Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #2921 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Well i am almost there and luckily i remembered...

When i couldnt install PCB one way, due to current sensors, i rotated it so i now have IGBT contacts facing backwards. Eg. G1 E1 on IGBT is now G2 E2 on PCB and vice versa. Please advise Paul. Would that cause harm to IGBTs? Or is the switching so symetrical nothing would happen.
First picture is with contacts connected. On the second i tried to criss cross them so they would plug in ok. Which would be better?

Also is the wire length important? I made twisted wire, but with crossed cables wire length is more than i planned. at least for comfortable installation. Would wire length be an issue? Should i add one TVS diode directly to IGBT GE contacts? Wire length is now 10cm from PCB to GE.

Arber

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-09-909a.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	21025   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-09-910a.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	21026  

Last edited by arber333; 12-09-2016 at 04:36 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 12-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #2922 (permalink)
PaulH
 
MPaulHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maricopa, AZ (sort of. Actually outside of town)
Posts: 3,814

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanks: 1,363
Thanked 1,098 Times in 722 Posts
I changed some code on the Maximum power point tracker/charger for the solar panels (5.6kW worth), so the go kart can now charge up nice and fast, right from DC!
__________________
kits and boards
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #2923 (permalink)
PaulH
 
MPaulHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maricopa, AZ (sort of. Actually outside of town)
Posts: 3,814

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanks: 1,363
Thanked 1,098 Times in 722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arber333 View Post
Well i am almost there and luckily i remembered...

When i couldnt install PCB one way, due to current sensors, i rotated it so i now have IGBT contacts facing backwards. Eg. G1 E1 on IGBT is now G2 E2 on PCB and vice versa. Please advise Paul. Would that cause harm to IGBTs? Or is the switching so symetrical nothing would happen.
First picture is with contacts connected. On the second i tried to criss cross them so they would plug in ok. Which would be better?

Also is the wire length important? I made twisted wire, but with crossed cables wire length is more than i planned. at least for comfortable installation. Would wire length be an issue? Should i add one TVS diode directly to IGBT GE contacts? Wire length is now 10cm from PCB to GE.

Arber
Make sure they are crossed. One drives the high side and one the low side. Right now the high side is plugged into the low side and vice versa. That would be very bad. very very very bad.

So, as long as the IGBT on the right and the middle one have the current sensors, it should be OK.
__________________
kits and boards

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 12-09-2016 at 09:01 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:23 AM   #2924 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: INDIA
Posts: 11
Thanks: 26
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I could not quote, as I have less posts.
That was awesome kart Paul, I like the skidding part.

How easy is it to change the regen? Do we need to change the code or is there any external adjustment? An external knob would be good!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #2925 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Make sure they are crossed. One drives the high side and one the low side. Right now the high side is plugged into the low side and vice versa. That would be very bad. very very very bad.

So, as long as the IGBT on the right and the middle one have the current sensors, it should be OK.
I will get right to it thanks. I ll get back to you when i rotate the motor.
Wish me luck...

A
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:10 AM   #2926 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: INDIA
Posts: 11
Thanks: 26
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In the new board (v0.3), is the desaturation detection need to be done. Connecting "collector of IGBT1H to emitter of IGBT1L" via a wire? Or is it incorporated in the new board?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:43 PM   #2927 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidasbala View Post
In the new board (v0.3), is the desaturation detection need to be done. Connecting "collector of IGBT1H to emitter of IGBT1L" via a wire? Or is it incorporated in the new board?
I think desat is there on PCB, i dont see any special connectors to feed from C.

Paul may i ask how did you connect contactor and precharge relais? I have them connected to 2x 12V relais outside with one cable +12V as trigger for each relay. The - from each connector goes to inverter case as GND. Would that be ok? Saves on contact place as i have space for only 20 connections.

tnx

A
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:44 PM   #2928 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: INDIA
Posts: 11
Thanks: 26
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arber333 View Post
I think desat is there on PCB, i dont see any special connectors to feed from C.

Paul may i ask how did you connect contactor and precharge relais? I have them connected to 2x 12V relais outside with one cable +12V as trigger for each relay. The - from each connector goes to inverter case as GND. Would that be ok? Saves on contact place as i have space for only 20 connections.

tnx

A
Yes, even I would like to know how the connection is. If there is a wiring photo, it would help.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #2929 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Inverter set

I have prepared inverter for motor start.
First i wired everything like it should be, tyco contactor and all, then i checked. It seems i always make mistake at wiring pedal... I have that written down now.
Well then i setup my laptop and realterm and tried to start with 13V from my battery.
System ran but tyco made rattling noise when starting. It stopped if i brought clear GND to it. It seems path trough small relay on PCB is not as it seems. I checked and on PCB there are two zener diodes clamping from +12 to GND. When tyco starts it seems to put out a spike that zener pulls to gnd... and then releases. Paul why are there zeners? There are no chips there to protect. Well i put another relay in there and tyco clamped good, so that is solved now.
I got good comms with dsPIC30 and i tried to set some parameters, so far good.

I tried to turn shaft by hand (more like with a wrench) and A and B signals were from 4.9V to GND, but i am not sure of Z signal all i got was near GND that changed a little when i spun shaft trough some position. Will see about that.

I connected phase cables and prepared DC cables. Tomorrow i will bring 40V worth of battery from my car to try spinning motor. Now is allmost midnight here...

Some photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-10-911a.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	21027   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-10-913a.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	21028   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-10-916a.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	21029  
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to arber333 For This Useful Post:
kalidasbala (12-11-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #2930 (permalink)
PaulH
 
MPaulHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maricopa, AZ (sort of. Actually outside of town)
Posts: 3,814

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanks: 1,363
Thanked 1,098 Times in 722 Posts

__________________
kits and boards
  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul & Sabrina's cheap DIY 144v motor controller MPaulHolmes Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller 7298 06-19-2019 04:16 AM
Paul & Sabrina's Cheap EV Conversion MPaulHolmes Fossil Fuel Free 542 11-12-2016 09:09 PM
Contest! Name Paul & Sabrina's controller MetroMPG Forum News & Feedback 120 10-22-2011 01:59 PM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com