Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #361 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Tazzy - '02 Toyota Tazz Sport
90 day: 43 mpg (US)
It looks similar to one demo-ed to us by a guy working for a drives company - it should be usefull. Just make sure the usb side is opto-isolated

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #362 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by javy0311 View Post
Thanks Paul,I guess this is a complicated route to follow without the appropriate knowledge and the advantage for use a "factory made" motor-transmission in the long run can become a nightmare,again sorry for hijack you thread.
I don't have the appropriate knowledge! haha. It's more fun that way. And you can write whatever you want on here! 95% of what I write used to just be about making fun of Oprah, until my wife made me stop, so feel free to write whatever you want!

Edit: Actually, I'm not in charge, but if I were in charge I would say that you can write whatever you want. But if you start to threaten to kill everybody, then I think the moderator will step in. hahaha.

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 09-21-2010 at 01:57 PM..
Old 09-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #363 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

ElectricZX2 - '98 Ford ZX2 Cool Coupe
90 day: 140.91 mpg (US)
Ok. Don't jump all over me but I propose getting away from the cat line for the ac controllers. Since ac systems tend to be more efficient than dc, and can regenerate energy (that would otherwise be heat) from their environment/habitat (environmental factors such as stop lights and slow pokes), I propose we go with cold blooded animal names. How about cobra or viper? We can save leviathan for the ultimate of ac controllers.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElectricZX2 For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-22-2010)
Old 09-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #364 (permalink)
ReVolt Enthusiast

Wiki - Open ReVolt AC Controller

Ecomodders,

I just added some new PDF files of Paul's AC Controller to the Wiki - BOM, PCB, SCH.

I still have more AC Controller files to add: Gerbers, Firmware.

It's all preliminary since he is still de-bugging it.

I also have files for his Low Voltage Power PCB.

More to come ........

-Mark
The Following User Says Thank You to sawickm For This Useful Post:
Nevyn (09-23-2010)
Old 09-22-2010, 02:54 AM   #365 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Just a thought regarding the scope. Back in the day i used to use a crystal earphone to "scope" circuits. As long as the signal is audible it works great. Use a small resistor for dc coupling and a .1uf cap for ac.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #366 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

ElectricZX2 - '98 Ford ZX2 Cool Coupe
90 day: 140.91 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauer View Post
Just a thought regarding the scope. Back in the day i used to use a crystal earphone to "scope" circuits. As long as the signal is audible it works great. Use a small resistor for dc coupling and a .1uf cap for ac.
That's pretty awesome! Now Paul will just have to program the controller to play his favorite tune.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #367 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I fixed 2 problems. One software and one hardware. lets say you have a register that has some of its bits unused, or read only... Don't write to those. hahaha. It causes lots of problems.

OK, now for hardware... Fran put together a hardware overcurrent shutdown circuit, which worked perfectly for 2 pwm outputs (SR). It uses a zvp4105a P-mosfet. I am overloading the sucker with 6 pwm channels. I need smaller resistance across it. It's 10 ohms. Digikey has some 5 ohm ones, so I ordered 2 of those and will parallel them. 2.5 ohm should be good. For now I just bypassed the hardware over-current circuit and all 6 channels are pwming from 0 to 15v. By the way, I'll be able to test everything properly in a couple days because LUKE ORDERED AN OSCILLOSCOPE FOR ME!!!!!! (ELECTRICZX2)

EDIT: Oops, actually I think the hardware problem is a little different than I thought. IT's still the overcurrent circuit, but I'm homing in on it. Holy cow this is fun. Too bad I have a job.

EDIT EDIT: OK, the overcurrent circuit is mostly working. I think I need to add a pulldown resistor to help HCPL_POWER to go all the way to 0v when it's off. One reason it was in continual disable mode is because the regen overcurrent point was set to 0 amps. haha And I had zero amps going through it. There's still more to check out, but I think the whole control board is going to work as planned, with maybe only a single resistor needing to be added! The next board is going to require only very very minor changes. That's a first!

Last edited by MPaulHolmes; 09-23-2010 at 01:21 AM..
Old 09-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #368 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Crimson Crawler - '04 Hyundai Elantra GLS
90 day: 36.71 mpg (US)
Thanks sawickm for working on the wiki - I've been away from PCs for that kind of thing for a bit. Had to work on my own car, getting ready for new baby, wife bouncing in and out of hospital, all that excitement...

I'm not dead though.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #369 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

here I go again,another beginner question,what kind of AC motor can be used with this control,what kind of specs have to have,I start looking for an AC motor but I'm a little bit lost
Old 09-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #370 (permalink)
ReVolt Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevyn View Post
Thanks sawickm for working on the wiki - I've been away from PCs for that kind of thing for a bit. Had to work on my own car, getting ready for new baby, wife bouncing in and out of hospital, all that excitement... I'm not dead though.
Hi Nevyn,

Glad to here all is well with you !!! Congratulations on the new addition to your family !!!

I still have some more files to add to the AC Controller Hardware Wiki. It sounds like Paul is going to rev the PCB with some changes ?

I have been having fun updating the Wiki !!! I am now getting the hang of how it works. Jump in at anytime and make changes, that's what the Wiki is all about. I use onlinefilefolder.com to store files securely if anyone want to add some to the Open ReVolt Wiki, just PM me.

It would be nice to see a DC Charger project, and BMS project, added to the Wiki too.

-Mark

Last edited by sawickm; 09-23-2010 at 03:41 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread