Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Voltage fluctuation problem !

Hello,

Newbie in the fabulous world of eccomoder, and MPGuino, I would like to ask some help.

Last Week I bought a MPGuino for my 1998' Fiat Punto 55s 1.1L SPI. I install it. But there is a problem: On each display , speed, L/KM , Volt , there is a significant variation in the values displayed (~+10% - 10% every ~5s) . Then I try to only read the Voltage (engine and ignition Off) and there is still a lot of fluctuation.

The second problem is that the L/H is only shown in idle. If I accelerate very slowly , the value increases normally (but with the same fluctuations) , but at midrange , it reboot . If I accelerated faster (usually done while driving ) , the screen freezes , and I need to unplug and plug again to reactivate

I have some video on youtube to explain that, but, as a newbie, i'm not able to show it to you !!!

Sorry for my bad english writing ! and thank you...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by malko05 View Post
Hello,

Newbie in the fabulous world of eccomoder, and MPGuino, I would like to ask some help.

Last Week I bought a MPGuino for my 1998' Fiat Punto 55s 1.1L SPI. I install it. But there is a problem: On each display , speed, L/KM , Volt , there is a significant variation in the values displayed (~+10% - 10% every ~5s) . Then I try to only read the Voltage (engine and ignition Off) and there is still a lot of fluctuation.

The second problem is that the L/H is only shown in idle. If I accelerate very slowly , the value increases normally (but with the same fluctuations) , but at midrange , it reboot . If I accelerated faster (usually done while driving ) , the screen freezes , and I need to unplug and plug again to reactivate

I have some video on youtube to explain that, but, as a newbie, i'm not able to show it to you !!!

Sorry for my bad english writing ! and thank you...
You can post the rest of the YouTube link, after the "=" sign, to show us.

What code version of MPGuino are you using?
Old 11-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello,

Version is 0.97m

here is the part of the link :

watch?v=UE6MxPAy03M
watch?v=YhhscWJ7Lts

I don't understand why every 5 seconds, the value (Speed, L/H, or whatelse) is going up, then down, the stable....). It is the same with the voltage only (engine and ignition off).

Other issue is the fuel flow freeze and reboot !!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

This appears to be a meelis11 MPGuino. You should PM him - he is a member here.

It's possible you have a defective unit, especially as your voltage value keeps moving around, while your multimeter voltage remains steady.

Edit: You might also want to check your electrical connector.

Last edited by t vago; 11-06-2013 at 08:42 PM..
Old 11-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello, and thank you for your help.

Yes, it is Meelis the seller. I contacted him, he suggest to solder contact to avoid the reboot.

It seems unusual to have regular fluctuations (every 4 ~ 5 sec) on all values ​​at the same time. no ?

Other owners can tell me if they have these fluctuations, or I'm the only one. On other MPGuino youtube video, I see that the values ​​are stable.

Also, what is a "normal"percentage of the CPU ?
With only the +12 v and ground connected, I'm 77%? Is this normal ?

Thank you
Old 11-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

Quote:
It seems unusual to have regular fluctuations (every 4 ~ 5 sec) on all values ​​at the same time. no ?
Loose electrical connections will cause all sorts of problems. You should solder your contacts (and also where you tapped your wires into your vehicle.

Quote:
Also, what is a "normal"percentage of the CPU ?
With only the +12 v and ground connected, I'm 77%? Is this normal ?
I could not tell you whether it is normal or not, as I do not have access to meelis11's customizations. My own modifications consume anywhere between 6% to 38% of the available CPU, depending on what is being displayed.

Reply  Post New Thread