Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2020, 12:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Two more with no comment on the video. Nobody saw the situational humor in 'jerk systems'?

I'd watch it again but in another thread Snax has me listening to a 2.5 hour audiobook.
I am halfway through the 2.5 hour audiobook recording on youtube. Pretty good. Fluid dynamics is complex, and it turns out it is chaotic. Discussion of fractals just began. I am reminded of those Chinese quantum entanglement satellite experiments in which entanglement is neither random nor predictable but does happen in each set of particles.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
truce

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I agree with freebeard and jakobnev. I'll add that you both--Phil and Julian--make important contributions here that many often find valuable. I'd love it if you would call a truce.
Julian Edgar has publicly called me a liar and purveyor of bull-...t. I hope that EcoModder, it's members and guests will allow me the latitude to defend myself against mis-characterization, libel,and slander.
The United States provides official,legal protections from such abuses. I hope EcoModder will also. If not, I have no further use nor interest in EcoModder.com.
MeteorGray (06-17-2020), Yippeekyaa (06-18-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 12:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Julian Edgar has publicly called me a liar and purveyor of bull-...t. I hope that EcoModder, it's members and guests will allow me the latitude to defend myself against mis-characterization, libel,and slander.
The United States provides official,legal protections from such abuses. I hope EcoModder will also. If not, I have no further use nor interest in EcoModder.com.
Of course. I can only speak for myself, but in my opinion your contributions here are highly valuable. I hope you'll stick around. Certainly, it is not my place to decide. None of us are always right or good. I hope you stick around.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-17-2020), MeteorGray (06-17-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Two roosters, one hen house.

Someone else might retrace the threads and see who "started it". The solution will have to come from you two. EcoModder exists in a milieu rife with dissent. Air is usually less contentious than politics, for instance.

I can imagine a world where you and he and full-color Schlieren photography combine like a power ranger to benefit the forum.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-17-2020), California98Civic (06-17-2020), MeteorGray (06-17-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 02:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I've learned more from folks debating than when they always agree, but only if all sides are required to present their evidence so it can be evaluated.

Let the empirical facts prevail, as long as there are no politics involved which always distorts things.

The debate over aerodynamics here reminds me of the current pandemic and the competing theories and the obvious influence of politics, especially when there is communism involved and evidence is twisted into absurdity. I've lost a lot of faith in the scientific and medical community over the past several months as a result of the pandemic.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
I've learned more from folks debating than when they always agree, but only if all sides are required to present their evidence so it can be evaluated.
I've lost a lot of faith in the scientific and medical community over the past several months as a result of the pandemic.
Everyone agreeing sounds like a nightmare.
As the future proves the past (), my faith in open source intelligence is strengthened. Events might surprise, but the trends are consistent.

Conservative [of the past] vs progressive [from the past] is a false dichotomy; all we have to work with is a present full of things to discard or to save and protecc.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
MeteorGray (06-18-2020)
Reply  Post New Thread