Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #111 (permalink)
Eco-ventor

Princess - '92 Mazda MX-3 GS
House of Tudor
Team Mazda
90 day: 53.54 mpg (US)

Shirubāarō (*´ω`*) - '05 Toyota Prius Executive
Team Toyota
90 day: 54.88 mpg (US)

Blue Thunder - '20 Hyundai IONIQ Trend PHEV
Team Hyundai
Plug-in Hybrids
90 day: 587.16 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to jakobnev
If you only jack up one wheel you might think it's 2:1 when it's actually 4(ish):1.

2016: 128.75L for 1875.00km => 6.87L/100km (34.3MPG US)
2017: 209.14L for 4244.00km => 4.93L/100km (47.7MPG US)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-06-2014, 09:19 AM   #112 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
George is a Certified Technician, professional writer, and accomplished engineer/entrepreneur (smarter than NASA geeks). If he says it's 2:1, who am I to doubt it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Lee For This Useful Post:
MobilOne (05-22-2016)
Old 02-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #113 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWiseman View Post

I'm sorry to say that I do not know where the rear end came from. I only know the ratio because I jacked up one wheel, turned the driveshaft and watched the wheel turn.
This reads like he only checked the ratio AFTER installing it in the truck.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #114 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
This reads like he only checked the ratio AFTER installing it in the truck.
I am sure that since he is smarter than everyone at NASA, he knew the axle ratio before hand.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #115 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo

Ahhhh, good point.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #116 (permalink)
Banned

Blue Aveo - '08 Chevrolet Aveo 5
90 day: 25.13 mpg (US)
No more storytelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
The average mechanic doesn't know that much about combustion. He doesn't have to. Scientists on the other hand have to know much more and continually seek to know more. They speak in terms of internal energies, enthalpy, specific heats, etc. They apply basic laws such as the ideal gas law, Dalton's and Amagat's laws on additive pressures and volumes and extend them into the thermochemistry of combustion. You have done none of this and yet you say you "know a lot".
You are correct. I have not spoken using technical terms and I can see that gives you to another justification to doubt my credibility. I am SO tempted to show off my knowledge by actually writing a dissertation full of terms like molecular bond energies, latent heat of vaporization, flame propagation rates, etc... But I will not.

I have been given firm guidelines by members that I assume are administration to:
1. NOT defend my technologies or myself;
2. Keep my answers short;
3. Prove my technologies effective within guidelines recognized by and posted on EcoModder.com

If you need to have me prove my understanding of organic chemistry, combustion characteristics, thermodynamics, physics, etc., please contact me via my website contact page and we'll have that discussion offsite. I give you permission to post our offsite conversations in EcoModder.com if you wish, but I simply don't have the 'permission' to do so. I reserve the right to post the conversations on MY website.

I'm going to start focusing on the ball gentlemen; you are right, proof, not storytelling is needed... I ask for your patience until I can provide proof. I really am in a tight spot to do this... I can't spend much time on EM because I have several commitments already on the go before I 'met' you. But if you're patient (and it'll take months) I'll consistently input and you'll have all the proof you desire. I just can't do it faster than that, sorry guys, I wish I could.

Quote:
Please tell us why you would not just build a Faraday device and get 100% efficiency?
I'm very sorry if I was unclear. I DID design, manufacture and sell hundreds of electrolyzers that tested at very near 100% efficiency. The Faraday efficiency of my electrolyzer design was scientifically tested by several independent organizations. Here is one such test that I received permission to make public. ER1200 WaterTorch Efficiency.

I'm talking about Faraday Laws as applied to electrolysis, maybe you were thinking of something else?

Quote:
And back to the issue of the "Lie", please use common science terms and calculate for us how your vehicle that travels 60 mph and gets 20 mpg results in an AFR of 36:1 and change?
One of the advantages of this particular calculation is that it doesn't require knowledge greater than an understanding of how an engine works and the ability to multiply and divide. We take facts directly from raw data easily obtainable by anyone with a scan gauge to prove that internal combustion engines do NOT operate at external combustion air:fuel mixtures.

The bottom line is that we (as mechanics) are taught that 14.7:1 is the ideal stoichiometric ratio for the highest combustion efficiency... and that gasoline won't burn well at fuel ratios leaner than about 20:1... Yet anyone (mechanic or not) can prove that teaching false with publicly available information, a quiet afternoon drive and 5 minutes of high school math.

Quote:
You made that calculation based on a "full throttle" setting
No, I didn't. I think you are confusing this air:fuel ratio calculation with the HyCO 2DT test.

Quote:
then you go on to say air is "stretchy". Please use science to describe what you mean by "stretchy".
I didn't say 'stretchy', I said 'stretched' and I was quoting my mechanic's instructor. He didn't use scientific terminology to describe the relationship between the faster moving air in the intake manifold and the absolute pressure in the intake manifold.
He simply knew that in order for air to fill the cylinders, in spite of the restriction of the throttle plate, that the air had to move at a greater velocity as it passed by the restriction of the throttle plate. I'm assuming that his term 'stretched' referred to the lack of density or distance between molecules of the faster moving air... I can't tell you why he used that word, but he got the point across to his students.

If you hold a piece of paper horizontal in front of your mouth and blow across the top of it, it will rise because you've increased the speed of the molecules above the paper, thus reduced the absolute pressure pushing down on the paper, allowing the pressure of the molecules under the paper to push it up as they try to get into the lower pressure (stretched air) zone.

In the end you've (just like an engine does) performed work to move the air molecules from one place to another and lowered the immediate pressure in a localized area, but you have NOT significantly reduced the number of molecules involved (thus the volumetric efficiency of engines).

Again, if any of you want a scientific dissertation of how an engine creates a relative lack of pressure using a throttle plate as a restriction and the fluid dynamics of intake air as a result of engine design, please contact me directly and we'll discuss it to your satisfaction.

Quote:
(The) presentation of a "Lie" is the basis for your technology. So you MUST defend this point or the rest of your dissertation holds little value.
Respectfully, No, it's not. The 'air:fuel ratio LIE' calculation is intended to allow anyone to see for themselves that mechanics are NOT taught the whole truth; simply that and no more. I'm making this simple calculation very public so that anyone who drives a vehicle can prove it for themselves.

You've likely seen that I've been gone a couple of days. In line with my trying to provide proof, I did a video to show you how I gather the data and do the calculation.

The calculation has NO direct relationship to my technologies. It only serves to help us become aware that we can't trust what we were taught (very unsettling I know).
It was taught to me by Allan Wallace back in the 1970s; so I've had a few decades to get used to the idea and knowing what I then knew, I've been able to gradually peal back layer after layer of the deception(s).

Mechanics are taught to fix what exists, not to innovate. Taught what to think, and carefully steered away from doing calculations like the 14.7:1 LIE Proof. Hmmmm, I just remembered that my teachers were often exasperated with me for asking questions they couldn't answer...

I'm using this calculation as a 'gateway proof' that will then allow a reasonably open minded person to re-examine everything else we were taught. here are many other things we mechanics are taught that are not the whole truth, but this one is easy to prove, particularly with tools (like the scan gauge) and information (like volumetric efficiency charts) readily available today.

Once this LIE is proven (for yourself with your own vehicle of choice) and you (generic 'you', I'm not pointing any fingers here) accept as fact that the air:fuel ratio charts in our mechanics texts are for open air combustion ONLY, and have very little relevance to internal combustion, then the mind becomes free to question other firmly entrenched myths that were impressed on us.

Like the myth that we must put liquid fuel into our engines and that we require an intake manifold vacuum.
Engine manufacturers have known for at least a century that internal combustion engines were more efficient when fueled by fuel vapors. In my files (in storage) I even have a copy of a patent (from late 1800s or very early 1900s) made by Benz (which became Mercedes Benz) for an evaporative carburetor (like my HyCO 2A). This is how the Tom Ogle system worked too (evaporative technology).

Quote:
Even if your test data shows a positive gain for your system, understanding of how and why it works is important if you attempt to extrapolate the device to other applications.
Very very true!

Sorry for the length of this post.
There were several issues that I felt needed addressing.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #117 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Please do write a scientific dissertation.

Feel free to post the link so everyone can access the dissertation.

Simple, right?

The links to your electrolysis third party tests show me nothing. First off, they don't link to an independently published article allowing anyone to contact the party for follow up and secondly - so what? Making electrolysers that match the Faraday Ideal is easy.

And no, I will not contact you offsite. You aren't worth my time.

Why don't you join the Green Grand Prix that will be going on in April. There you can SHOW everyone once and for all how superior you really are technologically and scientifically.

I can't make it this year but why don't we agree to meet next year? You bring your car and I'll bring mine and we can do a "pinks" run off? Everyone can join you in celebrating your prowess as your car will impress the watching world. Come on, it's only a hundred bucks to join. You already have the tech, so the hard part is done.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #118 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
I want to address your math. I see you used displacement, rpm and volumetric efficiency to calculate air flow, but that math assumes the engine was at wide open throttle, correct??? You were not at wide open throttle and therefore the throttle plate was restricting air flow into the engine. Isn't your lie just an oversight on your math? Please explain since I obviously don't understand.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Sorry guys I have NO Proof that meets this website's standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarguy01 View Post
With thousands of customers, none of them ever asked how your devices work? They just install them on their car and go?
Pretty much, yes! I do explain my theories in my books but in the end it's all about results. Most of my customers are generated from word of mouth, a happy customer tells his friends and often even installs a few himself. A few people bought my book, installed on their own vehicle and then went on to make a good living installing on other people's vehicles.

Quote:
How many carbureted vehicles have you personally tested before and after in controlled situations?
I did personally modify a couple of hundred carburetors with the Carburetor Enhancer Method when I was installing them and I did keep records of their performance (I would do a before and after acceleration test and exhaust temperature test to assure the customers that they weren't losing power or going to burn their valves).
I did spot tests of pollution (so I could report how pollution levels drop) but mileage gains were mostly (except for my own vehicles) just customer testimonials. Again, I know testimonials are NOT scientific proof but since the gains were mostly 25%+ the customers were 100% happy. The customer's testimonials were generally in sync with my personal tests.

Once I wrote the Carburetor Enhancer Manual and started selling it, the people who 'self-installed' reported the same gains as I and my customers noticed. Again, all empirical evidence, not independent scientific validation.

Quote:
Surely you have this data already compiled somewhere since you have claimed increase on all of your products.
I do have self-generated data, which is in storage 2500 miles away. I have very few independent scientific studies. For my customers I have a 60 day no questions asked moneyback satisfaction guarantee. I have less than a 2% return rate and most of those are from people who never tried the product/project. I may be fooling myself but I think that makes it pretty clear that people are getting what they think they'll get.

This is getting to be 'defending myself' again. Sorry. Trying to answer your questions clearly (not obfuscate).

Quote:
What was you testing criteria? What test vehicles were used?
Sorry, I KNOW you are looking for proof that qualifies with the standards of this website. I don't have it now. I WILL have it this spring, once I get the 84 Honda Civic back on the road. Not only will you have my fuel mileage records in the ecomodder garage, but anyone who wishes can visit and prove it for themselves. Again, this is where I ask for patience.

The best I can do now is make my eBooks available for free and then help ecomodders duplicate what I've done, one step at a time; using their own skills and resources and at low cost (buying nothing from me).
I'll have no financial interest in their projects beyond trying to help them get the best mileage possible (without hurting their vehicle). Then the ecomodders who actually have equipment that can make proper scientific tests will be able to prove for themselves that the technology works or not.

As for which vehicles, pretty much everything but there's no way I can list them or prove who did what to what; except my own vehicles and that's where my 'stories' come in. I can tell you my 'stories' but that's not proof.

Generally, the technologies I've developed are pretty universal and adaptable to individual vehicles. Some technologies, like the HyCO 2DT, are designed for specific applications, in this case turbocharged engines.

Quote:
I want to see the how you came up with a 25-100% increase in mileage claim. How is 25% typical? If you know that it works in 75% of carbs, you must have collected data to come up with such a figure.
I took a box of testimonials and my own testing data and made piles in a row. I then counted them up. OK, not scientific but it gave me an answer I could give people who were asking.

Quote:
Why won't this work in 25% of carbureted
vehicles?

THAT is a really good question! It took me awhile to figure out the common denominator between the carburetors that got really GOOD results and the carburetors that got really BAD results.

The answer, once I found it, was simple. Air Bleeds. The carburetors that had more sophisticated air bleed systems were the ones that got the best gains. Carburetors with minimal air bleed technology got little or no gains.

Full understanding of how the Carburetor Enhancer Method works is in the Carburetor Enhancer Manual, which I will be posting in the next couple of days. I call it a 'method' because it isn't a device, it's a custom tuning technique that significantly increases a carburetor's ability (via the air bleeds) to make smaller fuel droplet size.

What carburetor was best? The Motorcraft 2150 was the top of the pile because it not only has an excellent air bleed system, it has 'variable' air bleeds. About 20% of those installations doubled mileage while retaining full power and performance. Exhaust temperatures dropped and pollution of all types was reduced.

Again, I acknowledge I have NO proof to show you. But since it can be done with $15 worth of parts acquired from an automotive store and it only takes an hour of actual work to do, it's worth a shot, is it not? (disclaimer: your first application will likely take an afternoon as you learn how to do it).

Oh, and just in case it matters, Ford engineers 'knew' about the Carburetor Enhancer method (they didn't call it that of course). They finally used it in the high end models of the 7200 VV carburetor, to give the carburetor oxygen sensor feedback AFR control, just like I'd already been retrofitting carbureted cars for years (plus I added deceleration fuel shutoff, which they didn't do).
Old 02-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I want to address your math. I see you used displacement, rpm and volumetric efficiency to calculate air flow, but that math assumes the engine was at wide open throttle, correct??? You were not at wide open throttle and therefore the throttle plate was restricting air flow into the engine. Isn't your lie just an oversight on your math? Please explain since I obviously don't understand.
No, the 'lie' math has absolutely nothing to do with wide open throttle. The math is for normal driving with normal throttle use. The math simply takes the weight of air that ACTUALLY goes through the engine and compares it to the weight of fuel that ACTUALLY goes through the engine during NORMAL vehicle operation.

You can confirm this by using your own scan gauge on your own vehicle just like I show you. I never mention anything about wide open throttle.

Can you tell me why you think I'm talking about wide open throttle?

Reply  Post New Thread