Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #351 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Pissed at a father who was walking down the street holding his daughters on the other and a cigarette on the other...and when he puffs you could see some of the smoke hit the kids face and see how she reacts to it

The Following User Says Thank You to Exalta-STA For This Useful Post:
dcb (08-01-2011)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #352 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exalta-STA View Post
Pissed at a father who was walking down the street holding his daughters on the other and a cigarette on the other...and when he puffs you could see some of the smoke hit the kids face and see how she reacts to it
I once read that there is a country (Finland?) where it is illegal to smoke in proximity of a child younger than 16yo. I have no idea how well enforced it is

What pi$$ed me off today was a guy whose 2-3yo daughter was standing on passenger side seat with her elbows propped on the dashboard. The guy was driving around while her head was only 2-3 inches from the windshield!

Second annoyance: I'm biking down a dirt road, and a guy parked his mini-van on the only dry spot next to a huge puddle. So instead of riding through the puddle I got off my bike and squeezed by right next to his car, wondering if he would be worried about my bike scratching his paint. Nope. He was cool as watched me and smoked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybuck View Post
An ex neighbor of mine is pretty proud that he's about 59, and his wife is about 27 now!
My Grandma is 27, and has been since her husband told the kids: "Remember that your Mom will always be 27, no matter how old you are." She gets 27 candles on her birthday cake every year...

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 07-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #353 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

@piwoslaw
I'd hate to imagine the world of hurt that kid is going to be in when her dad suddenly slams on the brakes...

about that guy in the minivan...he is cool since you were cautious...probably waiting for a thud which means you accidentally hit his ride with your bike, then he goes ballistic..
Old 07-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #354 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybuck View Post
An ex neighbor of mine is pretty proud that he's about 59, and his wife is about 27 now!
I've got neighbors like that, except that she's late 60s/early 70s, and he'll be 97 soon. And still gets up on a ladder trimming his trees, too.

The age difference must not have mattered too much, 'cause their kids are in their 40s to early 50s.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #355 (permalink)
wdb
lurker's apprentice

PlainJane - '12 Toyota Tacoma Base 4WD Access Cab
90 day: 20.98 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old redneck View Post
The road goes from 3 lanes to 2 and has for 20+ years but the asshxxxs run down the lane tht ends and forces the traffic to STOP and let them in, except for me. When it's my turn the other jerk can hit the wall for all I care I don't have to yield.
I think a bunch of your relatives must live around these parts.

Around here, people are so hard-nosed about the lane they're in that the state has to intervene. It gets so bad that when the state is doing road work that narrows 2 lanes down to 1 lane, they have to put signs up that say "USE BOTH LANES", because otherwise there will be a 5-mile line of people sitting in one lane, refusing to allow anyone in, and trying to block both lanes so that nobody can use the utterly empty pavement beside them. I have never seen anything quite like it since the lemmings video.

I have been in other places where folks use both lanes right up to the construction area, and then take turns moving into the through lane. Works like a champ.

Maybe the state should just say "single lane ahead" and not say which one. Although I guess that might give the self-appointed lane police an aneurysm, which would raise my insurance and don't get me started on that!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #356 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Re: lane changes

I don't have a problem with being polite about the merging of trafic. It's the ones that get into a lane that is emptying politely and drive like maniacs to get to the furtheris point then push their way in. you ar carefully driving at about 49 and letting the cars tat match your speed in and here comes the rocket powered moron that has to be at the front of the line at 65. And the people that jump in front of people in ques fires me up too. I am 63 next month and have spent too much of my life standing in line to like that. That's one of the reasons I got out of the navy. They offered me 10,000 and advancement and choice of next duty. In 1970 dollars that was a fortune, I earned 1500 that year in the service and after I got out. I could have bought a couple of hemi dodges or a shelby cobra, not ht dolled up mustang one either.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:40 AM   #357 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old redneck View Post
... It's the ones that get into a lane that is emptying politely and drive like maniacs to get to the furtheris point then push their way in...
At least you can spot those and avoid them, the real menaces are those unable to merge at all. Not because of their car but because of their lack of skills.

They bumble down the ramp at the dizzy height of maybe 30 or even 35 miles per hour where the traffic is doing 55 at least, and then they only check the mirrors at the end discover the lane is not completely empty so they come to a screeching stop 3-4 feet from the end of the ramp.

And there they remain, because of course everyone behind is merging around them...
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #358 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

I got passed by motorcyclist, during a downpour and thunderstorm, in a no-passing zone. And the guy has a neon green vest which says 'Drive Safely'

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #359 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Window flags.
I first observed this noisy way of wasting fuel in the US, but it appears to have caught on in the rest of the world. Like many other wasteful things the US exports.

The only window flag that should be allowed is one that will warn other drivers that the owner is mentally/socially handicapped.

The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
Cd (09-01-2011)
Old 08-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #360 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
The only window flag that should be allowed is one that will warn other drivers that the owner is mentally/socially handicapped.
I usually find the one in the first pic does this really really well.