Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #481 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Woody - '96 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 23.82 mpg (US)

Avion and Woody - '96 Dodge/Avion Ram 2500/5th wheel combo
90 day: 15.1 mpg (US)

TD eye eye eye - '03 Volkswagen Beetle GLS
90 day: 49.05 mpg (US)

Mule - '07 Dodge Ram 3500 ST
back in May at a press conference, mocking a reporter for being 'politically correct'
No, the reporter was doing what saves lives in every other country.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ng-mask-2020-5

I could do this all day. Trump has bullied and downplayed mask wearing countless times.

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 with 6MT
2003 TDI Beetle
2002 TDI Beetle

currently parked - 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbodiesel
Custom cab, auto, 3.55 gears

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-03-2020, 01:27 PM   #482 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
But you would need to get that from mainstream news. Which lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 10-03-2020, 01:40 PM   #483 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie
You're going very far out of your way to misinterpret him.
[snip]
Is Trump a deep state leftist extremist working with Pelosi to discredit the President and keep him from draining the swamp?
Are you using sarcasm unironically?

So eleven people test negative, then contract the coof at the debate? I'm so sure they infected themselves to take the Covid card away from Biden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie
I submit that his remarks the next day, hosted here at the White House, show that you are lying to yourself. You're putting in a lot of effort to do it, too.
Needs a pull quote. Scanned up to the part about 170 miles of fence. I'd thought it was more like 300.

Saying he's lying to himself is still calling him a liar. I'd call it pushback against your lies misapprehension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking
I could do this all day. Trump has bullied and downplayed mask wearing countless times.
Masks are theater. It goes in through your lacrimals.

edit:
Great News Everyone!
Alita Army VICTORIOUS! Theaters to #ReReleaseAlita Beginning this Month!

Last edited by freebeard; 10-03-2020 at 05:38 PM..

Old 10-03-2020, 05:42 PM   #484 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Masks are theater. It goes in through your lacrimals.
I have talked to people who were honestly frightened about the Chinese virus, and took prevention to a somewhat extreme level, yet they also got infected. Symptoms were usually from moderated to none at all.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #485 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Team Honda
I would never be so cruel as to suggest reading a transcript of a press conference. I don't know what else was discussed in that press conference, although the URL mentions the PPP, so that's pretty likely.

Ctrl+F is your friend. "Sarcastic" shows up a little over halfway through, and they come back to it at the end. He talks about using disinfectant on hard surfaces, on hands and relates how he directed the doctors who had been briefing him to look into using it internally. He was then directly asked if he was actually encouraging Americans to ingest disinfectant, he said no, that he had only said it sarcastically.

He rambles and uses sentence fragments, and it is easy for apologists to pick words out to either find or deny meanings in a lot of what he said. Apologists like Kayleigh McEnany, who found places in the video where Trump mentioned consulting doctors. Apologists like redpoint5, who correctly points out that the word bleach is not mentioned in the video. The problem is that the part of the video that's up everywhere...
Quote:
...came after William Bryan, a top science official at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), presented research showing that the virus deteriorates more quickly when exposed to sunlight, high temperatures and humidity and said that bleach and isopropyl alcohol each kill the virus within minutes.
It is factually correct that Trump did not utter the words "drink bleach" on that video. In the context of objective reality, immediately after being briefed on the effectiveness of bleach and alcohol on hard surfaces, Trump said that the doctors should look into whether or not those disinfectants could be used internally as well. Bryan's briefing about the effects of UV light, heat, humidity and the disinfectants bleach and isopropyl alcohol on Covid, isn't included in the briefing because it isn't actual news, it's just background data.

The news that day was was After being briefed on ways to kill the Coronavirus, Trump directed doctors to study taking bleach internally and the commentary end jumped to Trump says to drink bleach! The actual news people weren't hiding or twisting anything, and the commentary people were packaging it up even more tightly. But they weren't making it up, and when Trump was called on it, he said Yeah, but I was just being sarcastic.

Quote:

Old 10-03-2020, 06:05 PM   #486 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
[W]here did Trump mention bleach? Where was the first use of bleach injection mentioned?
He said "disinfectant." There was an entire conversation about "Disinfectant." Some people said "Bleach," but you are not denying that he did, just refusing to discuss anything but bleach and UV rays.

Disinfectant and UV rays were two separate ignorant and idiotic suggestions that he should have made behind closed doors, not in front of the American public.

Quote:
...and I'm still looking for when Trump mocked mask wearers.
No, you are just trolling. I am confident that you know how to use Google as well as anyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (10-03-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 06:42 PM   #487 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Team Honda
But his mocking is only reported in the lamestream, fake news. Which, you know, reported bleach but did not deign to provide the video with the actual word bleach, and therefore was lying and should be avoided.

And apparently going that far out of your way to avoid knowing things that are common knowledge can't be referred to as lying to yourself. Because that counts as calling him a liar.

All I can say is sorry. Not sorry.

Quote:

Old 10-03-2020, 07:22 PM   #488 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
But they weren't making it up, and when Trump was called on it, he said Yeah, but I was just being sarcastic.
That claim short-circuited some brains at the press conference and allowed them to move on, but we still can't move past it here?

Quote:
No, you are just trolling. I am confident that you know how to use Google as well as anyone.
One would hope that Google is compared with better search engines. Just as a check on their [im]partiality.

How's Eric Schmidt doing these days?

Who said what about when pales compared to what's coming.

https://sm.askmen.com/askmen_in/phot...-musk_rcwp.jpg

Old 10-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #489 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

townhall.com: Cleveland Officials Traced COVID Cases Back to the Debate... Before Trump Was On-site
Quote:
Officials for the City of Cleveland said 11 cases of the Wuhan coronavirus could be traced back to the Sept. 29 presidential debate. The cases were a result of debate pre-planning and set-up, with the majority of cases impacting out-of-state travelers, particularly debate organizers and members of the media.
[snip]
Even though 11 cases were traced back to the pre-debate planning, the Cleveland Clinic made one thing clear: every single person with credentials who went into the debate had to have a negative Wuhan coronavirus test.
They are going to contract trace up everbody's wahzoo, but any tainted nasal swabs would have been either used or exfiltrated so that vector will remain unverifiable.

Our President sounded good on Twitter. Light a candle for Melania.

Old 10-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #490 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Team Honda
Everyone except Trump and his people. Who, it turns out, had it:
Quote:
“They didn't arrive until Tuesday afternoon,” Wallace said on Fox News Friday afternoon, after the White House announced that Trump, the first lady and top aide Hope Hicks had all tested positive. “So for them to get tested, there wouldn't have been enough time to have the test and have the debate at 9:00 that night. They didn't show up until 3:00, 4:00, 5:00 in the afternoon. Yeah, there was an honor system when it came to people that came into the hall from the two campaigns.”
Which is messed up. I had to get my 6th grade son tested last weekend. He came down with a cold on Saturday and we knew he wouldn't be well enough to go to school on Monday. The rules are that he can go back once he's better if he has a negative covid test, but he has to stay home in quarantine an extra 10 days if he doesn't have one. So I drove him in on Sunday. 15 minutes after we left, I got a call saying he was negative.

Apparently the debate people don't have the fast testing capability that's available in Podunk, NH. It doesn't look right to me.

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Xist (10-25-2020)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread