fine) and involved a new radiator fan, a can of seafoam, spark plugs and cables, and a total of four visits to the smog shop. I was on a first name basis with the guys there by the time that I passed. :x
Not sure if the head is different but I would guess not. You still have the CPU, exhaust, and O2 sensor from the Texas car, right?

When you get your Ultragauge. watch the rear O2 sensor. When it drops to 0.000 you should be in lean burn. I can feel a slight stumble or a slight surge when it enters LB or leaves it.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcane View Post
Not sure if the head is different but I would guess not. You still have the CPU, exhaust, and O2 sensor from the Texas car, right?

When you get your Ultragauge. watch the rear O2 sensor. When it drops to 0.000 you should be in lean burn. I can feel a slight stumble or a slight surge when it enters LB or leaves it.
Everything but the head is from Texas. So I guess I should! I'm pretty excited to get the ultragauge to be honest. I'm a nut when it comes to tracking numbers and such.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

This came in yesterday - can't wait to use it on the way to work.

So I'm supposed to watch Bank 2 for it to drop to zero? Even with the motor off and just the ignition to the ON position I'm getting a reading of around 1.2. I guess I'll see in 2 hours!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Sparky - '07 Toyota Prius Base

Voltage_kwh - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 151.04 mpg (US)

Voltage_gas - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 43.38 mpg (US)
I'm using the Torque app and my Droid (love it!) and yes, when the second O2 goes to 0 you are in lean burn. There is a very slight delay in the time I feel it go in and the time I can see it on my gauge. When I first start out the reading is like 1.3 (cold engine). Once it's warm it usually sits at .8 and then once the rpm's are above about 1800 and you are very light on the throttle for a few seconds, it should go into lean burn. If you drop below those rpms or have to climb a hill and LOD goes above 90 or so it will also come out. The frustrating part for me (and other HX drivers that I've talked to) is that the Lean Burn is not consistent on these cars and is much more restricted than the VX Lean Burn motors. Brucepick put me on to use a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil in each tank of gas and that seems to help quite a bit. Sometimes I still will not be able to get Lean Burn as described above and it will only work in a higher rpm range. I would really like to find someone that has the capability to either tweak or remove the restrictions for Lean Burn in the HX ECU. Not trying to Lean Burn all the time, just want it to be more like the VX. Good luck!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Got pissed off at the fact that every single time I'd get off the freeway I could smell oil so I ended up just buying a whole new distributor.

I got the timing wrong when putting it back together though and I had a tractor Civic.

All's good now though!

Also, since I've done a couple tanks with my Ultra-Gauge I have gotten my best tank yet - 40.534MPG. However, I still feel as though I should get more out of it.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Have you changed your driving habbits at all? See this for some tips -> 100+ Hypermiling / ecodriving tips & tactics for better mpg - EcoModder.com

Also welcome to ecomodder .

What I did for my corolla was find what MPH gave me the best MPG, and targeted to keep as close to that speed as I can (45mph). Some areo mods would throw you over 45mpg I bet.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
Have you changed your driving habbits at all? See this for some tips -> 100+ Hypermiling / ecodriving tips & tactics for better mpg - EcoModder.com

Also welcome to ecomodder .

What I did for my corolla was find what MPH gave me the best MPG, and targeted to keep as close to that speed as I can (45mph). Some areo mods would throw you over 45mpg I bet.
I've changed my driving style but it's a little difficult to do with the elevation changes that I do every single day. I suppose one thing that I could ask is when going up a hill is it better to stay in top gear and give it more gas or down shift and hold whatever speed you entered the hill? I usually will gradually speed up to around 75-80MPH right before the base of the hill, ride it up until I have dropped to about 60MPH and then will downshift to fourth gear.

I've also been playing around with the whole Lean-Burn mode. The car doesn't really want to go into it when I get off work (11PM) and will take about 20 miles of driving before I can get it to engage. However when I leave FOR work at 1:45PM as soon as I hop on the freeway it'll engage. Maybe I'll give that Marvel Mystery Oil a shot?

I also recently replaced the power steering pump because the old one was making not so nice noises in the cold weather.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Adventurist!

CLaero - '97 Acura CL Premium
90 day: 34.59 mpg (US)

CR-v - '03 Honda CR-V EX
Team Honda
90 day: 26.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastypotato View Post
I've also been playing around with the whole Lean-Burn mode. The car doesn't really want to go into it when I get off work (11PM) and will take about 20 miles of driving before I can get it to engage. However when I leave FOR work at 1:45PM as soon as I hop on the freeway it'll engage. Maybe I'll give that Marvel Mystery Oil a shot?
I think there's probably a couple of factors at play here: Ambient Air temp & Engine Temp

When your car has been sitting out all day, warming up with the weather (and even more so when the sun is out) you're engine will warm up to operating temp a lot sooner then it will when it's cooler out, and the sun has gone to rest.

Also, with the cooler evening air when you leave work, it will be denser, meaning it may be harder to hit the parameters to go into lean burn mode.

monitor your IAT's and Coolant temps relative to initial lean burn engagement to verify.

As for the MMO, give it a shot and report back to us!

Also see if you can compare it w/ MMO to the above stated, as well as general O2 readings across the board. If it drops the 02 readings throughout the range, then perhaps that will help with my faux lean-burn dilemma, too!

The Following User Says Thank You to nbleak21 For This Useful Post:
buck (10-31-2013)
Reply  Post New Thread