Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: paris
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Voltage fluctuation problem !

Hello,

Newbie in the fabulous world of eccomoder, and MPGuino, I would like to ask some help.

Last Week I bought a MPGuino for my 1998' Fiat Punto 55s 1.1L SPI. I install it. But there is a problem: On each display , speed, L/KM , Volt , there is a significant variation in the values displayed (~+10% - 10% every ~5s) . Then I try to only read the Voltage (engine and ignition Off) and there is still a lot of fluctuation.

The second problem is that the L/H is only shown in idle. If I accelerate very slowly , the value increases normally (but with the same fluctuations) , but at midrange , it reboot . If I accelerated faster (usually done while driving ) , the screen freezes , and I need to unplug and plug again to reactivate

I have some video on youtube to explain that, but, as a newbie, i'm not able to show it to you !!!


Sorry for my bad english writing ! and thank you...

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 11-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter
 
t vago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 1,766

The Karen-Mobile - '05 Dodge Magnum SXT
Team Dodge
90 day: 26.72 mpg (US)

Fiat Dakota - '00 Dodge Dakota SLT RWD Quad Cab
90 day: 16.67 mpg (US)

The Red Sled - '01 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD
90 day: 16.96 mpg (US)
Thanks: 799
Thanked 681 Times in 437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malko05 View Post
Hello,

Newbie in the fabulous world of eccomoder, and MPGuino, I would like to ask some help.

Last Week I bought a MPGuino for my 1998' Fiat Punto 55s 1.1L SPI. I install it. But there is a problem: On each display , speed, L/KM , Volt , there is a significant variation in the values displayed (~+10% - 10% every ~5s) . Then I try to only read the Voltage (engine and ignition Off) and there is still a lot of fluctuation.

The second problem is that the L/H is only shown in idle. If I accelerate very slowly , the value increases normally (but with the same fluctuations) , but at midrange , it reboot . If I accelerated faster (usually done while driving ) , the screen freezes , and I need to unplug and plug again to reactivate

I have some video on youtube to explain that, but, as a newbie, i'm not able to show it to you !!!


Sorry for my bad english writing ! and thank you...
You can post the rest of the YouTube link, after the "=" sign, to show us.

What code version of MPGuino are you using?
__________________
The Fiat Dakota


The Karen-mobile


The Red Sled
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: paris
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello,

Version is 0.97m

here is the part of the link :

watch?v=UE6MxPAy03M
watch?v=YhhscWJ7Lts

I don't understand why every 5 seconds, the value (Speed, L/H, or whatelse) is going up, then down, the stable....). It is the same with the voltage only (engine and ignition off).

Other issue is the fuel flow freeze and reboot !!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter
 
t vago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 1,766

The Karen-Mobile - '05 Dodge Magnum SXT
Team Dodge
90 day: 26.72 mpg (US)

Fiat Dakota - '00 Dodge Dakota SLT RWD Quad Cab
90 day: 16.67 mpg (US)

The Red Sled - '01 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD
90 day: 16.96 mpg (US)
Thanks: 799
Thanked 681 Times in 437 Posts



This appears to be a meelis11 MPGuino. You should PM him - he is a member here.

It's possible you have a defective unit, especially as your voltage value keeps moving around, while your multimeter voltage remains steady.

Edit: You might also want to check your electrical connector.
__________________
The Fiat Dakota


The Karen-mobile


The Red Sled

Last edited by t vago; 11-06-2013 at 09:42 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: paris
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello, and thank you for your help.

Yes, it is Meelis the seller. I contacted him, he suggest to solder contact to avoid the reboot.

It seems unusual to have regular fluctuations (every 4 ~ 5 sec) on all values ​​at the same time. no ?

Other owners can tell me if they have these fluctuations, or I'm the only one. On other MPGuino youtube video, I see that the values ​​are stable.

Also, what is a "normal"percentage of the CPU ?
With only the +12 v and ground connected, I'm 77%? Is this normal ?

Thank you
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter
 
t vago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 1,766

The Karen-Mobile - '05 Dodge Magnum SXT
Team Dodge
90 day: 26.72 mpg (US)

Fiat Dakota - '00 Dodge Dakota SLT RWD Quad Cab
90 day: 16.67 mpg (US)

The Red Sled - '01 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD
90 day: 16.96 mpg (US)
Thanks: 799
Thanked 681 Times in 437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malko05 View Post
It seems unusual to have regular fluctuations (every 4 ~ 5 sec) on all values ​​at the same time. no ?
Loose electrical connections will cause all sorts of problems. You should solder your contacts (and also where you tapped your wires into your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko05 View Post
Also, what is a "normal"percentage of the CPU ?
With only the +12 v and ground connected, I'm 77%? Is this normal ?
I could not tell you whether it is normal or not, as I do not have access to meelis11's customizations. My own modifications consume anywhere between 6% to 38% of the available CPU, depending on what is being displayed.

__________________
The Fiat Dakota


The Karen-mobile


The Red Sled
  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com