Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
I stopped using facebook a few years ago. And, I won't use my personal facebook to help keep my identity [as] secret [as it can be].

The two-three posts a week on facebook seems good- better more value in content, than a lot of content looking for value. If I remember correctly, companies like Ford and others post once per day- but they have a LOT going on. Maybe I am out of touch (please advise if so!), but I would think it better to bring up a single topic/item/whatever, and get interaction from users/viewers/whatever they are. And it may help having members posting comments. There may be other things we can do, like polls, too. "How often do you check your tire pressure?" or "Win an Ecomodder sticker by posting your modified car! Just tag the modification on your car as Ecomodder!"

It may help to post some fb activity here, so we can contribute as commenters, and help others get involved and see things. Fb mod may post about x, and a commenter can [of their own free will and accord] mention something cool, or something extra on to it. Hopefully it will be positive discussion- when I really lost interest it was mostly stupid arguments, and ignorance- so a good behavior and tactful responses from members will be important, too.

"FB Ecomodder: Keep those tire pressures up! User X saw a x% increase in fuel economy by keeping their air pressure at max sidewall!"
"Heck yea, I saw a y% increase"
"yAlL stoopid runnin rouNd wIt 50000 PuRsent aer preshur! yo gon kIlL som bodie!"

As frustrating it is, we will have to maintain some professionalism- otherwise the group can get focused on the excitement of arguments and proving a point rather than a point of spreading awareness and discussing efficiency. Newbies who are interested may be turned off, or think us hateful/intolerant, and may be less likely to want to join a community.

Twitter:
I don't know enough about it to comment appropriately. I start trying to use it, but I can't keep up with the short thought bursts of nothing, communicated through countless abbreviations by people who not only use "u" and "2" like they are the correct words, but are then bound to 160 characters. Twitter could be awesome, but I have no idea how we/one would properly use it. When I first signed up when it originally came out, I thought, "This will be great to communicate and send quick, short, important messages to the people who they concern!" And it has not developed that way.

Youtube:
We should be able to get started quickly, as we can link user contributed videos-right? I don't watch them all, but many users make a lot. With a little fine tuning, those videos could have links added to the threads/results of the mod, and have more info on the video that isn't included. I think the Youtube page could be huge at first, I think it would only be slow maintaining as many of us are busy, and a good video can be difficult to finish for the reasons already specified.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.

Last edited by UltArc; 09-09-2013 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Added comments on YT & twitting
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Smurfer

Dime - '95 Chevy S10 LS ExtCab RWD
Pickups
90 day: 18.23 mpg (US)

G/A - '96 Pontiac Grand Am
Team Pontiac
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)
On the "Suggested Threads" subject, a few months ago we briefly discussed a +1 feature on posts in threads. Perhaps if we were to (some day) implement a +1 system, then the Suggested Threads could take care of itself.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have a meta idea: #Best tank ever!
Example taken from Diesel Dave: So i just filled up my truck today, and got 57mpg! If i can do this in a full size truck, why can't you do it in a car? #Best tank ever! # Sticking it to big oil! # Beating the EPA

For more information visit:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html

Thats something that would get liked and shared a lot on Facebook. Obviously, anyone here would be a good example.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Youtube:
We should be able to get started quickly, as we can link user contributed videos-right? I don't watch them all, but many users make a lot. With a little fine tuning, those videos could have links added to the threads/results of the mod, and have more info on the video that isn't included. I think the Youtube page could be huge at first, I think it would only be slow maintaining as many of us are busy, and a good video can be difficult to finish for the reasons already specified.
This be why i preferred to be on the youtube team i often find myself searching through youtube in my spare time which i have a lot of as im still in college for IT and have self taught myself bits at a time for years. And i have specially built my home computer for video editing which i love to do

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford
The Following User Says Thank You to Gealii For This Useful Post:
UltArc (09-09-2013)
Old 09-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gealii View Post
This be why i preferred to be on the youtube team i often find myself searching through youtube in my spare time which i have a lot of as im still in college for IT and have self taught myself bits at a time for years. And i have specially built my home computer for video editing which i love to do
It may be of use to the Mods/dedicated Youtube poster & uploaders to send their work through you, and have you do the fine tuning. If I made a video, it would be rough lol. The only one (actually four) I made was a video tour of the challenge route for my FE challenge last year, and it was just my co pilot filming as I drove. I imagine others will do series of videos (like for builds, or different test runs or testing sessions), and could send the work to you for proper video building/editing.

If all the parties are okay with it. Can one make a YT page constructed of others' videos, or does the page have to use their own videos only?

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
It may be of use to the Mods/dedicated Youtube poster & uploaders to send their work through you, and have you do the fine tuning. If I made a video, it would be rough lol. The only one (actually four) I made was a video tour of the challenge route for my FE challenge last year, and it was just my co pilot filming as I drove. I imagine others will do series of videos (like for builds, or different test runs or testing sessions), and could send the work to you for proper video building/editing.

If all the parties are okay with it. Can one make a YT page constructed of others' videos, or does the page have to use their own videos only?
Im sure as you saw the finalization of the video can be quite lengthy and that was with no real editing which is a strength for my pc as well as being quick in general

as i understood it the youtube channel would consist of playlists(videos linked to others channels) and ecomodder.com videos, whichever the video taker prefers to do.

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford
Old 09-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,963 Times in 3,606 Posts
I've updated the EM Facebook page with a current logo (instead of the pixellated one that was there from years ago) and a new cover image.

===

Those who would like to be FB moderators, please PM me your FB username/email address and I'll add you.

cbaber - your invitation still shows as "pending".
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 09-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I cant make it my lifes work

But I can pop in and clear malevolent F/B fodder.
I am in and out frequently central time from 6am to 2pm.
I dont think you could count on me for a daily grind though.
My free time is totally dependant upon Plant machinery status.
Rite now everything is Cadillacing nicely so not much to worry about.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,963 Times in 3,606 Posts
Nobody's expected to make it their life's work!

As mentioned earlier, the ideal situation is a group of members makes it easiest through overlap.

If this becomes a time-sucking monster with negligible results, we will close the page.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 09-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Face....book...? Oh, that's that thing where people from high school that I never wanted to keep in touch with can try to keep in touch with me, right?? Bleh, y'all have fun with that, I will retreat to the safety of the Island of Unwanted Eco-Cars and use its serenity to fend off social media for as long as possible!

P.S. - Get off my lawn!! lol