Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Intermediate EcoDriver

Trigger - '07 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Coupe
Team Mustang
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.76 mpg (US)

Big Red (retired) - '89 Ford F-250 4wd Custom
90 day: 18.13 mpg (US)

Big Red II - '13 Ford F-150 FX4
Pickups
90 day: 19.61 mpg (US)
A co-worker told me that balls of aluminum foil inside your hubcaps will jam police radar.
I'd bet fuel line magnets would work just as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguitarguy View Post
Just 'cuz you can't do it, don't mean it can't be done...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
The presence of traffic is the single most complicating factor of hypermiling. I know what I'm going to do, it's contending with whatever the hell all these other people are going to do that makes things hard.
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Design a car that is shaped like the Stealth Fighter, and you're good to go. The whole purpose of the design is not to jam Radar, just to avoid it altogether.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Driving the TurboWeasel

That Veil stuff is supposed to work quite well at making your Valentine more than a "ticket indicator" when you're hit by laser.

There are a few hills near my folk's house in NY that are perfect for EOC (ICE-On coasting for my car). A V1 would go well there.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
You all have never been on the radardetector.net forums I take it.

I was very much out numbered over there when I used my handle JAMMER and posted that I did not feel laser jammers were worth their money, it would not be too long that state by state they outlaw the things, AND they already have the technology on some British made laser guns to detect when a car is scrambling them. Not to mention a standard Cam Filter for Night vision or an infra-red filter should show the jamming signal clearly, if they just make an effort to stop the fastest cars on the interstates. It's a miracle the guys posting their videos were not killed. One motor cycle driver (Ninja bike) was going 185 in heavy traffic and actually drove between the cars on a California highway and went buy an officer at a speed trap so fast the cop did not seem to even see him- He made a video of it and it's on youtube and radardetector.net.

Believe me, with Laser the cop has to be stationary, often parked on an over pass with the gun either on a tripod with chaser cars ready, or they use a very small gun and rest it on something to keep it's balance. It is impossible to get a correct reading, or anything close even, by using a laser gun while a car is being drove- thus the reason radar is still so popular.

On the site radardetector.net it's administrator is an ex cop that tests radar detectors often and he runs the site. The die hard members of that sight are hard core speeders, some with expensive Corvette ZR1s and what not. They post live VIDEOS on that site, and on You tube, showing drivers of cars speeding around 90-100 miles per hour when their Valentine One's laser alarm goes off which triggers a wire-feed to the actual Scrambler's brain which then sends out the optical signal through a couple of optical lens placed directly in the front bumper- at least that is the "in" thing today with speeders. Many feel there is never enough reaction time to pickup laser and slow down- I beg to differ. Every test I have seen shows the Valentine One has by far the most sensitive laser detector of anything on the market (I'm not just bragging, that was a major reason I bought it), and I have already had experiences in my past in which my detector picked up the laser being aimed at cars to the front of me on I75- It really can be done but 99% of the radar/laser detectors on the market will only alert at the exact moment you are being clocked- NO WARNING TIME.

On radardetector.net their members posts videos on states that have heavy use of laser guns and it shows how fast they get hit by laser until they pass the police, about 1000 feet with a V1. So most serious speeders (normally younger guys) have that Veil spray on their front plate, if they must have a front plate, also some change their front plate to a WRONG PLATE to fool the cams..... Then their detector goes off on laser which directly triggers the scrambler and the police officer normally can not get a lock on the car (a common problem with laser guns is they do not always lock in on the car they aim at) I AM AGAINST LEGAL LASER JAMMERS- THEY ARE HIGHLY EFFECTIVE and thus they allow all of the speed racers in states that are using mostly laser guns to get away with it as their video cam mounted in the passenger head-rest video-records everything. They think it's funny to brag and how their videos of all of the laser traps they got away with speeding and fooled the police.

Last note: Police aim their laser beam at the front license plate if their is one. If your lucky to live in a state like Kentucky which only wants the REAR plate # visible, then by removing any front plate OR my putting a plastic one there will buy a little time for the police to lock in. No plate= aiming the tiny beam at the headlights to get a good reflection back. The color of a car, and the amount of plastic in the body can also make a big difference in the ability of the police to lock in on your car with a laser gun. Radar is not dead by a long shot, but laser is becoming more and more popular.

Most states have no laws against laser jammers, and I believe the interstates would be safer if we could get a federal ban on the devices. Just go to radardetector.net and/or Youtube for Laser Scramblers and take a look at their videos. These devices work too well against laser and if they are not outlawed the police can only write out tickets for anything else they can find, as they sometimes suspect jammers being used, but can not always locate where the optical lenses are.

Last edited by Jammer; 10-07-2009 at 01:45 AM..
Old 10-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Impound the car, strip it, and say "Sorry, we didn't find anything, here's your car in pieces."

A major problem is that often, especially on bikes, cops simply won't chase you if you're going fast enough. They just figure you're going to kill yourself anyway, and it's not worth risking their own life and the lives of others on the road (moreso than what you're already risking yourself) by chasing you.

The general consensus around here of all the cops I know seems to be sustained speeds in excess of 130 MPH. I guess they just can't hang.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post
I remember about my cheap radar detector going off when parking near stores. Probably the store's antitheft system or something operating on similar frequencies. (IIRC, it was always on the Ka band.)

Or what about a laser decoy? Might it be as simple as pulsing an infrared laser from an old CD burner to mimic a laser unit?
I'm an electronics major, for what good it does me. I believe the fastest way of stopping speeders from blowing your doors off would be a triggered instant on/of laser gun that you could plug into your 12 volt socket. It would NOT give a correct speed, but I bet it sure would have people hitting their brakes fast! But laser guns still cost maybe more than $2,000. Check online for kits that may do what you wish. It very well may already in kit form and all you would need to do is solider the parts on to the printed circuit board. All you might have to drill 1/16th holes into the board too and solider the parts based on the instructions. Then buy or make a case for it.

Your on to a good idea. As the READ LED TAILLIGHTS OF GM cars and trucks DO false alarm a lot of laser detectors- BUT you have to be right next to the lights for it to happen. Also sometimes the sun-set will give a false alarm- these both are very rare false alarms for mine, but nothing raises more hell on a RD than a laser alert- It's a 5-star ALERT. Also old-school NEON SIGNS sometimes set of a laser circuit it it's is within 20 feet of the sign. Yes I believe if you mess around with infra red you could do it. I would consider a common infra red remote control and use your own detector to test it until you can modify the remote control enough to set of a detector from far away. You might could find the formula to make parabolic dishes and by using the remote control parts and a proper made and tuned parabolic dish be able to stop RD speeders from 1/4 a mile away. I believe it is possible. I would think this would be do-able. Nice idea for a project!

If you search on Google you can find small devices that do exactly what you want, but most are sold as KITS only, or have to be imported to America because the FCC declares them not legal. You very well might could find the schematics online for such a device, because many have talked about such an invention for many years- not to mention I have already ran into one broadcasting from the cab of a Semi that set my RD off for almost 2 miles ahead of him. I had past him and based on the arrows, it HAD to be the trucker.

The most legal and effective way of stopping speeders fast would be a gizmos that sets of their laser, and laser is LIGHT and therefor not covered by the FCC. It takes STATE LAWS to stop any kind of tampering with police LASER, even for persona use. State laws vary a lot on this stuff.

Last edited by Jammer; 10-07-2009 at 02:20 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread