Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2020, 03:14 PM   #581 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
You might want to consider that the forum AdmInistrators might short circuit your account for posting your fringe cartoon collections.
You keep threatening others with the mods. Are you lobbying with them to cause trouble?

'Those guys' are the mainstream now, not the fringe. Always sort by New.

Off to check if we have an aerodynics subforum.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-25-2020, 03:49 PM   #582 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I havnt maid enny threts.

The Following User Says Thank You to sgtlethargic For This Useful Post:
freebeard (10-25-2020)
Old 10-25-2020, 05:41 PM   #583 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

An interesting perspective from Simone Gao:

American Republic vs CCP Documentary | ZOOMING IN SPECIAL

Social media push an agenda, but if you don't 'take the bait' they have to back off and moderate the message so as not to lose engagement. Which they live or die by.

The concluding statement: the bulwark against foreign influencers is The Constitution.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:23 PM   #584 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Re: Social media push [sic] an agenda ...

... the bulwark against foreign influencers is The [sic] Constitution.

How so?

Old 10-25-2020, 07:30 PM   #585 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Do you guys like peanut butter?

Dollar Tree sells 10 ounce jars. I have eaten the entire contents in one sitting at least once. No big deal, just 1,667 calories, and 143 grams of fat, but 71 grams of protein!

I like PBFit's peanut butter powder. They freeze-dry it and reduce calories by 85%. I don't really know how to compare them. The first time I used it I followed the recipe and it was runny, so I just mix it to have the consistency that I want, and do not have any idea how many servings it has, but when I first discovered it I mixed a bowl of it, made a huge sandwich, and got an awesome reaction out of my roommate.

He is a great guy. I miss talking to him regularly. He is actually from this area and graduated from college, but decided to move somewhere completely different.

He managed to buy a house, though. I am happy for him. He might be 25, so that is an awesome start for him. So is getting a job right out of college.

Is that hard for business majors?

I had hoped to tell him "Hey, I am starting my own company, and I need a business graduate. I am paying $Awesome an hour, but I am afraid that we will not have many hours to start."

I will need to find some other business guy.

One time he ordered a bunch of cheap shoes from Zappos and one pair was a child's 11 instead of in men's. I have an awesome picture of him looking thrilled at their honest mistake.

I finally decided to own a pair of shoes without holes, but there is something seriously wrong with these men's 13s.

There is something wrong with them. I can't quite put my finger on it...

Anyway, I am off-topic. We were discussing peanut butter. Sometimes I make my brother peanut butter pancakes. At first I bought mixes, but it didn't seem like I could consistently find the same brands, so I looked up PBFit's recipe. Unfortunately, they now call for greek yogurt.

If I am running to the store for one thing to make peanut butter pancakes, why would I buy greek yogurt instead of peanut butter pancake mix?

Most of the recipes that I found called for other ingredients that we didn't have. The generic name for PBFit protein powder is protein flour, so I looked for recipes using that term, and tried out one, which I will never use again. In fact, I plan on tracking down that recipe and leaving this review--nevermind, it isn't funny, or appropriate, but it gave me a chuckle when I thought of it.

Someone convinced me to make flourless pancakes. I do not know what that means to you, but these are mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, and baking powder.

Peanut butter pancakes are a pain because they don't stay together very well. People say all kinds of bad things about white flour, but you must admit that as a construction material it is unparalleled.

Bananas, though? Who thought that was a good idea?!

So, I resorted to the two-pan method, which as you know involves flipping the pancake into a second pan.

They didn't taste like pancakes, but they didn't really taste like bananas, either. My brother seemed to like them well enough, but vast quantities of pancake syrup are the great equalizer.

However, bananas have never earned a reputation for being absorbent for a good reason.

It definitely took longer to peel 6 bananas than measure flour, and despite a great deal of mashing, the batter was still lumpy, but that didn't seem like an issue with the pancakes, or at least the other issues successfully distracted from them.

My brother ate the four that I made him, but I do not have any idea how to find out whether or not he actually liked them. Make one batch, a batch of Bisquick pancakes, and have him serve himself?

I don't have any idea. I don't want him eating anything that he doesn't like, but if he likes them...

I left one for Mom and she liked it, so I guess that I will be making more.

I had to wonder, though, what about banana flour?

It seems like they make flour from everything nowadays. Have you guys heard of cricket flour?

For some reason they make flour from green bananas. Why green ones? It is denser than wheat flour. They say to use 1/4 less than recipes call for when substituting for the normal stuff.

Do any of you have a good peanut butter pancake recipe? Would you try out a flourless banana pancake recipe? Would you try banana [or cricket] flour?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	122114225_10224972451202587_7900945268256867876_o.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	29431  

Old 10-25-2020, 09:56 PM   #586 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,392 Times in 3,366 Posts
Everything in moderation.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 10-26-2020, 12:37 AM   #587 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlethargic
How so?
I provided a link.
Quote:
Anyway, I am off-topic. We were discussing peanut butter.
We appreciate your laser-like focus.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 01:30 AM   #588 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Claiming that the Constitution protects anything seems very abstract.

Old 10-26-2020, 02:50 AM   #589 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

It's an actual physical artifact. On parchment — only the draft copies were on hemp paper.

But it is also an idea, like Antifa only much more powerful.

Old 10-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #590 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thee Holey Constitution is more of a religious document and idea than The Holy Aerodynamic Streamlining Template. I highly doubt 'the three' can handle an 'objective' discussion about the constitution.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread