Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #181 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,392 Times in 3,366 Posts
I still can't believe I live in a world in which millions of mirrors can be coordinated and their positions switched many times per second, just so I can experience the joy of an enormous screen. Our world is magic.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (10-04-2019), Xist (10-05-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-04-2019, 05:04 PM   #182 (permalink)
Banned

Jerry got a stroke, and despit a mild stroke and doctors expect hin to have a full recovery... ...well.. you know how are doctors... For them any partial mediocre thing it's a very interesting result.
So I don't expect Jerry to play piano and sing as in the begining of this years. The "full recovery" doctors talk it's probably for things like read, go to the bathroom alone, dress hinself, open a can or bottle, sign his name. But the wise piano playing... I'm afraid he will not recover it very well.
His singing was already quite damaged due voval cords damage over years. So any worsening would be very problematic.

His cousin, Mickey Giles, als singer and pianoman, had a spine injury and lost most controll of his hands. Doctors said it's was quite possible for hin to recover his hands skill to play piano again, but after 4 or 5 years he still can't play piano.
Even after some sten cells therapy he can't play.
Doctors... Never trust them...
Old 10-04-2019, 05:39 PM   #183 (permalink)
Banned

NO !!!!!

This is magic :

And this is technology downside, with anaomalies and interpolation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I still can't believe I live in a world in which millions of mirrors can be coordinated and their positions switched many times per second, just so I can experience the joy of an enormous screen. Our world is magic.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #184 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
John Prine came back and is apparently still touring at the time of posting this: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=john+prine+throat

No, this is magic:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Hatsune+Miku+concerts

redpoint5 — Fits with Jack Rikard's magic rocks hypothesis.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:23 PM   #185 (permalink)
Banned

Why japanese anime/comic when in erotic context, have something that make we imagine it was made by or for a pedophile???

I wonder what's the problem with Paul McCartneys Voice, as he have difficult even to speak today. Maybe horns in vocal cords. Or could be worse, a case of damage after a vocal cord surgery.
He still can run, jump, kick, and have tons of energy, but the problem in vocal cord, whatever it is, it's a trouble limitation in last years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
John Prine came back and is apparently still touring at the time of posting this: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=john+prine+throat

No, this is magic:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Hatsune+Miku+concerts

redpoint5 — Fits with Jack Rikard's magic rocks hypothesis.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #186 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

I'm not into Anime nor do I know the history behind it. A certain youthful age is prime fertility for a woman, and men are adapted by nature to be attracted to women that have an appearance matching their most fertile years.

The reproductive success of humans probably had a large dependency on youthful ignorance of what child rearing entails, and a proclivity to act without giving proper consideration. In other words, the species propagated due to youthful ignorance.

As we live in increasingly complex times, we're not having as many children. At some point in the future (100 years?) this will become a problem manifest in a dwindling population.

Don't construe this as an endorsement of pedophilia, but merely pointing out that there are biological factors at play. There's a good reason why I'm not attracted to 90 year old women, and it isn't because I'm "ageist".

Old 10-04-2019, 07:48 PM   #187 (permalink)
Banned

Young women it's one thing. Young teens with style to look somehow childish it's another.

Quote:
I'm not into Anime nor do I know the history behind it. A certain youthful age is prime fertility for a woman, and men are adapted by nature to be attracted to women that have an appearance matching their most fertile years.

The reproductive success of humans probably had a large dependency on youthful ignorance of what child rearing entails, and a proclivity to act without giving proper consideration. In other words, the species propagated due to youthful ignorance.

As we live in increasingly complex times, we're not having as many children. At some point in the future (100 years?) this will become a problem manifest in a dwindling population.

Don't construe this as an endorsement of pedophilia, but merely pointing out that there are biological factors at play. There's a good reason why I'm not attracted to 90 year old women, and it isn't because I'm "ageist".
Old 10-04-2019, 08:07 PM   #188 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Eh, like I said, anime isn't my cup of tea, but then again I don't get most art.

I get what you're saying, and pedophilia is not something to encourage, but it is an act, and not a cartoon.

Are there any stats on Japanese men having disproportionately high inappropriate (by our standards) relations with minors?

Old 10-04-2019, 08:50 PM   #189 (permalink)
Banned

On Japan it's less likely to have pedophilia, since it's their culture, where women use to make-up and dress as teens.

It's the ocident that it's more problematic, since ocident can interpret the images as too young girls.

Quote:
Eh, like I said, anime isn't my cup of tea, but then again I don't get most art.

I get what you're saying, and pedophilia is not something to encourage, but it is an act, and not a cartoon.

Are there any stats on Japanese men having disproportionately high inappropriate (by our standards) relations with minors?
Old 10-05-2019, 12:13 AM   #190 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
I wasn't going to touch the subject (it can be toxic). But since I'm looking forward to an upcoming movie, just let me point out that once you get past some of the difference in Japanese culture, you find the stories can be compelling. Not just Studio Ghibli.

There exists isekai anime. It's of interest because in an apatheistic world, it substitutes for reincarnation.

The trope is that the protagonist dies and is reborn repeatedly, typically initially be being hit by a truck in the street. Into some mind-bending realm. Over and over until the series ends.

Reply  Post New Thread