Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #61 (permalink)
Did you get that thing?

Green Machine - '92 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 39.98 mpg (US)

Money pit - '97 Infiniti j30
90 day: 22.74 mpg (US)
Game Over

I have failed you my friends, and I'm sorry. Someone from scangauge has been monitoring this thread and waited for me to make an order. My boss tried to make an order and they refused him. They won't sell to anyone in the Buffalo area now apparently, because of this thread. I got reamed out because he wanted to make an order, you don't get your units, and I'm out the fees paypal charged me. Pretty much lose lose here. I will be refunding your money, but now that I know paypal takes fees, you will lose $5 if I send you back your money through them. I can mail you checks back so that you can get the full amount but its entirely up to you. One thing I have to say is that if you do decide to take it by check, it may take a little bit because I currently don't have any checks left so I will have to order them monday, then write and mail them as soon as I get them in, so paypal will be quicker, but checks will assure a full refund.. anyway, PM me and let me know which way you prefer.

And to the scangauge people who have been monitoring this thread: Thanks for not saying anything and letting people pay me and creating all kinds of problems for me, very stand-up thing to do. At the very least you could have stepped in on this thread and informed me that you weren't going to sell them to me and stopped this before the ball even got rolling. I can understand if I was making money on this deal, or trying to get a free one for myself out of the deal, that you would want to do whatever it takes to screw me over, but clearly that wasn't the case with the amount I was charging, you know your own price sheet, so do the math, at the price I was charging, there's no way I could be making a dime on this deal. So I was legitimately trying to help out a few ecomodders in a one time deal and you sunk the whole deal. And with the small amount of people that were in on this deal, what did you think, I was going to flood the market with wholesale units and ruin your business? .. end rant.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #62 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Your heart was in the right place.
here in Canada we have the "Combines Investigations Unit". They monitor restrictive trade and in my estimation would be putting ScanGaage out of business or be giving them such a large fine they wish they were out of business.

American business is often out to simply screw everyone possible.

Just a Canadian 2cts!

Then again there just might be an American agency that might screw them 100 times as much as they screwed us.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #63 (permalink)
MP$

Send a message via MSN to diesel_john
I'll definitely be more careful in the future when a product is promoted.

Last edited by diesel_john; 05-19-2008 at 11:04 PM..
Old 05-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #64 (permalink)
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
I do not understand why would they not sell to you ?? I am confused.

As for paying people back that should actually be pretty easy without checks. Log into your bank website. 90% of them have "bill pay" and its totally free. Enter a persons info tell it to send the money and it will mail out a check to them and you do not even have to pay postage :-)

Oh I see I still do not understand scangauge's position. People do not buy there product for how many decimal places it can goto they buy it for CONVENIENCE and a FINISHED product. If I had the money I damn well would buy one in a heart beat. It looks good has a fantastic formfactor and is plug and play. WHO CARES if its off by some insignificant amount. I thought you had to "tune" them anyway.

I am baffled by this.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #65 (permalink)

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
VERY IMPORTANT READ THIS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on how OLD some of the payments are I know many are less than 30 days. YOU CAN REFUND the payment via paypal. DO NOT paypal it back. REFUND it back.

I am NOT sure if this will refund your fees or not (it should) and it will NOT charge the refundee anything and the money will go right back to whatever card or account they used to pay you with.

CONFIRM this with paypal but I am pretty sure if you do the REFUND process properly it will literally undo everything including the fees.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:39 PM   #66 (permalink)
Did you get that thing?

Green Machine - '92 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 39.98 mpg (US)

Money pit - '97 Infiniti j30
90 day: 22.74 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
VERY IMPORTANT READ THIS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on how OLD some of the payments are I know many are less than 30 days. YOU CAN REFUND the payment via paypal. DO NOT paypal it back. REFUND it back.

I am NOT sure if this will refund your fees or not (it should) and it will NOT charge the refundee anything and the money will go right back to whatever card or account they used to pay you with.

CONFIRM this with paypal but I am pretty sure if you do the REFUND process properly it will literally undo everything including the fees.
I have thought of this and hope this is an option still, but I have already transferred the money into my personal bank account. I have to call them monday and ask if this will still work. I do know, from making purchases on ebay, that if there's no money in my paypal account, it will draw directly from my bank account, so maybe there's hope that that will work.

And Thanks John, you're a stand-up guy, no question.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #67 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Wow, and before I was praising their customer service.... If they truly have been monitoring this (and sounds like they have if the region is now cut off) - I'm really going to have to stop recommending this thing... Hell, the only reason I didn't jump in on this one was because I accidentally missed the date (thought it was the 15th, not 13th).

And really, cost of goods wouldn't be putting them at a loss for their own markup... However, there are other dynamics to this.... In any case, poor form for not saying anything - All that was gained is a loss of people that advertise VIA word of mouth (the very best type of advertising for this sort of niche product).

Oh well, I'll build the open source version for my father's birthday (instead of buying another SG -I've been threatening for awhile, but his birthday is coming up) - maybe see about rapid tooling a nice case for it... All he really wants is mpg anyway

But reformed, don't feel bad... They should have contacted you as soon as they saw this OR chimed in on the thread. I'm pretty disappointed, actually...
Old 05-18-2008, 12:52 AM   #68 (permalink)

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
I still do not understand why they will not sell them? anyone have an info on WHY they refuse to sell them to him?
Old 05-18-2008, 12:55 AM   #69 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
I still do not understand why they will not sell them? anyone have an info on WHY they refuse to sell them to him?
The simple answer: In business, you can't undercut your distribution network without some nasty ramifications. But that's no excuse to handle that situation the way this was handled.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:31 AM   #70 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Did Ron say why? Anybody talked to him?