Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Newfangled Internet bed companies.

Casper, Tuft and Needle, Leesa, and undoubtedly others.
I have seen countless ads on YouTube by the late King of Random, Bob of I Like to Make Stuff, and others. Bob has the best ads because he talks in a picture-in-picture while you can still watch him work on his project.

I bought a mattress off Amazon for $237.82. It came in a lightweight box, expanded quickly, did not smell, and was a mattress.

What do you expect?

I was happy to have a twin XL, the first mattress that I have ever had more than three inches longer than I am laying on it.

Normal mattresses have thick and tough covers. This reminded me of sweatshirt material. I took off the cover and there were two layers of foam, but it seemed to work.

However, I feel there is more to my tossing and turning than insomnia, is my mattress impeding my ability to sleep?

I should have gone to bed earlier last night, but I started tossing and turning two hours before I needed to wake up. My brother wakes up every single morning at four or five and lays down on the couch, so I got up and slept on his bed, which Mom bought from Big Lots.

It was amazing how much more comfortable it was! I think that when I have a chance I will visit Big Lots and quite possibly have them order me another twin XL. Their cheapest is $210 with 4.5 stars!

Nod by Tuft and Needle is rated 4.3 stars. Both have about five hundred reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JV...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How many of you have ordered vacuum-sealed mattresses and how have they worked for you?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-28-2019, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I don't have any problems with insomnia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Casper, Tuft and Needle, Leesa, and undoubtedly others.
I have seen countless ads on YouTube by the late King of Random, Bob of I Like to Make Stuff, and others. Bob has the best ads because he talks in a picture-in-picture while you can still watch him work on his project.

I bought a mattress off Amazon for $237.82. It came in a lightweight box, expanded quickly, did not smell, and was a mattress.

What do you expect?

I was happy to have a twin XL, the first mattress that I have ever had more than three inches longer than I am laying on it.

Normal mattresses have thick and tough covers. This reminded me of sweatshirt material. I took off the cover and there were two layers of foam, but it seemed to work.

However, I feel there is more to my tossing and turning than insomnia, is my mattress impeding my ability to sleep?

I should have gone to bed earlier last night, but I started tossing and turning two hours before I needed to wake up. My brother wakes up every single morning at four or five and lays down on the couch, so I got up and slept on his bed, which Mom bought from Big Lots.

It was amazing how much more comfortable it was! I think that when I have a chance I will visit Big Lots and quite possibly have them order me another twin XL. Their cheapest is $210 with 4.5 stars!

Nod by Tuft and Needle is rated 4.3 stars. Both have about five hundred reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JV...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How many of you have ordered vacuum-sealed mattresses and how have they worked for you?
I grew up sleeping on a straw mat on a hard packed dirt floor. And we slept well! But we worked hard all day so that straw mat was a welcome site!

I simply follow the same work-sleep pattern. Work your butt off all day so you can sleep the sleep of the dead. In the morning, that hard pack is your alarm clock.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Just got our first expanding mattress by mail. It doesn't seem particularly comfortable to me, but sleep quality has more to do with routine and having a consciousness that can rest easily than coil count. I'm capable of sleeping pretty soundly on carpet, on a couch, in a tent, in a hammock or in bed.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 05-06-2020, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Mom has been complaining about her reasonably-new bed for a while and she had been napping in the living room far more than normal. This is a bad time to go to stores and try out mattresses so I looked into comparisons of different on-line mattresses.

From what I read, all of the major [new] brands were good, it was a matter of preference, but you would still like all brands.

I ordered a queen size and it was ridiculously heavy. I carefully slit the shrink wrap and it expanded explosively. As soon as I removed the plastic it was full size.

Do any mattresses come with handles? Sure, they often break, but usually you get some use out of them, right? I opened it in my room expecting it to need a couple of days to expand, but it was immediately ready to go.

With endless requests for my brother to assist I wrestled it out of my room, across the living room, and into Mom's room. Then I wrestled the old one out of her room, across the living room, kitchen, and back yard.

I really need to take it to storage!

Mom says that it is great!