Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2019, 01:14 AM   #3401 (permalink)
PaulH
 
MPaulHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maricopa, AZ (sort of. Actually outside of town)
Posts: 3,810

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanks: 1,363
Thanked 1,096 Times in 722 Posts
I don't really understand what T, S, and R are. Do you have any waveforms?

__________________
kits and boards
  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 03-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #3402 (permalink)
Ale Madeo
 
ale0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bariloche Patagonia Argentina
Posts: 32
Thanks: 22
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Question Voltage measurment

Hi everyone, I have a quick question, does the controller need to measure the voltage of the battery bank or any other point of the setup?

thanks
__________________
Los que dicen que es imposible, no deberían molestar a los que lo están intentando...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #3403 (permalink)
PaulH
 
MPaulHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maricopa, AZ (sort of. Actually outside of town)
Posts: 3,810

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanks: 1,363
Thanked 1,096 Times in 722 Posts
It doesn't use the battery voltage for anything at this time.
__________________
kits and boards
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MPaulHolmes For This Useful Post:
ale0502 (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #3404 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Menifee, CA
Posts: 17
Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok Yeah ill need to get an ocsilliscope for that part for sure and I saw, Paul, that you have a resolver to encoder board. SWEET!!

Another thing came up that I am curious about. I can only seem to get the board to put out a signal if the pickit3 is hooked up and not with the USB terminal. Is the onboard USB just for programming as a "Program Mode" and need to be disconnected for "Run Mode"? I have got my motor to move when the PICKIT3 is hooked up only.

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #3405 (permalink)
Ale Madeo
 
ale0502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bariloche Patagonia Argentina
Posts: 32
Thanks: 22
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
It doesn't use the battery voltage for anything at this time.
Thanks Paul!
I think I'm missing something to connect, because when I run the run-pi-test routine nothing happens, the engine does not turn at all.
I have the two current sensors (LEM HASS 300), and an encoder of 512 steps working by the tests I could do.
What can I have wrong? I have a code written by me with which I throw a frequency without any kind of control and the motor turns, so I have all the power stage running.

thanks
__________________
Los que dicen que es imposible, no deberían molestar a los que lo están intentando...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:14 AM   #3406 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: California
Posts: 8
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
controller assembled.

Hope to start testing on an HPEVS motor tomorrow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ub14H7pDYxSPZ9r16

Last edited by 59Morris; 03-13-2019 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: Added link to picture.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #3407 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: California
Posts: 8
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59Morris View Post
Hope to start testing on an HPEVS motor tomorrow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ub14H7pDYxSPZ9r16
It looks like I'm in the same position as the previous two posters. I believe everything is hooked up correctly. Using the "stream" command I have verified the throttle, temperature sensor and encoder are working as expected. When I "run-pi-test2" it does not drop to zero but stays very close to 512. Nothing I have tried so for has made the motor turn. No error messages on startup except the one that says its not really an error. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might have missed??
(I'm testing with a 50 volt battery pack)

Last edited by 59Morris; 03-13-2019 at 09:45 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #3408 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Piotrsko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: 1826 miles WSW of Normal
Posts: 600
Thanks: 25
Thanked 131 Times in 110 Posts
Some mention you need to calibrate the throttle before it runs.
__________________
2000 F250 7.3 CC 20+ MPG @ 10000 #
2013 Golf tdi 50+ mpg
1988 Ranger EV Volt batts>> 16,000 MPG and climbing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #3409 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Saskatoon, canada
Posts: 1,395

ChargE (not yet running) - '92 Mazda MX6 LX
90 day: 33.89 mpg (US)

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR
Thanks: 717
Thanked 506 Times in 406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59Morris View Post
It looks like I'm in the same position as the previous two posters. I believe everything is hooked up correctly. Using the "stream" command I have verified the throttle, temperature sensor and encoder are working as expected. When I "run-pi-test2" it does not drop to zero but stays very close to 512. Nothing I have tried so for has made the motor turn. No error messages on startup except the one that says its not really an error. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might have missed??
(I'm testing with a 50 volt battery pack)
Check out @jackbauer's post here

https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post590417

If the vector output is not being called, there should be no output.

Besides that, a while ago you needed to have your throttle between min-regen and min-throttle (I didn't look up the actual variable names - sorry). Not sure if that is a requirement any more.

I can look tonight and find a config that worked OK for my motor. It won't likely work well for yours, but it should output *SOMETHING*

My bet is on the vector output still commented out. Do you have MPLab X installed so you can compile? If not, perhaps send @MPaulholmes or @Jackbauer a PM. They can send you a new file to load into your controller.

I've never gotten this darned compiler to spit out an actual file without errors .. so I can't help with that.

PS - I'm running a rev 2 board and I think you are all at rev 3 or 4
__________________
In THEORY there is no difference between Theory and Practice
In PRACTICE there IS!

Last edited by thingstodo; 03-14-2019 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: PS
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
59Morris (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #3410 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: California
Posts: 8
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We have it working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
Check out @jackbauer's post here

https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post590417

If the vector output is not being called, there should be no output.

Besides that, a while ago you needed to have your throttle between min-regen and min-throttle (I didn't look up the actual variable names - sorry). Not sure if that is a requirement any more.

I can look tonight and find a config that worked OK for my motor. It won't likely work well for yours, but it should output *SOMETHING*

My bet is on the vector output still commented out. Do you have MPLab X installed so you can compile? If not, perhaps send @MPaulholmes or @Jackbauer a PM. They can send you a new file to load into your controller.

I've never gotten this darned compiler to spit out an actual file without errors .. so I can't help with that.

PS - I'm running a rev 2 board and I think you are all at rev 3 or 4
Thanks thingstodo. I have been in contact with Paul and he sent me a new .hex file that fixed the problem.... after I also fixed a wiring problem of my own. I had crossed up the V and W phase current sensors. Tomorrow I can work on fine tuning the config.

  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul & Sabrina's cheap DIY 144v motor controller MPaulHolmes Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller 7290 Today 09:29 AM
Paul & Sabrina's Cheap EV Conversion MPaulHolmes Fossil Fuel Free 542 11-12-2016 09:09 PM
Contest! Name Paul & Sabrina's controller MetroMPG Forum News & Feedback 120 10-22-2011 01:59 PM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com