Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Recycling Nazi

Blue Bullet - '06 Honda Civic Sedan LX
90 day: 35.68 mpg (US)
Arrow

I'm gonna hold my nose and vote for McCain ... 'cause the other way just isn't an option for me.

But that comment of his about tire inflation stung a bit. It'll probably work (politically) for John because it plays on people's ignorance ... and their willingness to be ignorant and lazy while whining for others to do more. Our country has far too many of those folks.

But, at it's heart, there is a very valid point: a couple tips for saving energy is not going to do it all by itself. We need more fossil energy as we develop alternatives.

I'm with T. Boone (so far): We need to do everything: drill for oil, explore alternative energy and conserve, conserve, conserve ...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-04-2008, 10:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

sputnik - '93 oldsmobile silhouette
90 day: 23.23 mpg (US)

home sweet home - '92 ford clubwagon E-350 xlt

very excelant - '92 honda civic vx
i'm converting my van to run on baby seal oil,
the next diy biofuel

Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
God I hate politics.... why is it every damn election we are trying to chose the lesser of two evils? The ignorant opinions of people, the mud slinging, the lack of any sort of plan just a bunch of "If you vote for me it won't be as bad as voting for him cause he eats babies" kind of BS.

Honestly, it makes me incredibly sad to read some of the comments people made on the blogs that were linked in this article...
Starting point 30mpg ready...... GO.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Coasting Down the Peak

Toyauto Pickup - '94 Toyota Pickup 2WD
90 day: 36.32 mpg (US)

Versa Base - '09 Versa Sedan 1.6 Base
Team Nissan
90 day: 41.69 mpg (US)
McCain's campaign is being run by the oiligarchy.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Mi-chan - '05 Toyota Corolla S
Last 3: 31.74 mpg (US)

Temp - '10 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 36.17 mpg (US)

Mom - '99 Honda CR-V
90 day: 27.82 mpg (US)

MESI - '10 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 26.83 mpg (US)
Quote:
Yeah, that's fine. I hardly buy anything anyway.

My biggest expense, even though it really isn't that big, is gasoline. Then food, property taxes, and utilities.
even food takes transporting. with the rising costs of oil, EVERYTHING is affected.

and even if you can take a $4 - $10 increase in gas price, not everyone can.... think about the old people who get fixed welfare checks... the rising gas prices means less money on other things, food, etc... and like i said those prices would go up too..

Old 08-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Recycling Nazi

Blue Bullet - '06 Honda Civic Sedan LX
90 day: 35.68 mpg (US)
Arrow

"why is it every damn election we are trying to chose the lesser of two evils? The ignorant opinions of people, the mud slinging, the lack of any sort of plan ..."

Because most people are ignorant and stupid. Really, it's THAT simple. If more people people cared about issues and thought things through, the nonsense in elections wouldn't work when it came time to vote.

As it is, meaningless slogans like "Our time is now" carry the day.

Think of how most people are fixated by the price of fuel these days. OK, so how many are ecomodders? A very, very, small fraction.

But why is that? Answer: Because most people are ignorant and stupid.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnpsi View Post
Oil companies can't sell air, rebublicans cant tax air, so they won't admit that extra inflation helps.

"Extra inflation"? Is that tire pressure? Or, economic pressure? LOL ( I couldn't pass this up!)

Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Bror, just why is it "just not an option for you". Were you raised to be somewhat racist against blacks like I was so you can't bring yourself to vote for him? If so, you should know that Obama is 50% white and was 100% raised by his white mom and white grandparents so he does not fit the ignorant stereotypes you are thinking of.
But you do know McCain is pandering to these ignorant people and you know drilling won't do anything to stop oil from doubling or tripling during his tenure, and you know Obama is serious about getting off of foreign oil completely within 10 years (That means the US buys only US made oil and doesn't give a dime to our enemies). T Boone even said that Obama's plan was a good start but needed more natural gas and drilling in the picture. We also know that McCain has just recently received 2 million dollars directly from OIL COMPANIES so you can guarantee which president will have the much higher oil prices during his tenure and beyond. Just follow the money.
And I didn't even get into the fact that our dollar has plummeted over 40% under Bush's war costs and economic policies and that McCain will continue all of those exactly the same because it will be the same Karl Rove guys running the show.
In stark contrast, Obama will quit killing our dollar and stop wasting 700Billion yearly on imported oil, and another 400 Billion yearly on Iraq but McCain will keep that massive hemorrhaging going and our country just cannot afford it. Not to mention McCain's economic guru is Phil Gramm who also worked with Bush to set up Bush's failed banking policy in 2002 which is what, directly caused our entire mortgage credit collapse!! It just get's worse and worse.

Everyone, there is a correlation to McCain almost failing out of college and graduating even worse than Bush at near last in a class of almost 1000 students and why his solutions do nothing to help us and why he didn't even know there were Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq years into the war. And there is a reason why Obama, who grew up working/middle class like most of us, excelled in school and earned scholarships to Harvard and eventually became the president of it's Prestigious Law Review, has shown that his ideas are real solutions that work and will end us giving 700 BILLION A YEAR TO TERRORIST SPONSORING COUNTRIES!

They both are "options", McCain is just the dumb and radical option, especially when he could possibly start WWIII during his tenure as the oldest, dumbest, newly elected president ever. Last thing, just weeks after 9/11, McCain was first to go on TV blaming Saddam for sending out the Anthrax in the mail so he could drum up American anger towards Saddam and guarantee an invasion of Iraq using a barrage of fake and false propaganda along with Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield and Condi. Now it turns out McCain was completely wrong again and the anthrax actually came from a US government facility. You can't get more wrong than that!

Last edited by wonderworm; 08-06-2008 at 11:33 AM..

Old 08-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

sputnik - '93 oldsmobile silhouette
90 day: 23.23 mpg (US)

home sweet home - '92 ford clubwagon E-350 xlt

very excelant - '92 honda civic vx
soooo,
how about that tire inflation thing. i've heard it helps

Old 08-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yes, proper tire inflation can reduce oil consumption in the US immediately up to 3 or even 4% right now while Drilling our coastlines in the states that allow it will increase oil output 1-2% 15 years from now.

I would expect the idiot who said he is "just getting started on the internet" and "I don't know much about the economy" to also mock the free and easy 3-4% savings now idea in favor of the 1-2% savings sometime after he is dead and gone.

And the American people still suck this stuff up and vote against their own interests........unbelievable. Obama lowers taxes on everyone more than McCain for 95% of us. So go ahead and be selfish, get that extra $1,000 big oil rebate Barack will give you or say "nahhh, I think Exxon needs to earn more than 120 billion in pure profit in 12 months, they need it more than me."

Closed Thread  Post New Thread