Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #321 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
I've been following this thread since day one, and I don't think I ever answered the question.

BA in Mass Communication from Carleton University (Ottawa) Journalism School... I've been self-semi-unemployed most of the time before & since. Mostly: web site development, which sprung from the combination of being a computer nerd from a young age plus fascination with the intertubes, to which I was exposed at Carleton just before it entered the public realm.

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #322 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

CRex - '87 Honda CRX Si r
90 day: 34 mpg (US)

Taurazz - '05 Ford Taurus
90 day: 23.38 mpg (US)

HF ecomod cheater - '86 Honda Crx HF
Field service Engineer in the Semiconductor Industry. We sell microchip-making equipment and I'm the guy who installs/fixes them. Have an AA in electronics and am trying to remember everything I haven't used and forgot. Also been a kinda mechanic all my life- hoping to learn and put it to good use here.....
Old 04-14-2010, 01:47 AM   #323 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Flowbench cylinder head porting,carburetor rebuilder/modifier,rotisory car restorations,custom bodywork and paint,custom fabrications in sheetmetal or fibreglass.Currently designing and building a high efficiency three wheeled car.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:29 AM   #324 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Mirage - '93 Mitsubishi Mirage ES
90 day: 41.92 mpg (US)
I'm an entrepreneur/author/speaker/marketing consultant/investor/daddy.

If you need business help, I'm your guy. =)
Old 04-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #325 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

ghost's gocart - '97 honda civic cx
Hi I've been lurking here for a week or so now and finally decided to register. I'm a former US army soldier, former aircraft structural mechanic (in other words chopper body man), former industrial model maker(show me a drawing I'll show it to you IRL) and currently a CNC machinist (vertical mill and 4 axis lathe).I'm also a serious computer gamer in my off time sadly it's not my full time profession. cheers!-gw

P.S lol forgot side jobs bouncer, framework and drywall, and building the occasional custom thingy for friends
Old 05-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #326 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mazda5 - '12 Mazda 5
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)

Big D - '11 Dodge Durango Crew
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
I grew up in my Dad's welding and fabrication shop. I learned to weld aluminum, mild steel and stainless as well as how to cut, bend, etc it.

I enlisted in the Navy in 1999 as a helicopter crewman and rescue swimmer. I was recently accepted into a program where I went to college and was commissioned as an officer. I am now waiting to start flight school.

I found this forum after I got rid of my truck. I loved it, but got so sick of paying for it and the gas it used. I traded it in, a 2009 Dodge Ram crew cab 4x4 that averaged about 14 mpg in the 17,000 miles I owned it. I now have a no-power 2009 Versa S 6mt. Sure, there are cars that get better mileage, but the Versa is reliable and cost less then 10,900$ new.

I am getting a Scangauge in the mail soon and am going to start with some aero mods first. I have some ideas I might try out.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #327 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I grew up with the attitude that it was possible to be a jack of all trades and a master of most. I've been able to achieve this goal with most things that interest me, but after the birth of my two boys, I decided that I'd rather not spend 8-10 hours after the typical work day engrossed in my projects. In hind sight, this was a major killer to anything called a social life.

My day job is working for a major technology manufacture solving communication network related problems. Prior to that I was a consultant's consultant for about 16 years. Basically, I solved the types of technical problems that other professionals had given up trying to solve. Beyond that, I enjoy metal work, fabrication, diesel tuning, home improvement and spending time with my wife of 10 years and our 4 and 5 year old boys. In my line of work, anything I can get my hands into is a way to relieve stress. So, I’ve got no shortage of hobbies.

My introduction into looking for better economy was when I commuted 250 miles between work and spending time with my GF, now wife. Making the trip in a 4x4 Dodge Dakota at 12MPG prompted me to ditch it in favor of a VW TDI Beetle, which brought me up to a solid 35+ MPG with as much pedal punishment as I could muster. After my lease was up, the diesel bug stuck and I’ve been dreaming of ways to put it to use.

On top of that my dad introduced me to wrenching on British race cars back in the 70s and I spent my teenage years playing with Buick GNs, and in my adult years, almost everything I own is now a diesel 4x4.

As you can tell from this post and most of my others, I don't mind brain dumping.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #328 (permalink)
TechStuf

Howdo

I've been 'Ecomodding' in one way or another since I was 12 yrs old. Always looking to go farther, faster, higher, and for less cost.

I've 'peaked around the bend' enough to know that what is just over the horizon will shake the table scraps of man's current knowledge of nature and his interaction with it like the droplets flying off a wet dog.

Glad to make your collective acquaintance.

TS
Old 05-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #329 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechStuf View Post
I've been 'Ecomodding' in one way or another since I was 12 yrs old. Always looking to go farther, faster, higher, and for less cost.

I've 'peaked around the bend' enough to know that what is just over the horizon will shake the table scraps of man's current knowledge of nature and his interaction with it like the droplets flying off a wet dog.

Glad to make your collective acquaintance.

TS
Very nicely stated; likewise.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #330 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have done everything, but now I run multiple online stores, web design company and an online advertising company.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
haarlem, http://www.ugg-mall.com, lightyear