Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2022, 08:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Even if the intake is scrupulously clean, O2 oxidizes stuff at ridiculously high temperatures many times the safe temperature of the metals we currently use. Even Hastelloy X cuts with a torch and an air stream. Last I knew, acetylene and O2 burned at 6,000F, Hastelloy melts at 3,000

Slow down there!
We're trying to go from ~20.9% to ~22 or 23% O2 if we're lucky!

Piping O2 into a stock engine makes for amusing video tho:

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-20-2022, 09:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,103 Times in 973 Posts
Aluminum pistons in a Ford 7.3 melt under stock boost levels at high load if the EGT goes higher than 1300F. What temp will the enriched air burn at? Bet is is higher than normal. Just saying......
aerohead (08-25-2022)
Old 08-20-2022, 11:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
That there is a Unicorn that walked out the corral and straight into the scientific limelight!
Four Smileys and a Big grin. I'll accept that.

Old 08-20-2022, 05:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Four Smileys and a Big grin. I'll accept that.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22498298/

Basically rats got fed C60 Olive Oil or a placebo once every 2 weeks or so.
When all the placebo rats died (of old age etc) the C60oo rats stopped getting their bi weekly dose.
They lived 90% longer, but more like aged at half the rate.

There are a LOT of people taking it now (myself included) with various surprising benefits.
A quick search is likely to get you sites selling the stuff before you get to the science.

Last edited by Logic; 08-20-2022 at 05:42 PM..
Old 08-20-2022, 05:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hmmm!!!
A candle flame burns higher when magnets are slightly below it, causing more O2 in the flame area..?
https://youtu.be/dX2R4hRAYMc?t=489
The Following User Says Thank You to Logic For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-25-2022)
Old 08-20-2022, 05:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Basically rats got fed C60 Olive Oil or a placebo once every 2 weeks or so...

There are a LOT of people taking it now (myself included) with various surprising benefits.
I guess that explains all the scare stories about graphene dioxide nano-bots in the 'vaccine' recipients bloodstream[s].

Logic -- have you ever read Faraday's lectures at the Royal Academy on the candle's flame?
Quote:
The Chemical History of a Candle
The Chemical History of a Candle was the title of a series of six lectures on the chemistry and physics of flames given by Michael Faraday at the Royal Institution in 1848, as part of the series of Christmas lectures for young people founded by Faraday in 1825 and still given there every year.Wikipedia

Old 08-22-2022, 02:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
One idea I had (ya, I'm no scientist) was to filter out the nitrogen from the air and then replace it with the CO2 and water vapor from the exhaust.
This sounds like EGR with extra steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic View Post
...the only ways I can think of for the engine to "howel" are:
You forgot about the entirely mundane possibility that there was some flat surface now that had air passing across it, causing it to vibrate. Like a torn piece of filter medium, or some piece of ducting separating from the piece next to it, or similar. Lots of whistling or howling noises could be produced that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to some_other_dave For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-25-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 02:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 42.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,547 Posts
My first thought with the howling intake, was that the high voltage lead was finding a new path to ground. There is no voltage without a path to ground. So, either it was doing nothing, or he was running whatever voltage through the filter, through his engine block, and possible through all of the sensors attached to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ecky For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-25-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 12:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Logic -- have you ever read Faraday's lectures at the Royal Academy on the candle's flame?
Ye I'm aware that the flame is plasma an full of moving ions that will be deflected by a MF.

But
in this case the guy placed the flame between a strong N-S field and the flame varied with the height of the field relative to the flame:
Low down: bigger flame
higher up: smaller.
That's why its possible the candle was getting slightly more O2 IMHO.

Could be the shape of the field was spreading the + and - ions out from low down and squeezing them higher up. A bit of both..?
The Following User Says Thank You to Logic For This Useful Post:
freebeard (08-23-2022)
Old 08-23-2022, 01:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
My first thought with the howling intake, was that the high voltage lead was finding a new path to ground. There is no voltage without a path to ground. So, either it was doing nothing, or he was running whatever voltage through the filter, through his engine block, and possible through all of the sensors attached to it.
Ionizers work by supplying a sharp electrode with somewhere between 10 000 and 20 000 negative volts.
(around 1000 volts per mm of air gap to be jumped to a neutral, relatively positive, rounded electrode. Any higher and you get a hot, high amps/power, spark or plasma, rather than a low power/amp, ion discharge)

The sharp - electrode means there's a much higher charge/electron density vs the +, for the same voltage so you get a flow, through air, of electrons and/or - air ions they impart momentum and charge to, toward the +/neutral electrode.

In his case there was no positive.
But one might well assume that the air rushing past the sharp electrodes/brushes full of electrons would collect some negative charge.

When the electrons are all in the filter's metal grate which is touching the filter paper; what happens..?
Remember that at 10 000+ volts you're into static electricity territory where insulators (even air) don't 'resist' as usual.

Air, as a rule, is slightly positively charged, and electrons don't give a damn about boundary layer, so there may be some helping air through the filter..?

Now if the filter and/or intake air is damp; is it possible that the high potential difference could cause some H2 and O2 to be formed..???

No one is playing with high speed (ads energy etc) vapour electrolysis where any H+'s and OH-'s have much less chance of recombining, wasting half your input power...

If there was a short between his -10 000 volts and earth I would guess that the very low amp electrics of the ionizer would burn out before any fuse blew. (fuses require high amps to fuse)
Even if you could avoid 'Earth' and run high volts through sensors; the thing controlling rpm's is a throttle butterfly, mechanically linked to your right foot..

Reply  Post New Thread