Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
The PRC.

I'm on a total health kick right now, for me this is far more extreme than anything posted here - you are all lightweight losers - jebus. My sweat is stronger than you...

No honest.

This regime has improved my healthy intake of food by 33.333% instantly.

I can leap rain puddles in a single bound.

I can get our of my chair without being breathless.

And the most extreme - I can CHANGE TV CHANNELS WITHOUT THE REMOTE!!!!!

And what is this strict diet of champions ?

I have 2 slices of toast in a morning instead of 3.

Ha - eat that suckers....

(Oh there is something else...

cheers)

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Arragonis,

'kay...

For the record, is "I am lazy" an excuse or an admittance of guilt? I hate feeling like I am making excuses. When I make a mistake and a Sergeant demands to know why I did such an unthinkable thing as only being ten minutes early when that day he wanted me to be fifteen minutes early, even though he himself was actually late, I respond "No excuse."

I know that I messed up. I do not want to waste the Sergeant's time. Let's figure out how to fix this. One million push-ups and I am twenty-five hours early for every formation, even after I am released from the Army?

Let's get started.

Except the invariable result of me saying "No excuse" is the Sergeant becoming more agitated.

Oh well.

So, yes, frustrated that exercising regularly has not shown a noticeable improvement, although I might have lost the amount of weight that I needed to satisfy the Army in that regard.

I am not going to pretend that Slim Fast Protein is the holy grail of nutrition, but as I have mentioned, after a run, I just want to stop being conscious. I am certainly not about to cook breakfast.

One of the other demotivating problems is that my body seems to continue sweating for about an hour and a half after a run. I sit on my sports chair, which has a mesh back, until I feel better, take a "cold" shower, and when I get dressed and try to focus on school, I am still sweating.

For some reason, I really do not want to handle my computer, schoolbooks, etc, until I stop sweating.

Exercise is taking up way too much of my day.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Woah! Hey now! I said:

I ate enough to feel sick, but most of it was still left, and then I ran and threw up. That was five years ago. I hardly ever eat stuff like that and I try to keep the portions small.
Fair enough then, although we might have to define 'small'.

Quote:
As for Gatorade and Kool-Aid, as I mentioned before, I was reserving that conversation for a trained medical professional who will actually listen to me.
But what in them are you not getting in your (sensible) diet? If you are really working hard, a properly formulated sports drink might be absorbed faster than water.

Quote:
I am preparing for a PT test where I will be prohibited from utilizing an iPod.
But you can train with one. If you do so often enough the tracks will play in your head without the actual iPod.

Quote:
I have considered that, but it is usually too warm when I run the first time.
So do what you can. Very few people will overtrain so do so as hard as you can manage.

Quote:
My knees!
OK, so go slowly.

Quote:
I live five blocks from the building where I have most of my classes. It is five stories and one of the highest in the area.
So, you'll have to climb up and down it a couple of times. To give you a target/benchmark, one of my recent climbs was: 37 flights of steps at 3.5m per flight, 82kg, 283 seconds, 368w. That's nothing special so you should be able to beat it.

Quote:
As a Soldier, I can walk into the aid station, tell them that I have difficulty sleeping, and they will throw sleep aids at me. A friend started taking those years ago and she told me to absolutely not ever take them, but supposedly Zzzquil is magical and stuff. If I do not take it, I toss and turn all night. When I fall asleep, I wake up a short time afterward, and I am a wreck the next day. Instead, I use Zzzquil and my life is a wreck.
The thing is, you can be unconscious for the recommended 7-8 hours but what is the quality of your sleep like?

If you've been taking meds or had a disrupted body clock (maybe even PTSD?) it can take some time to reset into a proper rhythm when you come off it or go back to a proper routine. I worked shift work for a while and found it really did mess with my efficiency and clarity of thought. It took months to get back to normal when I stopped doing it.

If you don't want to cook breakfast (that's understandable) after a run, muesli (a good one, natural, without the usual sugar and flavouring or make it in bulk yourself and store it in a plastic container) and milk can't be any harder than opening bottle/packet of Slim Fast. It will be less expensive and better for you. Why not a piece of fruit like an apple or banana instead? Mix it up from day to day.

I find a log/diary of food intake, mood - including stress, motivation, run times - elapsed and time of day you ran, #'s of PU's, SU's etc. helps. Make it as detailed as you want. Maybe for you, include hours slept and sleep and wake times. Look for patterns in what happened when you exercised well or felt motivated.

Arragonis: There is sex and there is sex. Intimate contact and connection with another human being is good. Simple orgasm maybe less so. (The diary/log will help here too.)
Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
After work, I have found I am weaker in my workout after working 9+ hours. What I have recently found is that Instant Oatmeal is extremely cheap, and extremely delicious (relative to the amount of work it takes, and the cost).

I buy Wal Mart brand, and I eat one package about an hour before my workout. It has not given me crazy, explosive mind blowing results- but I am not fatigued after my first warm up set. I am not saying get crazy with carbo loading, just a personal observation.

Oh yea, just rip the package open, and smash. Easy peasy.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
Not Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
After work, I have found I am weaker in my workout after working 9+ hours. What I have recently found is that Instant Oatmeal is extremely cheap, and extremely delicious (relative to the amount of work it takes, and the cost).

I buy Wal Mart brand, and I eat one package about an hour before my workout. It has not given me crazy, explosive mind blowing results- but I am not fatigued after my first warm up set. I am not saying get crazy with carbo loading, just a personal observation.

Oh yea, just rip the package open, and smash. Easy peasy.
As I recall from my anatomy professor, carbo-loading works, but it also causes water retention (or something), so there was debate about the results.

"Warm-up set" sounds like weight lifting, so that would be irrelevant.

I always thought that carbs were loaded the night before, not immediately preceding, like in "The Office"'s "Fun Run."
Old 09-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
The PRC.

I was kidding. Never mind...
Old 09-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

A long time ago

Quote:
As I recall from my anatomy professor, carbo-loading works, but it also causes water retention (or something), so there was debate about the results.

I always thought that carbs were loaded the night before, not immediately preceding, like in "The Office"'s "Fun Run."

We hit triathelon and road racing events sometime 2 a week.
Had a fellah who would not carb load night b4 but guzzle a 12 oz coke about 15 minutes prior. This was his carbo load and it worked well 4 him.
I couldnt do it just the burping while on the bike was too much of a chore.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
Not Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme1969 View Post
We hit triathelon and road racing events sometime 2 a week.
Had a fellah who would not carb load night b4 but guzzle a 12 oz coke about 15 minutes prior. This was his carbo load and it worked well 4 him.
I couldnt do it just the burping while on the bike was too much of a chore.
I often belch when I exercise, but I could not tell you why. I very rarely drink soda.

I went to the supermarket last night to get melatonin and give muesli a try. It seemed like it took me forever to find most of the ingredients for the muesli recipe that I found and when I did, there was a bag of muesli right with everything else!

I looked at it, tried to guess if the end product was more expensive than the ingredients, finally bought it, and came home. I set my alarm for 0530, thought that it would come too soon, and started tossing and turning.

So, I kind of woke up a few times. I thought that it was still dark. Besides, I set my magical mystical alarm clock in shining armor!

After a while I realized that I must not have turned the alarm "On." I do not have any idea how many times I have made that mistake! Why would you ever change the time of an alarm, but not want it to go off?!

I have an appointment on-campus at 09. Right now I am just hoping that my roommate gets out of the shower in time for me to take one.

He has amazing timing!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Quote:

I do it before my 5ks, also. For <$2 to get packets of about ~150 calories, and looking for more energy, it may help. Again, not talking about eating 3lbs of pasta.

You don't have to try it, just something that worked for me.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Not Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I do it before my 5ks, also. For <$2 to get packets of about ~150 calories, and looking for more energy, it may help. Again, not talking about eating 3lbs of pasta.

You don't have to try it, just something that worked for me.
I think that the muesli that I bought was almost five dollars and I ate about one-third of it for breakfast, although there was a time when I went through many 42oz tubs of oatmeal. I had a roommate point out the difference in appearance between normal oats and minute-oats, although I do not have any idea what difference it makes.

But carbohydrates are evil!

He put ham in his oatmeal...

Reply  Post New Thread