Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #401 (permalink)
The PRC.

Our local supermarkets sell organic produce complete with soil to show how natural they are.

They price them by weight

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #402 (permalink)
Banned

Re my comment:
Quote:
Oh, pardonnez-moi! "Contempt" is so much more enlightened and sophisticated than ordinary "hatred"!
You replied: "I wouldn't know about that, but it IS different. In addition to reading comprehension, I'd suggest some work on vocabulary :-)"

Again, your tactic is to always try to put your opponent on the defensive in providing proof. Here it is (and you can go argue with dictionaries instead of me):

From Webster's College Dictionary, 2001, Random House (chosen at random):

Contempt: 1. A feeling of disdain for anything considered mean, vile or worthless; scorn. 2. The state of being despised; disgrace.

Hate: 1. To dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion or hostility toward; detest.

Disdain: Synonyms for disdain | Synonym.com

Oh sure - your latest rationalization is that despising something or expressing scorn for it (contempt) has no relation to having an intense dislike of it (hatred). More deep denial and rationalization from you, as usual. I don't think you are unable to recognize synonyms or the overall meaning of your words in totality. Your defensiveness and denial are an attempt to hide your true feelings and exculpate yourself.

Quote:
...your pronounced "contempt" is also in step with that same sentiment shared by the Left...
Your reply: "Add political science to the list of things you need to work on."

Again, you refuse to acknowledge my observation that all your comments are in lock step with a Leftist agenda. Your rationalization is that it is all a mere coincidence. More denial - big time.

Res ipsa loquitur.

And if you don't understand that phrase, add Latin "to the list of things you need to work on".

Last edited by Thymeclock; 08-06-2011 at 12:29 PM..
Old 08-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #403 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymeclock View Post
Re my comment:

Right you lot who want to go on about politics, bog off to this thread please.

Only genuine moaning people here...
Fat Charlie (08-06-2011), metroschultz (08-07-2011), Piwoslaw (08-06-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #404 (permalink)
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
No political discourse

From the Moderator: No Political Discussions Here -- further posts may constitute warnings, further actions, etc...

OK, switching roles to the EM User RH77...

I just rented a new, 2012 Volvo S80 last week from Indy-Chicago-South Bend (was upgraded, not a lot of choice for efficiency, but it got 30 on the highway, which was surprising) -- but anyway, it had a feature that just clicked with why I get high-end cars riding my butt.

It had some sort of radar gizmo in the windshield that looked like it should be on a cop car, but what it did was 1) recognize pedestrians and hit the brakes on your behalf if they stepped out; and 2) slowed the vehicle, when at city speeds, if approaching another vehicle "too quickly" (even if I needed to accelerate to merge while behind a vehicle, it cut the throttle. Argh!!!)

Beef 1: Let the driver drive!
Beef 2: On the highway, it explains why the Merc S550 driver flew up to my bumper at 90 mph and held steady in the same following distance: ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL! I makes so much sense from so many memories now. People are letting their expensive cars accel/decel and do the driving for them.
Beef 3: This system allows drivers to follow other vehicles very closely and let the car "mind the gap" automatically -- just keep the foot on the gas.

Geez.

-RH77

_
_
Old 08-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #405 (permalink)
Lurking Around

96 Civic - '96 Honda Civic CX
Team Honda
90 day: 33.2 mpg (US)

09 Sierra - '09 GMC Sierra SLE
90 day: 19.76 mpg (US)

09 Matrix - '09 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 25.22 mpg (US)
The absolute worst thing that ticks me off everyday is people backing out of their driveway. Now let me explain. It's when you can see them plain as day waiting at the end of their driveway, and you both have a clear line of sight of each other. They wait a few seconds for you to get closer......then they back out onto the road (Speed limit is usually 80 kph around here)

Now sure you have to slow down and I don't mind doing that, but it seems like all people around here have a hard time finding the D in their automatic's once they are parked on the road in front of you with their reverse lights still on, making you slam on the brakes until they find the right gear. And once they make you come to almost a complete stop, they look up shocked in their rearview and pin it to get up to speed. I kid you not on my trips into town this usually happens once a day! And its not the same people over and over again either...Must be something in the water....
Old 08-08-2011, 02:34 AM   #406 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
quote: I kid you not on my trips into town this usually happens once a day! And its not the same people over and over again either...Must be something in the water....

I think they are eying up your car, after deducing your not a dump truck they pull out in front of you, why they act all surprised that you are there, I do not know lol
Which brings me to one more complaint of mine, People driving Big Gas sucking 4x4's who's tailpipe is even with my car window, at a stop light,in summer.
cough cough hack Damn those stop lights

Old 08-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #407 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
The absolute worst thing that ticks me off everyday is people backing out of their driveway...
On my road some houses have high headges at the ends of their drives and the paths are quite narrow - which means they can't see if anything is coming until the car is blocking the whole street if they are reversing. If they are coming out forwards they tend to only look one way and are shocked, shocked I tell you to see me stopped with my arms raised in frustration at them.

But the real offenders are those who park on the wrong side of the road, so the driver's side is next to the path - and they wonder why they can't see if anything is coming when they want to pull out...
Old 08-08-2011, 06:22 AM   #408 (permalink)
The PRC.

Moan, smile and moan in one go...

Moan - the phone line at home crackles. It stops when we remove the HomeHub - BTs home router wireless thing you get when you sign up for their service. Ours is a HomeHub 2.

Smile - they agree the Hub is at fault and agree to send a new one. HomeHub 3 which has much better wireless speed. Wooo

Moan - the phone still crackles.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:08 AM   #409 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

im in eastern europe right now with my wife. when home if i want a good bottle of liquor im going to spend at least 30 U.S. dollars. i can go to almost any store here and buy a very good selection for 4-9 dollars U.S. shows me what the tax is. also a pack of cigarettes in the us is over 6 dollars same ones here 1.50 .
Old 08-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #410 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drv2die View Post
im in eastern europe right now with my wife. when home if i want a good bottle of liquor im going to spend at least 30 U.S. dollars. i can go to almost any store here and buy a very good selection for 4-9 dollars U.S. shows me what the tax is. also a pack of cigarettes in the us is over 6 dollars same ones here 1.50 .
You should try the stuff that goes for $1-2/bottle. You'll never forget it!! Not sure which one to chose? Ask the guys who stand on front of the store all day. "Tasters" we call them. And "Customer Service", when they don't have enough money but want to be "Tasters" again

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Reply  Post New Thread