Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2023, 12:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
I guess "nearly doubling" fuel-efficiency with a Diesel might not involve engine mods alone, maybe adjusting the nut behind the wheel would also play a major role on that, and I'm sure some minor aero mod may apply for road MPG improvements plus some decrease to the engine loads while idling may improve city MPG. Not knowing what is the car, or what fuel-guzzling features were built around the engine and in need of improvements, it might be impossible to figure out what can be done and how much would it cost.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-20-2023, 10:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,111 Times in 980 Posts
The lifted big tire heavy throttle 4wd guy down the street is in awe of the 20 mpg I get in my F250. So I guess doubling an badly inefficient setup shouldn't be that hard, but doubling my economy is a bit tougher. 40 is what the Golf is getting right now in the winter and it might fit in the bed of the 250. So if it would move the 250, swapping the 2liter in could increase economy.
Old 01-20-2023, 12:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,553 Posts
I'm not sure if it's allowed within OP's rules, but I got a PM and essentially how he explained it works is this:

1) Cut up a stack of notebook paper, then tape it back together in an alternating staircase.

2) Place it near the fuel tank for an hour, then walk away. Do not place it in the fuel tank.

3) Store it somewhere clean and dry. Your vehicle will remain treated until you seal up your device in some kind of airtight container, or until it gets dirty. You may treat multiple vehicles with this device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ecky For This Useful Post:
Dodge 1996 4x4 Dan (01-20-2023), freebeard (01-20-2023), Gasoline Fumes (01-20-2023), wdb (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 12:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
wdb
lurker's apprentice

PlainJane - '12 Toyota Tacoma Base 4WD Access Cab
90 day: 20.98 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
I'm not sure if it's allowed within OP's rules, but I got a PM and essentially how he explained it works is this:

1) Cut up a stack of notebook paper, then tape it back together in an alternating staircase.

2) Place it near the fuel tank for an hour, then walk away. Do not place it in the fuel tank.

3) Store it somewhere clean and dry. Your vehicle will remain treated until you seal up your device in some kind of airtight container, or until it gets dirty. You may treat multiple vehicles with this device.

I got the PM as well, apparently because I asked nicely. This is an accurate summary.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wdb For This Useful Post:
Caddylackn (01-27-2023), Gasoline Fumes (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 01:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
...essentially how he explained it works is this:
You must have read it more than once.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Ecky (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 04:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
The Unicorn Corral

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
freebeard (01-20-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 03:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

To be clear, this is not my modification... I found it and tried it.

The Bitcoin Blockchain Fuel Saver…
How to build your own fuel saver for diesel vehicles. (Not for lighter fuels like petrol but feel free to experiment.)

SUPPLIES
You will need at least 11 sheets of college ruled paper, scissors, tape and patience. The objective is to create four stacks of smaller rectangular pieces of paper. One hundred and fifty two pieces of paper for each block.

GENESIS BLOCK
Start by stacking 5 sheets of paper together and cut the third line from the bottom all the way across to get 5 strips, 3 lines wide. Then fold the top piece three times to get eight equal sections. Unfold the top piece and place back on the 4 other strips. Use the crease marks as your cut lines and begin cutting. Hold close to a table or something, as the pieces like to fly off while cutting. Repeat until you have completed cutting 4 strips (enough pieces to complete the first block). Then take out eight of those pieces and discard them(I usually don’t use the pieces with the holes in them.), in order to get 152 in your first block. Next cut enough length of tape to go around the block twice and then cut that piece into skinny strips, as you don’t want to cover much area over the block. Less tape covering the paper blocks is desirable.

NEXT STEP
Repeat the last step until you get 4 individual blocks of 152 pieces of paper completed and you’re ready for the next step. Which is taping the blocks together in an offset pattern (50/50), so it will look like a staircase when completed.

FINAL STEP
With the last piece of paper you are going to wrap it up like a present, no bows needed… This is to keep the middle part clean, which is very important! (Must be discarded if it becomes dirty.) To properly destroy… cut apart and separate it into individual pieces.

HOW TO USE
Place the fuel saver near the cap of the fuel tank and walk away for about an hour? You can also rest it on the top of a single walled fuel tank as well. It can be held over the fill hole, with the cap off for a few minutes but do NOT DROP IT INTO YOUR TANK! See what works… as this part has not been tested that much. The fuel saver does not need to stay with your vehicle to work. In fact it would be better if you shared it with your friends.

STORAGE
It must be placed in a hard plastic storage container in order to stop it’s effects. Gatorade bottle, Crystal Light, Etc… The unit becomes less effective with time (months), so share with your friends.

OBSERVATIONS
The effect (economy boost) lasts for quite some time, so you will not need to do this every fill up. However a few applications per year may be beneficial?
Oil in the crankcase will also tend to collect more water after a treatment, so you don’t want to do back to back treatments. Check your oil levels more often, as high oil levels can damage some engines.
Maybe do the first treatment on your vehicle with it’s tank half full and the oil at the half full level as well? Try to avoid applications during the rainy season/winter if possible?
This information is experimental and if you use it, there are no guarantees of any kind!
Use at your own risk!

Bitcoin tip jar, for the inventor.
1Lu8VgHCpAAh6H1rxk9jsUaEGWKB3uJdGj

1BDZJK47znFCfFjQcLcicbWEURD8gKqwvw
Old 01-21-2023, 04:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

wrenchbreaker -- Do you remember Usenet? "A place for everything and everything in it's place"?

Ecomodder is like that. There is a place for your last post and it was pointed to by Piwoslaw at Permalink #16. You could ask the mods to move the whole thread there.

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
wrenchbreaker (01-21-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 06:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Usenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
wrenchbreaker -- Do you remember Usenet? "A place for everything and everything in it's place"?

Ecomodder is like that. There is a place for your last post and it was pointed to by Piwoslaw at Permalink #16. You could ask the mods to move the whole thread there.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, but I don't know how to do that. The mods can do whatever they want, I give them permission to do so.

I have heard of usenet before but I don't know what it is?
Old 01-21-2023, 08:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

That's because the first rule of Internet is don't talk about [it]....
Quote:
https://usenet.bestreviews.net › faq › what-is-first-rule-of-usenet
What Is the First Rule of Usenet? - Usenet Reviews
You don't talk about fight club.". The same principle applies to Usenet, as its first rule is precisely to not talk about it. This 'rule' was created as an allusion to the hit-movie Fight Club with Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. The movie came out in 1999, around the same time that Usenet was being 'killed' by the regular web.
The World Wide Web is not better.

Reply  Post New Thread