Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #351 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
Yes I understand the situation, but I do not think that would compete with the torque, because this software without OBD2 does not work, whereas this system premite work with older cars, which are those that do not have any indication of consumption.
Good point! Perhaps at some point in the future, I will look into adding Bluetooth/Android support. At the very least, I can support somebody else wanting to add this.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #352 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Newest release of the code is now available. Fuel cost, fuel remaining cost, distance per unit fuel cost, fuel cost per unit distance, and fuel cost rate have been added as display values. Big distance-to-empty has been added for instant, current, and tank trips. k/h and L100 tweaks have been made. The code internals have been substantially modified to allow for easier future code additions. The screen editor has been modified to take advantage of the newer spiffy labels.

To enter the screen editor, press and hold the left and right buttons at the same time. The item being currently edited will start blinking at a regular rate, while everything else will not blink. Use the left and right buttons to select the item to edit. To change the value of the item being edited, press the center button. Press and hold the center button to save all changes into EEPROM. Press the left and right buttons to go back to the main display without saving. Press and hold the left and right buttons to revert back to saved EEPROM settings.

Going from left to right, the available items to edit are:
  • The trip type for the left-upper display value, then
  • The function for the left-upper display value, then
  • The trip type for the right-upper display value, then
  • The function for the right-upper display value, then
  • The trip type for the left-lower display value, then
  • The function for the left-lower display value, then
  • The trip type for the right-lower display value, then
  • The function for the right-lower display value

The available trip types for the display values are:
  • Instant trip
  • Current trip
  • Tank trip
  • EOC trip
  • Idle trip

The available functions for the display values are:
  • Fuel Used
  • Fuel Usage Rate
  • Engine Run Time
  • Time To Empty
  • Distance
  • Speed
  • Motion Time
  • Fuel Economy
  • Remaining Fuel
  • Distance To Empty
  • Engine Speed
  • Injector Open Time in microseconds
  • Injector Total Time in microseconds
  • VSS Total Time in microseconds
  • Injector Pulse Count
  • VSS Pulse Count
  • Fuel Cost
  • Fuel Rate Cost
  • Fuel Cost per Unit Distance
  • Distance per Unit Fuel Cost
  • Fuel Cost Remaining

In addition, the following additional functions for display values are allowed, depending on the desired hardware configuration. However, they do not belong to any particular trip type, so the trip type is ignored for these functions:
  • Analog channel 0
  • Analog channel 1
  • Analog channel 2 (Tinkerkit! or 5-button configurations only)
  • Analog channel 3 (5-button configurations only)
  • Analog channel 4 (5-button configurations only)
  • MAP pressure channel 0
  • MAP pressure channel 1
  • MAP pressure channel 2
  • MAP pressure channel 3
  • MAP pressure correction factor

Last edited by t vago; 05-12-2014 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: added fuel cost per unit distance, and distance per unit fuel cost
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
Felar (05-13-2014), josemapiro (05-13-2014), Quezacotl (05-13-2014), stewie (05-12-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #353 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi t vago
I've been testing the new code and is not working, with nothing turned on it displays values ​​as if running.
This image is MPGuino with nothing on.

What is the problem only happens in this version the previous works.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Old 05-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #354 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Ooops - heh. It has the debug values enabled. I just posted the corrected code.
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
josemapiro (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #355 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Ok now I uploaded the code and seems to be right but only tomorrow will I be able to check.
But when I went to upload the code has a compile error that only disappeared when I disabled (# define useChryslerMAPCorrection true) and not the use I have no problem but there must be some mistake in this part of the code.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
Old 05-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #356 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I've been checking the error only happens if disabled (# define ArduinoMega2560 true) with (# define useChryslerMAPCorrection true) active, if you enable (# define ArduinoMega2560 true) already fails to make the mistake.

has error
//#Define true useChryslerMAPCorrection
#Define true useChryslerMAPCorrection

no error

no error

the error is:c:/program files/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr6/crtm2560.o: In function `__vector_default':
(.vectors+0x4): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `__vector_1' defined in .text.__vector_1 section in sketch_may13a.cpp.o

Thank you
José Rodrigues
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
stewie (05-13-2014), t vago (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #357 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
I've been checking the error only happens if disabled (# define ArduinoMega2560 true) with (# define useChryslerMAPCorrection true) active, if you enable (# define ArduinoMega2560 true) already fails to make the mistake.

has error
//#Define true ArduinoMega2560 (corrected)

no error
//#Define true ArduinoMega2560 (corrected)

no error
#Define true ArduinoMega2560 (corrected)

the error is:c:/program files/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr6/crtm2560.o: In function `__vector_default':
(.vectors+0x4): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol `__vector_1' defined in .text.__vector_1 section in sketch_may13a.cpp.o
This issue appears to be related to the Arduino compiler itself. Apparently, there's some sort of updated toolchain, available at the bottom of this bug report: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/1071

I have not myself been able to duplicate the issue, but I am using a stable form of the Arduino IDE.
The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
josemapiro (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #358 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Milano Red VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)
tvago thank you so much on your hard work again on the code. The programmer has arrived today so i will pick it up today. I have jellybean board with atmel 328 chip. Which code you think i should try first. 191 or 192. I see error relating to 2560 board which i don't have, What version of Arduino IDE are you using? 1.05? The one you referred as stable?
Old 05-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #359 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
This issue appears to be related to the Arduino compiler itself. Apparently, there's some sort of updated toolchain, available at the bottom of this bug report: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/1071

I have not myself been able to duplicate the issue, but I am using a stable form of the Arduino IDE.
Okay, maybe this is wrong, I'll install a newer version may have the problem solved.

Quote:
tvago thank you so much on your hard work again on the code. The programmer has arrived today so i will pick it up today. I have jellybean board with atmel 328 chip. Which code you think i should try first. 191 or 192. I see error relating to 2560 board which i don't have, What version of Arduino IDE are you using? 1.05? The one you referred as stable?
You can use the latest version because the error is perhaps the compiler, but also does not affect most people, I have to run smoothly.
The error does not affect me, just communicated that can be solved, but it seems the problem is in the compiler.
Test without fear and let here your opinion.

Thank you
José Rodrigues
The Following User Says Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
stewie (05-15-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #360 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Milano Red VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)
Hi. Tvago, Jose and guys. So my avr programmer has arrived. I installed usb drivers from the website, programmer software itself and of course Anduino 1.0.5-r2.
I opened new scatch with defult name. All driver installed correctly. I checked.

AVR programer is on Com port 4 and AVR prgorammer TTL come port 5. I changed in settings to change to Com port 4 and tried 5 as well. Not sure which one to point Anduino to but tried both.

Programmer is set to AVR ISP but i also tried AVRISP mkII

Board is set to Arduino Duemilanove w/ AT mega 328
(I have Jellybean board with ATmega 328 chip)

Copied and pasted 191 code into scatch. Connected programmer to ISP port on jellybean guino board and clicked on upload.
It went 90% in and completed but on the bottom gave me completion log

Binary sketch size: 20,814 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

And nothing changed on mpguino. Still has 0.86 code in there. I pulled positive cable to reboot Guino after code upload and put it back in. Still 0.86 code.

Few questions. I'm not sure my settings are correct. Also not sure if MPGuino should be connected to car battery power source. It was in my case. Also when ISP cable gets plugged in should LCD screen be flashing or just show normal mpguino 0.86 code operation? I tried all configurations btw for 30 min and code did not upload to chip. Also if i want to pull current code and save it to file just in case what are the steps.
My settings are not correct or i'm doing something wrong ??? :/

Reply  Post New Thread