Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 01:20 AM   #41 (permalink)
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula413 View Post
Just curious, does the 2nd gen Insight also use a NiMH battery, or have they come up with something new? Also, is there any way to wire up an IMA inhibit switch on your car? On my car it is a simple as a switch parallel to the clutch safety switch, I'm not sure if there is a way to do this on an auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
It's NIMH, Formula.

---

Good to read another update, Rick. Now rest up and take care of that back!
I'm trying to rest up -- boring, though. It's only a matter of time and effort to get back to normal.

The Civic Hybrid drivers' experiences and education have been a vast help with fine-tuning driving technique (nearly the same setup). The batt isn't the latest-and-greatest, but it does the job. You just have to repay the battery after you use it. Route knowledge/selection is crucial.

"Eco" mode is best suited for in-town speeds or decel (engaged, it more aggressively charges the system and mutes throttle input). Like any vehicle, it takes some vigilance to achieve above-average numbers.

I really want to do a "Long-Term Test" of sorts. I really enjoy driving it, and what it offers...

RH77

_
_
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread