Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #101 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Arcimoto will be at the 2016 SPRNG Sustainability conference tomorrow (22Apr) from 5:30 to 8:30pm.

[Edit: The evening event today is probably a business conference. This is probably what I'm looking for:

Earth Day! – Saturday, April 23rd – Bring Earth Day Birthday Party, 11 AM-4 PM

(SPRNG is Sustainable Practices Raising Net Growth and BRING is Begin Recycling In Natural Groups.)

/Edit]

I have discovered that the Arcimoto website has a blog that get an update posting once a month.

While Red was in New York, Blue got revised spring damping and torque vectoring rates. They are talking about glass and wipers.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-22-2016 at 11:46 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (04-22-2016)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #102 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Here's Red in the courtyard at BRNG today. What I learned is I'll have a chance to ride Blue when it's back in town next month.

I talked to their business lead, Jesse Fittpaldi, and learned that they are looking at some plastic for the windshield that has optical clarity and UV resistance; and a coating to take a windshield wiper's abrasion. I think the wiper will be big deal, Rain-X notwithstanding.

I got my chance to suggest one with Indian motorcycle fenders and black leather saddlebags with fringes. But I forgot to mention the Cyclopean headlight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (04-23-2016), NeilBlanchard (04-25-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #103 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

As soon as I mentioned the blog in April, it stopped updates. I had to find this on my own:

http://cleantechnica.com/tag/arcimoto-srk/

Three articles by Kyle Field last May contain a lot of useful information. Somehow autonomy is now in the mix. As well as a aftermarket developers kit.

1000 units a month by mid-2017?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (06-28-2016), Xist (06-27-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #104 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Did you get a chance to ride on the blue Arcimoto SRK?

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
Old 06-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #105 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

No. I was preempted by, uh ...offshore... investors. They haven't actually rescheduled.

But I've got an email in to their Business Lead about becoming an aftermarket developer.
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (06-30-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 12:26 AM   #106 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,176 Times in 806 Posts
They did update the blog again last week
https://www.arcimoto.com/2016/09/arc...e-summer-2016/
They are actually hand building their first cars that will be in real customer hands.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:52 AM   #107 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

The more that we see start ups come in and propose models that blur the lines between motorcycles and cars regarding some of these reverse trikes, especially if they're seen as possible mass market alternatives at affordable prices, the more likely and the quicker NHSTA will come in and redo the classification system and bankrupt all these start ups.

From what I can tell from these pics, Acrimoto and Elio and a few others better hurry up production or just stop now, as gov't regulators may grandfather vehicles already up for sale at the time changes are made, because a reclassification, in my opinion, is just a matter of time. It's already being discussed over at NHSTA. Regulators are not going to allow ever more car like models come to market and garner market share as auto alternatives, using one less wheel as the reasoning for a more lax path to market and undermine the intent of the current regulations regarding highway safety. I'd say that the EPA is also looking hard at what's going on in this area.

If we look at what established manufacturers are doing, they are clearly designing and/or proposing concept reverse trikes that are either much more mc-like with regards to handling, protection, and/or components, or with city-only capabilities, i.e. Toyota, than we're seeing with some of these more alternative transportation choices, but with only three wheels.

The manufacturers pushing for "no helmet" and "no mc license" requirements should rethink those strategies that may end up working against their business plans in the end.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #108 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Well the EPA doesn't have much to say about an electic like Arcimoto, but I do agree the Elio is going to have to be reclassified as a car. The Arcimoto with open, strattle seating, and handlebars is a motorcycle as much as a goldwing or harley trike is or I have seen other 2 front, one rear scooters on the road for years. It's cars like Elio skirting the law with an obvious car being regulated as a motorcycle that will be the problem.

Last edited by Hersbird; 09-23-2016 at 12:34 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
freebeard (09-23-2016)
Old 09-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #109 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ditching the steering wheel also shortened and lightened the vehicle. So — win-win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcimoto
As we level up the design of the SRK in preparation for market entry, we’re also working to better communicate the product vision and experience to existing and prospective Arcimoto supporters.
I had thought I'd posted here since July. They need to "better communicate the product vision and experience to" me.

I've got unanswered emails and phone messages. I've signed up for their email distribution list three times and so far have received one confirmation message, only.

On the day of the Whittaker Block Party (which rocked) I went down because I thought they'd have the Museum (models 1 through 7) open, but no. One guy was driving Red up and down in front of their office, so finally I jumped in front of him in the street while traffic was stalled. When he parked I got a chance to tell him my story. He said he'd punch somebody for me.

Nuthin'.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #110 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

They do seem a little celebrity obsessed, but it may be a good marketing strategy. You get some hot shots of culture rolling around in them, especially if those people are real customers, and suddenly every 25 year old wants one. Problem is 25 year olds today don't have money. I suppose enough of them do for a small, specialty company in Eugene, but is that all Arcimoto wants?

Reply  Post New Thread