Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #61 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeodywhy View Post
I completed the power window swap in mine. What you need depends on the year of the HX
97 HX to 97 CX.

I have seen where people have run fused power and ground to them and got them to work properly, but I kinda wanted them to be OEM cables down to the fuse. I have all the parts, just have to pull the dash to get the body harness. Just need more time.

Looking back it would have been alot easier to just wire them up, but I hope to get a alarm/keyless entry working, so having everything as factory as possible will help with that. Also, by swapping body harnesses, I will also get the shift light in the cluster to work.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

hX-TREME!!! - '97 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 54.75 mpg (US)

450sX-TREME!!! - '95 Nissan V8 240sx

chodercycle - '06 kawasaki ninja zx6r 636
so. i just got my Mguino installed. i used that leanburninanting thread to calibrate mine. but how do you know by looking at the gauge if you are in lean burn?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #63 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Team Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
so. i just got my Mguino installed. i used that leanburninanting thread to calibrate mine. but how do you know by looking at the gauge if you are in lean burn?
You should see the MPGuio jump up from 40 to 50-60 mpg instantly. There will also be a little hesitation that you will start nicing when it enteres and exits lean burn.

I know for sure mine is in lean burn from having a scan gauge 2. It reads 0 when the car is in lean burn. I also find it very useful to get all the checks in order to enter lean burn easily.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #64 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

HMMMMM ok, well i only drove like 15 miles and it was very hilly but i really think i might have actually seen that. there were times on the flat ground that i was getting like 70-80. i noticed i di alot better over 60 mph than around 50 mph. did you see any help from the MMO? i almost bought some from walmart the other day but i wasnt sure if it was the right thing. he was talking about the little 1 quart bottles and using like 3 ounces each tank?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #65 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Team Honda
I think I see better results with the MMO. I got the 32 ounce bottle and have been adding 2 ounces per tank. I also feel the car likes to go into low rpm lean burn better when the car has not been run alot yet. After 20-30 minutes of driving it seems to limit it to 2400+ rpm. Could be an issue with my catolitic converter or some other issue though.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #66 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Oh yah? My catalytic converter is super clogged. I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Like what would happen if I added headers or maybe the exhaust manifold that doesn't have the cat on it. Now that I have the Guino I can test if it would be better or worse.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #67 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Team Honda
Quote:
What would happen if I added headers or maybe the exhaust manifold that doesn't have the cat on it. Now that I have the Guino I can test if it would be better or worse.
Not really sure. I have read both sides and have mixed opinions on the matter. It would be an interesting test if you had the parts readily available for free or at a cheap price. Be sure not to throw out or scrap anything to ensure you are getting better results. I would really stink to get worse and then be able to go back to stock form.
I occasionally get the P0420 error and ordered a rear O2 to try to fix it. I suspect it is the Cat, but trying the cheaper option first.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #68 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

You could try cleaning your o2 with carb cleaner or air Intake cleaner. I'm going to do the old ghetto trick of using a spark plug defouler to get the o2 out of the direct flow. That's supposed to work. I have friends with aftermarket headers on their cars so I've been asking around for their stock manifolds. I'll deffinetly let you know what I figure out. But man. This mpguido is sweet. I'm almost positive I was in lean burn on the highway. But In Austin Texas it's very hilly and I get way more milage from pumping the hills then using lean burn it looks like. But still I'm having so much fun pushing this thing to the limit!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #69 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovr41991 View Post
It is just two numbers and really easy to do. They have a spreadsheet with the input numbers listed by car type. Pretty simple.

Then you might need to calibrate of fine tune it. Make sure your miles match a GPS and then check your fuel usage when filling up!
I checked the wiki and it doesn't have the hx listed. Can you share what values you use? I wanted to install this today but I am having trouble finding that values. Also, did you have adjust the values you used much from the original.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #70 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Team Honda
Quote:
You could try cleaning your o2 with carb cleaner or air Intake cleaner. I'm going to do the old ghetto trick of using a spark plug defouler to get the o2 out of the direct flow. That's supposed to work. I have friends with aftermarket headers on their cars so I've been asking around for their stock manifolds. I'll deffinetly let you know what I figure out. But man. This mpguido is sweet. I'm almost positive I was in lean burn on the highway. But In Austin Texas it's very hilly and I get way more milage from pumping the hills then using lean burn it looks like. But still I'm having so much fun pushing this thing to the limit!
I just ordered a new one. I had a discount coupon for rock auto and it was only $30 for the OEM plug. I have seen the defouler trick, but that is more for Cat delete isn’t it? From what I remember people use the trick to limit exhaust to the rear O2 sensor which causes the check engine light not to come on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeodywhy View Post
I checked the wiki and it doesn't have the hx listed. Can you share what values you use? I wanted to install this today but I am having trouble finding that values. Also, did you have adjust the values you used much from the original.
This is for a 97 HX 5 speed manual.

VSS setting: 8208 pulses/mile
Fuel: 298378367

I have only adjusted the VSS a little to be in more alignment with GPS distance. It was pretty close at this setting and is more of a fine tuning than anything.
Mpguino calibration - EcoModder