Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
In an interview she said something like "I was training to go to the International Space Station, as one does..."

Who hasn't trained to go to the ISS?!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

The question is who would had paid for her voyage, if she hadn't quit. Each kg to put on space cost a small forture.
If she wasn't diposed to pay some millions by herself, who would pay?

The reason she quit the space travel it's also a mistery. My bet is that she would pay by herself but in the end decided that was too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
In an interview she said something like "I was training to go to the International Space Station, as one does..."

Who hasn't trained to go to the ISS?!
Old 03-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc
Well, where is uncle Jordan to put dow Metropolis, calling it a leftwing movie or comunist movie ???
Why would he do that. He'd be more likely to compare it to Pinnochio or the Book of Genesis.

Quote:
Or could Metropolis workers be compared to some chinese workers today?
Not just the Chinese? The message of the movie at it's core is that the heart must mediate between the hands and head. It's a timeless message.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
I'll make my own interpretation of the movie. Haven't seen it in probably 20 years. Now I've got it on Plex.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 03-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ELSE you can see the English audio version right here in this thread. Think what you will, that message is lifted/paraphrased directly from the final title card.

Someone should add a CGI fast'n furious road race scene between Tropfenwagens on those elevated freeways.

Quote:
Hey, I found Sarah Brightman (famous singer of original Phantom of The Opera musical) is a Star Trek fan
She's aged really well!

Whatever and whoever paid for the ride on the 'vomit comet' got their return in publicity. That may have been the full intent.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Or compare Pinocchio to The Book of Genesis. Why not? But Pinnochio it's not a scary movie/tale as The Genesis. Geppetto wasn't a freak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Why would he do that. He'd be more likely to compare it to Pinocchio or the Book of Genesis.
Yeah, it says basically that we must remamber each one are humans and humanism it's important to keep society united.
I did some comments to try to irk or dirupt people, since the dispute in this decade, lefwing X rightwing, maybe lead many people to forget to think with heart and reason combined.

But... had Metropolis predicted the moral decadence of contemporany society today, when we see scenes of Tje Gardens of Pleasure and Yoshiware parties ?
And would the idea of the robot Maria (created initially to replace/bring back Rotwang's old passion) today would be the start of replacement of true person for digital relations, pets, digital entertainment ?

I think Matrix was very wrong... Script follows the old silly thing of humans as good trying to fight evil machines, humans as heros, opressed. Someone should remake it changing everything. I would made it showing machines as neutrals in start, and humanity after destroy a lot of the world, but not entirelly, prefering to live by own decision in a simulated world of vanity and edonism, and the machines would not have all controll but would fight to manage convince or bring humans back to reality.

Quote:
Not just the Chinese? The message of the movie at it's core is that the heart must mediate between the hands and head. It's a timeless message.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

I got interested in Sara Brightman's work after many performances of her I have being saw last months on web.
She looks kind, sharming, beautifull, sensual, sweet and powerfull in singing translating such characteristic to the music. It's like something quite missing in women today.
Sarah Brightone... Sarah Brighteyes...

I agree she aged very well until a year ago, since someone (greed doctor) filled her too much or conduct her into excessive treatments. Not sure if it was just filler, or fat graft (intra cutaneous of own fat tissue to give volume to face) or even cheek implants too. She would be better withou these last procedures.

Quote:
She's aged really well!

Whatever and whoever paid for the ride on the 'vomit comet' got their return in publicity. That may have been the full intent.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I think Matrix was very wrong... Script follows the old silly thing of humans as good trying to fight evil machines, humans as heros, opressed. Someone should remake it changing everything. I would made it showing machines as neutrals in start, and humanity after destroy a lot of the world, but not entirelly, prefering to live by own decision in a simulated world of vanity and edonism, and the machines would not have all controll but would fight to manage convince or bring humans back to reality.
The script said nothing about who is right or wrong, or who is good and evil. If you felt those things, you've projected them onto what you were watching.

I'd say the movie was perfect and brought up endless amounts of philosophy. What's to say that choosing the red pill actually woke the person up to "reality"? Perhaps the red pill was another layer within the Matrix to prevent people from experiencing reality.

Did you actually watch the last movie to the end?

The problem with every conceivable philosophy being considered equally valid is that it isn't useful. What's to say that humans destroy the earth? There's no inherent definition of what destruction is vs improvement.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 03-06-2019, 10:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I agree she aged very well until a year ago
Never heard of her. That wasn't my point.
Quote:
The Phantom of the Opera (French: Le Fantôme de l'Opéra) is a novel by French writer Gaston Leroux.... The novel is partly inspired by historical events at the Paris Opera during the nineteenth century and an apocryphal tale concerning the use of a former ballet pupil's skeleton in Carl Maria von Weber's 1841 production of Der Freischütz.[2] It has been successfully adapted into various stage and film adaptations, most notable of which are the 1925 film depiction featuring Lon Chaney, and Andrew Lloyd Webber's 1986 musical.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_of_the_Paradise
Quote:
Phantom of the Paradise is a 1974 American musical rock opera horror comedy film written and directed by Brian De Palma, and scored by and starring Paul Williams.....
The story is a loosely adapted mixture of several classic European works....
Over the years, the film has received much more positive reviews and has become a cult film.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

I didn't watched much of the third. Just watched the entire first film.

I watched a resume of the animatrix series, and in this particular series the machines was the victms in the start. But this is not mentioned in the 3 films (unles I missed something).

I presume when neural interfaces became reality, a lot of people will prefer to live fake/virtual lifes instead of real lifes.

Today not just relationsships are eroded or altered, but also friendships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The script said nothing about who is right or wrong, or who is good and evil. If you felt those things, you've projected them onto what you were watching.

I'd say the movie was perfect and brought up endless amounts of philosophy. What's to say that choosing the red pill actually woke the person up to "reality"? Perhaps the red pill was another layer within the Matrix to prevent people from experiencing reality.

Did you actually watch the last movie to the end?

The problem with every conceivable philosophy being considered equally valid is that it isn't useful. What's to say that humans destroy the earth? There's no inherent definition of what destruction is vs improvement.

Reply  Post New Thread