Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now
 


Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #51 (permalink)
herp derp Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 1,049

Saturn-sold - '99 saturn sc1
Team Saturn
90 day: 28.28 mpg (US)

Yukon - '03 GMC Yukon Denali
90 day: 13.74 mpg (US)
Thanks: 43
Thanked 331 Times in 233 Posts
rusty, my initial feeling was that he wasn't interested in a discussion.

  Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2000mc For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (08-15-2014), pgfpro (08-15-2014), RustyLugNut (08-15-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 08-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #52 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 944
Thanks: 235
Thanked 344 Times in 240 Posts
This makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
Air and fuel mixes are relative in that an air filter sets the maximum air into the engine.

Instead of being all air and adding gas for loads, vapor running would be more "all gas" and restricting air for loads. Either way
You need to expand on the statement to clarify the idea.

You are restricting the air and replacing it with gas vapors? The advantage of the wide flammability range of hot vapors is the ability of an engine to ingest it's full compliment of air at every stroke to do away with the pumping losses associated with a throttle valve - much like a diesel. Why run the engine "rich" with excess vapors? This would be wasteful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #53 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 944
Thanks: 235
Thanked 344 Times in 240 Posts
Are you going down this route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
Why don't you answer to his specifics? If you can't answer, simply say , "good question, I will have to find out".

If you are going to be an experimenter/inventor, you must have a thick skin and a level headed disposition with clarity of thought. Otherwise, you will come across as a child in play - which right now, you do.


You tool. There wasn't even a question.

Next.
Do you know what a rhetorical question is?

And . . . I am a tool - a tool for interfacing ideas that result in action.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 944
Thanks: 235
Thanked 344 Times in 240 Posts
Still . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000mc View Post
rusty, my initial feeling was that he wasn't interested in a discussion.
. . . everyone deserves the right to tie the rope they hang on.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (08-15-2014)
Old 08-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #55 (permalink)
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: northwest
Posts: 20
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
there are people who get paid to work on cars, and then there are mechanics.there are people who get paid to put hamburgers together at a fast food restaurant, but they are not chefs. Do you see where I'm going with this?

there are people who say they want excellent gas mileage, but they're too afraid to pull their head out of the little box they live in because their fragile minds and ego don't want to admit that they could possibly be wrong about something
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #56 (permalink)
(:
 
Frank Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: up north
Posts: 12,761

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanks: 1,585
Thanked 3,546 Times in 2,215 Posts
There are people who are so full of **** their eyes are brown. You are one of them.
__________________



Last edited by Frank Lee; 08-16-2014 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: fixed it
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #57 (permalink)
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: northwest
Posts: 20
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
There are people who are so full of **** their eyes are brown. You seem to be one of them.
why because I don't have a problem telling a f****** idiot he's a f****** idiot?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #58 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 944
Thanks: 235
Thanked 344 Times in 240 Posts
Then show us how we are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
there are people who get paid to work on cars, and then there are mechanics.there are people who get paid to put hamburgers together at a fast food restaurant, but they are not chefs. Do you see where I'm going with this?

there are people who say they want excellent gas mileage, but they're too afraid to pull their head out of the little box they live in because their fragile minds and ego don't want to admit that they could possibly be wrong about something
Don't just talk. Outline your plan and move forward describing your thoughts and theories and what your build will entail. Post pictures - people always like pictures. Give progress reports and setbacks. Be willing to take advice and make changes. Keep at it. Don't give up. Look at some of the builds that are ongoing on this forum. Most will span years. People will give you your due - even if begrudgingly - if you execute.

One thing I have noticed about people with tremendous ideas is, they often fail because they get lazy. They don't see their ideas through. Don't be one of them.

Look to Neil Blanchard's threads on construction of his ultra slick and light weight people mover as he has gone through the ups and downs of making his own CNC machine, a caved in workshop roof and all the sanding - lots of sanding.

Look through Old Mech's aero-trike build with his thoughtful execution of proven as well as innovative ideas.

Look at pgfpro's build thread for his turbo charged, high turbulence, extended lean burn engine that allows him 40+ mpg and a winning capability at the drag strip while showing off his fabrication skills.

Look in on young Dustyfirewalker's build thread as he attempts to run his truck on heavy fuels while making it all kick-ass, between class - as he finishes his engineering degree.

These builds, as well as others that are no less ambitious, show how to silence your detractors - get out there and do it.

Just keep coming back with more updates.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Not banned yet
 
deejaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas Coast, close to Houston
Posts: 880

getto - '02 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI
90 day: 53.82 mpg (US)
Thanks: 413
Thanked 258 Times in 206 Posts
barf

what i want to do after reading the troll SC's post. what a waste of bandwidth!
__________________
FOR SALE: 02 TDI Jetta- 5 sp: Cooper CS5 at 50 psi, UltraGauge, ventectomy, rear air shocks, mufflerectomy, LED plate light, upper fiberglass grille block, front lower pan, front fairing.
93 Chevy CrewCab 6.5 TurboDiesel, GearVendor OverDrive, 4L80 w/ TCI controls. Now DailyDriver

  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deejaaa For This Useful Post:
soulcrusher (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014, 12:47 AM   #60 (permalink)
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: northwest
Posts: 20
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
Don't just talk. Outline your plan and move forward describing your thoughts and theories and what your build will entail. Post pictures - people always like pictures. Give progress reports and setbacks. Be willing to take advice and make changes. Keep at it. Don't give up. Look at some of the builds that are ongoing on this forum. Most will span years. People will give you your due - even if begrudgingly - if you execute.

One thing I have noticed about people with tremendous ideas is, they often fail because they get lazy. They don't see their ideas through. Don't be one of them.

Look to Neil Blanchard's threads on construction of his ultra slick and light weight people mover as he has gone through the ups and downs of making his own CNC machine, a caved in workshop roof and all the sanding - lots of sanding.

Look through Old Mech's aero-trike build with his thoughtful execution of proven as well as innovative ideas.

Look at pgfpro's build thread for his turbo charged, high turbulence, extended lean burn engine that allows him 40+ mpg and a winning capability at the drag strip while showing off his fabrication skills.

Look in on young Dustyfirewalker's build thread as he attempts to run his truck on heavy fuels while making it all kick-ass, between class - as he finishes his engineering degree.

These builds, as well as others that are no less ambitious, show how to silence your detractors - get out there and do it.

Just keep coming back with more updates.

Finally. Thank you for the reply I was looking for. It's a numbers game. So yes pics. I used a powerade bottle with a rag to regulate air flow to see if the engine could even run. It did. Pics of the valve controlling fuel vapor from the top of the gas tank and a direct air pipe to the manifold. As I learned to lean low idle torque with my thumb I learned how leanest mixes progress to richer when power is needed. Pics I don't have because of evening and had much more power coming was from my bubbler that I made from a gas can and ran into my intake not using my fuel tank vapor and had much more power. I can in either case control air mix with my thumb over the air tube slowly opening the hole as I open the main engine throttle body. Very proportional I found. Not having 3 hands I used a long funnel and pushed with my stomach on that to the throttle link as I balanced fuel in one hand with the valve and air in the left by thumb. Idle needed a pinhole sized air intake since air was carrying the fuel vapor into the other tube from the bubbler. Calling for load with the ac on max and fan on max with lights on needed the stock throttle open more and less thumb over the 7/8" air tube. Obviously I need an air throttle body after maf and air temp sensor manually linked to the stock throttle body to also proportionally add air witb throttle. Being a frugal I decided to make a throttle body from a can of garbonzo beans.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140815_211914_resized_resized.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	15553   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140815_211909_resized_resized.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	15554   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140815_193850-1_resized.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	15555  
  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com