Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #231 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

well one things for certain replacing the iacv gasket DEFINITELY made a huge idle difference. when shifting to neutral idle hits right back to where it was. i also put a few sprays of seafoam deep creep in the iacv too so that really cleaned it out.

i did another little bit of seafoam today and had a wierd freak out probably the last time i will seafoam for a while. i ran a little thru the line like i normally do and had the exhaust manifold cover off as well. put a little more at the end til the engine was runnning a little rough. then shut off the car. yet the engine was still turning over. if that makes any sence. scared the crap outa me a lil. then i waited about 10 min started it back up. didnt see any leaks in engine area like i did last time which was wierd. just tightened one exhaust manifold bolt a little more.

ran it to work and the idle was pretty much fixed. on way home i drove it around more to warm it up and it idled at around 1k rpm most of the time when completely warmed up. been paying more attention to the cars driving and tests when it is COMPLETELY warmed up especially after driving it and the hesitation occurs to help find out where this is coming from.i sprayed carb cleaner everywhere and didnt see any leaks as far as i could tell.

i took two more vacuum readings. here are the videos

in the next video i restarted it a little later after the previous test and noticed that after a few seconds of running the idle dropped down low to like 2-300 rpms it wasnt at 1k like the one previously. both of these were done after driving around for a while. so the cars not really cold lol

its just confusing more and more

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #232 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
The needle rapidly drops two or more inches each time the valve should be closed. May also indicate a misfire.
It's not two inches of drop though.
Possibly bad valve guides. YouTube that one it looks just like your readings.
Nice clock That's a nice upgrade. Vx not supposed to have that. Have you done a compression test? I'm assuming all
Is well. You cold have one injector that has a funny spray I guess. The car is supposed to idle at like 600rpm FYI.

Last edited by Rusty94cx; 03-07-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #233 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

i havnt done a compression test yet. that was my next goal. getting a compression tester and a fuel pressure tester as well. the one i have now says it can. but it looks to complicated to test fuel with it. i want to get the one that plugs right onto fuel filter.

any idea why the vacuum was so much different both tries?
im really wondering. the first test it was at about 22
but the second one which is when it was idling kinda low. it was below 20
but i didnt change anything

i looked at the fuel injectors. i didnt see anything odd other than when i first looked at them lots of black gunk buildup in engine area. the around and insides of them didnt look dirty. i shuda taken pics. the inside of engine area was nasty. i thought that was doing it but nope. tried gumout, sea foam, techron

my idle adjust screw is stripped and i need to get either that somehow fixed or a new throttle body. one of the shops welded a little metal onto the screw or something which seemed to make the throttle more sensitive and pick up faster after hitting the gas.

if all this doesnt do it. im taking it to really reputable shop near by. hes helped find really dumb easy fixes with my other hondas i didnt notice.

Last edited by RatherDashing; 03-07-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #234 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
No the vac in the vids arE 21 and 22 I thought. Bad valve guides don't worry though my money is on the 02 and or exhaust manifold leak. There are a few different ntk o2 and the are the same pn but different 23400 p06 p07 po8 ect. Search vlx build slowand ugly talks about it. Make sure you have the right one. The injector would be the spray pattern and you wouldn't see that by just looking. Alot of guys have the stumble and never seem to fix it. Google hondatech stumble and not 02.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #235 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty94cx View Post
No the vac in the vids arE 21 and 22 I thought. Bad valve guides don't worry though my money is on the 02 and or exhaust manifold leak. There are a few different ntk o2 and the are the same pn but different 23400 p06 p07 po8 ect. Search vlx build slowand ugly talks about it. Make sure you have the right one. The injector would be the spray pattern and you wouldn't see that by just looking. Alot of guys have the stumble and never seem to fix it. Google hondatech stumble and not 02.
Definetely something im going to check tmmrow. i double checked and i do have the p07 ecu.cant remember the exact numbers on the o2 sensor going to check as well

Im wondering if the timing belt maybe skipped a tooth and waitin on the part to get pulley off monday.might be causing the hesitation.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #236 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
The belt jumped a tooth it would run bad all the time low power ect. The timing could be off.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #237 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty94cx View Post
The belt jumped a tooth it would run bad all the time low power ect. The timing could be off.
I just did the timing a few days ago.thought it looked right
Old 03-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #238 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
If the timing is right then the belt didn't jump a tooth.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #239 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Cel just came on today will fetch codes when i can
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #240 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
That's good and bAd

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
civic vx, honda