Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
electricman

Lead-Acid Batteries Voltage Sag Formulas

Hi everyone, There seems to be a number of people responding to the Electric Car threads, so I wondered if anyone knows of some formulas that can be used to determine - ahead of time - how much the voltage will sag on a Lead Acid Battery, under some specific load or varying load?

While I have a PakTrakr - and a Woodward Enhanced PakTrakr Display - with Data Logging - I have a lot of empirical data, but no formula - maybe someone can look at the data and come up with a formula?

Electricfly - MyElectricfly.com and NoGas96volts

PakTrakr Multi Battery Monitor Battery Pack Monitor and

Thanks for you help, ahead of time! Robert

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Where are the data points? I could try to come up with a formula for voltage drop. It would at least be a function of current and temperature, and perhaps current and temperature and state of charge.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
electricman

Data Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Where are the data points? I could try to come up with a formula for voltage drop. It would at least be a function of current and temperature, and perhaps current and temperature and state of charge.
I have the files from the display as it logs them in .csv format - as well as eddited and trimmed data files in .csv or excel spreadsheet formats. They can be quite long - since the paktrakr delivers one data line per second, so an hour would be 3600 lines. Luckily - the actual drive to work testing I am currently doing is just a copuple minutes, and I used to let the logger keep coing for the whole 8 hour shift - but lately started to simply log a few seconds before the actual drive and about 10 - 30 seconds or so after most times, so they are now just little 28kb files or so each trip.

I could make them posted in my electricfly site for access if you like?

Robert
Old 06-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
ya! Post those buggers!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
electricman

One Weeks Summar Log of the Loads with Electricfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
ya! Post those buggers!
Ok - here is a Summary Sheet - in Excel, and a Tabloid Sized (11" x 17") pdf print of the same data.

It is just a set of key highlights, but fishing though a table in Excel with 32,000 lines is no fun, trust me!

True - actually having a Packtracker on a battery, with the woodward display - logging the data, while doing a load test on a Lab Bench would be even more definative, and controllable, but here are some high points, and you can be sure the max current points and minimum voltage points are within a few seconds of each other for the most part.

By the way - Have you checked out EV Fest 2011 yet?

Robert

Reply  Post New Thread