Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Closed Thread  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #131 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Dr. Jerryrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: mass
Posts: 181

The Sh*t-Box - '99 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
90 day: 27.81 mpg (US)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Who Needs Data???

If someone comes up to me and says...."I'm gonna carve a place to sit in the middle of this huge rock, then I'm gonna roll it off a steep cliff and fly to Spain inside it." I'd be a bit skeptical, and I don't think I'd need data to figure out their adventure was going to be short lived.

Just look at the Facts here.
Ignorance get you no where, like in your example, a little data would help to make a real assessment; Is the bottom of the cliff in Spain?
There are a lot of things going on with a liquid fueled ICE, some of them may have an eff improvement with HHO, maybe even enough to counter out the alternator draw. A charge at home system would clearly improve mileage, as it would be adding fuel to the equation, not much fuel, but some. The question still remains; does HHO in an ICE improve FE more than the added BTUs?
I would not be surprised if it did, though i highly doubt the same would be true of a natural gas fueled engine.

 
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 07-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #132 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell
 
dcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ˙
Posts: 5,038

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Thanks: 158
Thanked 267 Times in 210 Posts
you cannot support your belief that it helps, so why do you persist in believing in it? Why don't you look at the facts presented thus far?
__________________
WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!
 
Old 07-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #133 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Dr. Jerryrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: mass
Posts: 181

The Sh*t-Box - '99 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
90 day: 27.81 mpg (US)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
you cannot support your belief that it helps, so why do you persist in believing in it? Why don't you look at the facts presented thus far?
Because the "fact presented thus far" leave a lot to be desired, and include someone showing a 0.6% gain with a rather crappy setup. 0.6% is rather low to say anything, but this thing should be showing a loss! And most other facts seem to lack reliance to this topic.

You seem to care a lot about this not working, for someone who has not experimented with it.

you cannot support your belief that it doesn't help, so why do you persist believing it is counterproductive? Why don't you look at the of facts presented thus far?
 
Old 07-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #134 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell
 
dcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ˙
Posts: 5,038

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Thanks: 158
Thanked 267 Times in 210 Posts
why are you asking me to prove a negative? How many crackpot theories would you like me to disprove for you?
__________________
WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!
 
Old 07-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #135 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
mwebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 510

no nickname , it's just a car - '04 volkswagen golf tdi
Thanks: 2
Thanked 101 Times in 74 Posts
i offered to collect the data and .... silence

there is no data
the puddinghead claims that there is on his website
but he was misrepresenting the facts .
he then became someone else as the original scammer was banned from this site .

but go back and look , i offered to meet the puddinghead and using his own car and his own installation of his own POS HHO generator
and collect the data
with my toys and my laptop while he drove , i would record .

i did not tell him that it would be
with
and without
his contraption operating

he
became very silent
why ?

was it because he knew the data would show he was full of shnit ?
and that i was going to post the data collected here ?

the offer is still open ...
the silence is deafening .

anyone else have an HHO generator that wants to meet me ?
in or around south eastern NY ?

Last edited by mwebb; 07-25-2010 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: spelling , i am from NY
 
Old 07-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #136 (permalink)
Aero Deshi
 
ChazInMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 1,065

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Thanks: 430
Thanked 666 Times in 357 Posts
I would like for the JerryMander to simply respond to my post regarding the root of what he is trying to do.

If an HHO generator only uses 1 gallon of water in 16,000 miles, or even 5,000 miles, (or he could tell me the rate of diffusion of the water) how could such a small amount of HHO gas containing THE SAME ATOMS AS GASOLINE AND AIR do anything...You say adding a tiny bit more Oxygen and Hydrogen to the mix of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen & Carbon makes a noticeable difference.

So I Ask “How can this less than .5% addition of fuel amount to anything significant?”

There is nothing more to it, This Is the Basic Science You are Trying to Support, you are adding a few Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms to the combustion of a huge amount of Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Carbon atoms.

That is an undisputable, 100% for sure, broken down to the basics, FACT.

If you can not come up with a reasoned answer to this question, you need to shut up and let this thread die without trying to get in some stupid last remark about how there could be some hope. Cause if you can't respond with a scientifically based answer regarding the fundamental basis for what you are saying, then you're simply spouting BS, and your credibility is worth less than this product dropping from the rear of the male bovine.
 
Old 07-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #137 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell
 
dcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ˙
Posts: 5,038

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Thanks: 158
Thanked 267 Times in 210 Posts
I know, the facts have been posted and he ignores them. I even found a nice paper where they couldn't make it make more mpg (it DID make less) and he decided not to listen.

He is a conclusion in search of evidence.
__________________
WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!
 
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #138 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Dr. Jerryrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: mass
Posts: 181

The Sh*t-Box - '99 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
90 day: 27.81 mpg (US)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
I would like for the JerryMander to simply respond to my post regarding the root of what he is trying to do.
sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
If an HHO generator only uses 1 gallon of water in 16,000 miles, or even 5,000 miles, (or he could tell me the rate of diffusion of the water) how could such a small amount of HHO gas containing THE SAME ATOMS AS GASOLINE AND AIR do anything...You say adding a tiny bit more Oxygen and Hydrogen to the mix of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen & Carbon makes a noticeable difference.
Well if atoms are completely equivalent to molecules containing them, just go sprinkle some chlorine and sodium on your eggs. And I'm not claiming that it helps anything, I'm just willing to give it a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
So I Ask “How can this less than .5% addition of fuel amount to anything significant?”
A .5% fuel additive can change FE dramatically, just try adding 5BTU's of shampoo to every 1000BTU's of gas.
A 0.15% addition of acetone makes a difference,
and who said anything about significant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
There is nothing more to it, This Is the Basic Science You are Trying to Support, you are adding a few Hydrogen and Oxygen atoms to the combustion of a huge amount of Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Carbon atoms.
That is an undisputable, 100% for sure, broken down to the basics, FACT.
Indisputable, yes, but are your eggs salty, or on fire? Why don't you cram hunks of coal and graphite in your gas tank? It's carbon after all, then see if you can fire up you propane grill with diamonds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
If you can not come up with a reasoned answer to this question, you need to shut up and let this thread die without trying to get in some stupid last remark about how there could be some hope. Cause if you can't respond with a scientifically based answer regarding the fundamental basis for what you are saying, then you're simply spouting BS, and your credibility is worth less than this product dropping from the rear of the male bovine.
Which question?
Speaking of excrement, it contains all the same basic atoms that food does, so why not eat it? I'm glad I now know science, now I will never have to go shopping, thanks Chaz!
 
Old 07-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #139 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Dr. Jerryrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: mass
Posts: 181

The Sh*t-Box - '99 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
90 day: 27.81 mpg (US)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I know, the facts have been posted and he ignores them. I even found a nice paper where they couldn't make it make more mpg (it DID make less) and he decided not to listen.

He is a conclusion in search of evidence.
That paper was on a similar, but different topic. But it was a nice paper.
I'm fine with the possibility that this doesn't work, I really am, it's just that all the data around this is ether BS from sales people, or none existent.
The problem with this topic is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb View Post
there is no data
-There is the conservation of energy argument, but a lot of fuel burns in the cat. Enough energy to offset the alternator, theoretically.
-Fuel contains hydrogen so why would adding more change anything, but then there is common sense.

What other facts are there?
 
Old 07-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #140 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Daox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Germantown, WI
Posts: 11,107

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)
Thanks: 2,431
Thanked 2,482 Times in 1,496 Posts
I'm closing this thread. Its obviously going nowhere.

__________________
Current project: A better alternator delete
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
ChazInMT (07-26-2010), Dr. Jerryrigger (07-26-2010)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
smart cdi (diesel) owner from BC, Canada smartzuuk Introductions 29 09-06-2018 03:09 PM
Fuel Economy related papers tasdrouille General Efficiency Discussion 38 09-10-2017 12:48 AM
Hydrogen Generator Experiment willy57 DIY / How-to 601 08-23-2016 05:53 AM
Engine braking without using fuel idea Dane-ger EcoModding Central 38 02-04-2010 10:35 AM
Psychological Ways of Saving Fuel Wayneburg General Efficiency Discussion 22 06-06-2008 09:24 AM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com