Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hot Tamale - '10 Toyota Prius III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Wait wait wait! Why would they talk to me?!
Again, read the book I recommended.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hot Tamale - '10 Toyota Prius III
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I know that my wife is constantly saying how cute or hot other women are on tv...
She's baiting you. She wants to see if you'll agree. Never, ever agree!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patrick For This Useful Post:
Cobb (07-07-2014), ecomodded (07-06-2014), gone-ot (07-06-2014), mcrews (07-06-2014), Xist (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Xist, what is your goal in a relationship?

Companionship or Children? You're 35 now. Lets be realistic.

I did not get married until I was 3 weeks shy of 39 years old. This weekend my wife's oldest daughter and her oldest granddaughter stopped at our house on the way to a fast pitch softball tournament in Virginia Beach. My step grandaughter is a beautiful 17 year old who is very athletic and reminds me of her grandmother (never athletic) who was the same age when I first saw her 50 years ago.

My wife looks like Anette Funicello's sister (for those who remember) and when I first met her I was the snot nosed 13 year old kid with the bb gun next door and she was the beautiful 17 year old next door neighbor who wanted nothing to do with me.

Flash foreward 21 years.

I was single past 38 and had a good time without treating people like crap, but relationships were few and far between. I made good money and fell in love with a gal that was thin, 5'11", with green eyes at 23. I fell badly and she wanted no part of a permanent relationship after being in one that turned into a disaster, burned to bad to open up. Her family loved me as well, might have been a detriment to success. I was an emotional wreck for a very long time and I still remember her address and phone number to this day.

I met my one and only wife at some local pub. I knew who she was, worked on her brothers car a couple of times. We started dating, I moved in with her and we got married at her brothers house with a JP 6 months later.

Flash foreward 25 years. Sometimes it has been rough but we are still together and doing fairly well. We've been very close to separation on several occasions as we are both strong willed people who don't like loosing any argument, no matter how trivial.

Her retirement income is much greater than mine, we have no debt, most of my retirement income is tied up in home equity and she does not want to sell the house or move. I could live in a ten year old motor home out in the country and pocket $250K tax free. She wants to have 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths waiting for her kids to visit a few times a year. I tell her the property taxes we pay annually could put them up in the best motel within a 100 miles.

Not sure what your goal is at 35. If it is not children (want to be a dad at 55?) maybe look for an older woman who is financially secure and not interested in children, but I sure hope you don't end up with on who has hot flashes for a quarter of a century.

regards
Mech
Old 07-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
I recommend cats. Far lower maintenance and as much if not more rewarding.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
She's baiting you. She wants to see if you'll agree. Never, ever agree!
Lol, if you want her to keep sh1t testing you. Or agree and amplify (better choice IMHO).
Old 07-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 60.16 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,602 Posts
From the title, I thought this was going to be a bad joke/LOL thread, which kept me from opening it until now...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, Xist.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:
Xist (06-24-2016)
Old 07-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
Intermediate EcoDriver

Trigger - '07 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Coupe
Team Mustang
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.76 mpg (US)

Big Red (retired) - '89 Ford F-250 4wd Custom
90 day: 18.13 mpg (US)

Big Red II - '13 Ford F-150 FX4
Pickups
90 day: 19.61 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
And their love is unconditional.
I'm "owned" by a cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguitarguy View Post
Just 'cuz you can't do it, don't mean it can't be done...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
The presence of traffic is the single most complicating factor of hypermiling. I know what I'm going to do, it's contending with whatever the hell all these other people are going to do that makes things hard.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I did not follow much of the most recent comments, but JCP, it sounds like your wife is actually secure.
She has actually confessed that she is kind of bi-curious, so I think there are some actual feelings there besides checking out "the competition".

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17
Old 07-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Old Mech, I often think about how I do not know my uncles well, and one already passed away, so there is a lost opportunity. I try to stay close to my nephews and the difference seems to be simply that my uncles had their own families, while I do not. At the moment, I can hardly support myself, so how could I provide for a family? However, at the moment, I do not need to provide for a family, so I am trying to put myself in the best position to do so eventually. I feel that there is more to life than hobbies, many of which are absolute time-wasters. I will never have a hundred billion dollars, so to an extent, that thread was an exercise in futility, and even more frustrating because I feel that I earned a much better grade than I received!

Right now, it really seems that if I floated away into space, the biggest mark that I would have made would have been my posts here, and from time to time, I see an old one, and delete it.

Dad once told me that I would be a good father.

I sure want the opportunity, I just want my kids to have a mother and a father that love them and each other.

My ex-girlfriend is twenty-three. I dated some girls her age before, but they were college graduates, smarter, and more mature--a lot of good that did!

I was not trying to date anyone that young, it just happened. To be honest, I think that early twenties should be mature enough for a relationship, some people just never grow up. It is great when women have careers, although since I am still some time away from having my own, I am more comfortable trying to get to know younger women. I am actually chatting with two women that earned teaching certificates, but decided to not teach. Hey, I am not currently using either of my degrees! I mentioned the younger one, she seems depressed, directionless, and to be gaining weight. The older one works as a classroom aid, but seemed to think there was something wrong with me having roommates at my age, and then I found out that she lived with her parents.

Desiring kids, younger women make more sense, when younger women make any sense at all! Some people act surprised that I am okay dating women that have already been married and\or have kids. I love children and it seems that most people my age have been married at one time or another, but then you have people saying they already have kids, they do not want more. Finally, I feel bad mentioning this, but I want an active wife that takes care of herself. People tend to gain weight as they get older. I do not want a wife that would tell me "I would have gone hiking with you ten years ago."

Frank Lee, I like cats, although I think that I would prefer a dog. I have never had any, but my sister does. I would love to have a dog that woke me up by dropping his leash on me, and that ate flip-flops!

Metro, all of my jokes are bad, although I hope that they are still in good taste.

I have not used the acronym for "laugh out loud" since I was much younger. Saying "Oh my goodness! That was hilarious! Well done!" is far more my style!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Wanting more for less

Metric - '94 Honda Magna 250
Motorcycle
90 day: 69.83 mpg (US)

RedCelica - '94 Toyota Celica ZR
90 day: 35.97 mpg (US)

i30 - '12 Hyundai i30 Elite
90 day: 39.84 mpg (US)

i30-22 - '12 Hyundai i30 Elite
90 day: 39.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
We have five cats, they take up more room in the bed than my wife does ... but they can't cook.

Reply  Post New Thread