Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #101 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

The Sh*t-Box - '99 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
90 day: 27.81 mpg (US)
It's gravity fed from a small tank. I'm not sure about this cell, but generally there is an input hole in the bottom, and a gas outlet at the top.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Jerryrigger For This Useful Post:
Christ (07-07-2010)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #102 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Wonder if a HHO could be used for regenerative breaking, with a storage tank, and brown trousers for the "i'm sitting on a HHO bomb" moment after a long breaking session.

i.e. make HHO from a large alternator when breaking only, then use it straight away when moving off.

My ideas are normally full of holes.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #103 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeakyIdeas View Post
Wonder if a HHO could be used for regenerative breaking, with a storage tank, and brown trousers for the "i'm sitting on a HHO bomb" moment after a long breaking session.

i.e. make HHO from a large alternator when breaking only, then use it straight away when moving off.

My ideas are normally full of holes.
I guess the username is suggestive of that fact, eh?

Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #104 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
I think he's on to something here. HHO is perfect for excessive breaking.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #105 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I think he's on to something here. HHO is perfect for excessive breaking.
Ho-Ho-HOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII III!!!!!!!

LOL!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #106 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
I just came across this thread and am amazed that such a POS exists and people are so f-ing stupid to believe that they can put a thing in their car that uses energy to create fuel but it gives back more energy than it uses????

So dip wad, if this worked, why not just put it on ships surrounded by an ocean of water, split the H20, burn the hydrogen, fuel the ship and make more hydrogen? Build huge power stations everywhere to do the same thing! Ya don't think this would be the answer to the worlds energy problems??? Think.....Go ahead....Just Think about it!

Give me a break. I suppose you have a water ionizer in you house too getting those healthful benefits of alkaline water, and do you use a light therapy wand to relieve your aches and pains as well? Get your DNA Pinged?? How's you anti gravity generator work coming along?

I've run across a few suckers like you in my day, you buy into pseudoscience based on BS instead of checking hard reality facts, or using an ounce of freaking common sense.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 AM   #107 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
I just came across this thread and am amazed that such a POS exists and people are so f-ing stupid to believe that they can put a thing in their car that uses energy to create fuel but it gives back more energy than it uses????

So dip wad, if this worked, why not just put it on ships surrounded by an ocean of water, split the H20, burn the hydrogen, fuel the ship and make more hydrogen? Build huge power stations everywhere to do the same thing! Ya don't think this would be the answer to the worlds energy problems??? Think.....Go ahead....Just Think about it!

Give me a break. I suppose you have a water ionizer in you house too getting those healthful benefits of alkaline water, and do you use a light therapy wand to relieve your aches and pains as well? Get your DNA Pinged?? How's you anti gravity generator work coming along?

I've run across a few suckers like you in my day, you buy into pseudoscience based on BS instead of checking hard reality facts, or using an ounce of freaking common sense.
Who are you talking to
And a "hard reality fact" is that it can improve eff a little. I don't think anyone here is saying that it is "free energy" as some snake oil sales people claim, but there is something going on that can give a few % of FE gains. Seems like it's worth looking at, to me. There is a lot of BS on this topic, so research is tedious, but good stuff is out there.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #108 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Blue Meanie - '02 Volkswagon Golf TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 48.52 mpg (US)

Wife's car - '05 WV Passat TDI

Rudy - '94 Chevy C2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post

Ok I will be the ass as smart or dumb as it may be I'm not sure as my ass has never answered my questions.

"IF" HHO did work in the situation that you put forth do you not thing that the Oil and Coal companies would not fight to silence and and sue the companies out of existence of buy them and lock it up? Do not think that companies will not lie and cheat to keep there business model propped up that is what the recording industry has been doing (not to be confused with the music industry).

Thats two ounces of hydrogen and one ounce of oxygen for common sense.

"It's not rocket surgery!" -MetroMPG

Old 07-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #109 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
problem is lack of comprehensive testing (and lack positive results). It always seems to come down to unscientific anecdotalness, seat of the pants baloney, or invalid assumptions made during testing, or some other form of mpg stone soup (i.e. the driver was simultaneously fixed and the car tuned up).

carlosw2 was pretty adamant that it helped on a diesel, and there's a hundred odd truckers that have shelled out $4000 to $14000 for an hho system, but that's a stupid amount to pay for a couple electrodes, so I'm not real eager to try it on my diesel, but might if I ever figure out mpg feedback on it first.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #110 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

dcb,
That would be a stupid amount to pay even if it was known for sure to work well. A good setup can be put together for $200-500, and a hack-job DIYer can manage to do an alright job for under $100.
The real problem with the whole thing, is that no one seems to know the ideal amount of hho for a given engine, or best way to control it. And to make it much more complicated; there are countless scammers out there giving bogus "facts".
My first thought when I heard about this "movement" was; "cool, but wouldn't car companies jump on this, and sell them installed from the factory if this works so well", well first it doesn't work that well, and second a lot of people have mechanics fill up their wiper fluid, you can't ask your customers to do more. Also for a good system you have to use a rather strong mix of water and KOH, which can give you a nasty chemical burn, or blind you.
There are many conspiracy theories about oil companies stopping this and what not, but it's old technology. And most of what happens in the courts is public, so someone would know if this was being stopped somewhere. But one thing is for sure; this is no perpetual motion machine.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread