Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2021, 11:26 AM   #481 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
Libertarian

With them, there'd be no Homeland Security, police, fire departments, county hospitals, courts, jails, prisons, highways, roads, airports, ports, bridges, traffic signs, worker safety, environmental protections, national forests, national parks, forest service, small business administration, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Space Force, Coast Guard, Food and Drug Administration, Constitution, Rule of Law, 911, sidewalks, streetlights, public education, sewers, waste treatment, FBI, CIA, NSA, NRO, FEMA, DOT, EPA, NHTSA, Veterans Administration, VA Hospitals, no Arlington Cemetery, no protected historical sites, no Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, US Embassies, Army Intelligence, Naval Intelligence, Air Force Intelligence, Naval academy, West Point, Air Force Academy, military retirement system, US Army Corps of Engineers, reservoirs, dams, Security and Exchange Commission, Submarine Nuclear Umbrella, ICBMs, border control, mine safety, oilfield safety, refinery safety, meat packing plant safety,............................ no government at any level, and no public safety net at any level.
No left or right. Just nothing!
I volunteered with them for two years in Dallas, just to try and understand what Ayn Rand had spawned. I've read everything she wrote, and she wrote well. Although I consider her to be one of the most dangerous persons I've ever experienced from a distance.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-24-2021, 05:04 PM   #482 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Small-L libertarian is their word not mine. Capitalised as is Authoritarian.

Ayn Rand fell head over heels for a serial killer is all I know about her, maybe there was some movie.

How are you on Proudhon and Bitcoin? en.theanarchistlibrary.org: Five unexpected signs you may be an anarchist*

justacarguy.blogspot.com: The Pacific Coast Highway, 1915, an area near Seattle was a plank road. Made by car clubs, not the local, county, state or federal government
Quote:
It was the creation, not of government, but of a loose affiliation of auto clubs in Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. The group chose an official north-south route and placed signs along the way identifying it as the Pacific Highway. Outside of major cities, the road was rough and unpaved but navigable. Following is a photo taken in 1915 of the route's grand opening along a stretch of highway that was plank paved near Seattle.

You consider freedom to be the highest virtue

You practice genuine compassion

Your lifestyle is courage-based as opposed to fear-based

You pressure boundaries into becoming horizons

You are proactive and working diligently to undermine the powers-that-be

Old 11-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #483 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Government is mostly only useful in matters that affect the rights of individuals. It's not like we'd all stand around wondering how to make a road if the government didn't make it. That said, government is required if for instance, an interstate needs to go through someone's property.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 11-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #484 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I adhere to the first four points, maybe fall down on "You are proactive and working diligently to undermine the powers-that-be".

Old 11-24-2021, 07:32 PM   #485 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Your little, myopic anecdote seems to have no bearing on the history, or performance of publicly-owned utilities in the United States.
Maine and newmexico. You didn't even read the post. As usual.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:55 AM   #486 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
Homeland Security, police, fire departments, county hospitals, courts, jails, prisons, [highways, roads, airports, ports, bridges, traffic signs, worker safety, environmental protections,]

national forests, national parks, forest service, small business administration,

Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Space Force, Coast Guard, Food and Drug Administration,

Constitution, Rule of Law, 911

sidewalks, streetlights, public education, sewers, waste treatment,

FBI, CIA, NSA, NRO, FEMA, DOT, EPA, NHTSA Veterans Administration, VA Hospitals, no Arlington Cemetery,, no protected historical sites, no Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, [US Embassies, Army Intelligence, Naval Intelligence, Air Force Intelligence, Naval academy, West Point, Air Force Academy], military retirement system, US Army Corps of Engineers, reservoirs, dams, Security and Exchange Commission, Submarine Nuclear Umbrella, ICBMs, border control,

mine safety, oilfield safety, refinery safety, meat packing plant safety,

............................ no government at any level, and no public safety net at any level.
No left or right. Just nothing!
Trying to understand this textual wall. "All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state." - January 14, 2013. This famous line from Benito Mussolini

I broke it up but it looks like it could be sorted and resorted ad nasuem. It's not alphabetical, is it stream of consciousness? It ends in a dark place.

These three (no Arlington Cemetery, no protected historical sites, no Social Security) flagged by negation, preceding "no government at any level'. That sounds like nihilistic chaos.

How about Constitution, Rule of Law, border control. Consider minarchism and non-governmentqal organizations.
Quote:
Minarchism - RationalWiki
https://rationalwiki.org › wiki › Minarchism
Minarchism is a political philosophy advocating the reduction of government functions to a minimum scope, providing people with only bare-bones services such as law and security. It's considered a form of libertarianism, and since it finds some useful role for the state, it's incompatible with anarcho-capitalism (Unless, of course, you consider the Friedmanesque voucher a bridge between ...
Consider a phenomenon in Eugene-Springfield, Cahoots; in a country who's police stand down from riots and still get cancelled. In 1969 the Whitebird Clinic's Bummer Squad roamed the streets in one of those flat-nose Dodge minivans. Some time after I'd left they fell in with the Eugene police and renamed themselves Cahoots, and today they have big white Sprinter vans. The Eugene-Springfield police credit and give respect to Cahoots and Cahoots credits and respects the network of non-governmental organizations that exist locally.

Whitebird Clinic itself is legendary, right behind the Free Clinic in Haight-Ashbury, SF.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:00 PM   #487 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Proudhon and Bitcoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Small-L libertarian is their word not mine. Capitalised as is Authoritarian.

Ayn Rand fell head over heels for a serial killer is all I know about her, maybe there was some movie.

How are you on Proudhon and Bitcoin? en.theanarchistlibrary.org: Five unexpected signs you may be an anarchist*

justacarguy.blogspot.com: The Pacific Coast Highway, 1915, an area near Seattle was a plank road. Made by car clubs, not the local, county, state or federal government

You consider freedom to be the highest virtue

You practice genuine compassion

Your lifestyle is courage-based as opposed to fear-based

You pressure boundaries into becoming horizons

You are proactive and working diligently to undermine the powers-that-be
I don't personally know anything about either of them. And I will endeavor not to know anything about them until I die.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:17 PM   #488 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Maine and newmexico. You didn't even read the post. As usual.
I read the post in its entirety. Thanks. Your contribution, while welcomed, doesn't resonate with what entire books on the subject have presented, which represent the entire, documented history of publicly-owned, versus privately-owned industry.
The genesis of our modern challenges date to the client-patron form of government in the Roman Empire, which continues in the USA, under the due process clause of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution, of which corporations became 'persons' in 1888. We lost the republic and democracy right then and there.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:54 PM   #489 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

textual wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Trying to understand this textual wall. "All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state." - January 14, 2013. This famous line from Benito Mussolini

I broke it up but it looks like it could be sorted and resorted ad nasuem. It's not alphabetical, is it stream of consciousness? It ends in a dark place.

These three (no Arlington Cemetery, no protected historical sites, no Social Security) flagged by negation, preceding "no government at any level'. That sounds like nihilistic chaos.

How about Constitution, Rule of Law, border control. Consider minarchism and non-governmentqal organizations.

Consider a phenomenon in Eugene-Springfield, Cahoots; in a country who's police stand down from riots and still get cancelled. In 1969 the Whitebird Clinic's Bummer Squad roamed the streets in one of those flat-nose Dodge minivans. Some time after I'd left they fell in with the Eugene police and renamed themselves Cahoots, and today they have big white Sprinter vans. The Eugene-Springfield police credit and give respect to Cahoots and Cahoots credits and respects the network of non-governmental organizations that exist locally.

Whitebird Clinic itself is legendary, right behind the Free Clinic in Haight-Ashbury, SF.
* I was attempting, off the top of my head, to provide a partial list of things objectionable to that party. My experience with them was that, they weren't necessarily interested in any government at all. It's random. Typed on the fly.
* The list touches on services which are publicly funded.
* According to Adam Smith, the only reason a Howard Roark or John Galt would be able to sleep soundly at night, was because they knew that a BIG, POWERFUL government was watching their back, from the local constabulary, all the way on up to the Queen's navy, army, defense contractors, spies, treaties, alliances, back-channels, propaganda, state secrets,.............. everything you'll read about in The Art of War.
* Any 'Constitution' implies a government big enough to defend it.
* Rule of Law goes against capital, as it implies the authority to regulate, and especially commerce.
* Borders don't exist except for sovereigns, recognized by at least one nation, protected under international law.
* An ill-informed, under-informed, mislead, uneducated populace is problematic, not just for police departments. Remember, Thomas Jefferson spoke about an 'informed' public. Something problematic to capital.
* I don't have any experience with NGOs, just what I see on PBS. Doctors Without Borders, church-led organs attempting to feed the starving in war-torn countries, etc..
freebeard (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 03:10 PM   #490 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
don't personally know anything about either of them. And I will endeavor not to know anything about them until I die.
Whatever, but know this: The smallest denomiination of Bitcoin is the Satoshi. One Satoshi today is...
Quote:
1 satoshi in US dollars (USD) today | Online converter BTC ...
https://satoshi-converter.com › 1-satoshi-in-us-dollars
Today, now: 1 satoshi = 0.0005841528 (USD) US dollars +3.14 % for the last 7 days 1 Bitcoin = 58415 USD ... (100 millions Satoshi) 1 satoshi is 1/100000000 part of Bitcoin.
...= 0.0005841528 (USD) US dollars or .5841528 mil. So a single Bitcoin used to tokenize an Free and Open Source voting algorithm would create an immutable record for 584,152,800,000,000 votes cast.

Do check the maths.

Quote:
John Adams - Our Constitution was made only for a moral...
https://www.brainyquote.com › quotes › john_adams_391045
John Adams - Our Constitution was made only for a moral... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. John Adams. Government Constitution People Moral.

Last edited by freebeard; 11-30-2021 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: x100
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-30-2021)
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
climate change, cringe, lies, scam